Videos of the Week

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Danny Westons cool GoPro HD video, someone remind him of the 500ft rule.

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]
Great video Dan !

Excellent hi-res footage of some interesting coastline. What was even more impressive was the way it handled the contrast under challenging lighting conditions.

Was that a shoal of fish at 2m45s, or birds in shallow water ? - awesome site

They certainly had a lot of confidence in their motors to fly out over open water that low.

Andy

NB: These are not my own video clips. They are just some of my favourites found whilst doing my newbie research into PPG.

Great to see some sun today after this mornings fresh dusting of snow.

But for some warmer sunshine here is some video from the lovely Cayman Islands.

Clip is of a Red Bull Air Force pilot at the islands Pirate's Week festival.

Tough job I suppose, but somebody has to do it. Includes:

* the prettiest PPG ground crew I have seen to date

* a beach launch and release of a skydiver (2m20s)

* but not sure whether he meant to get caught by that wave (4m10s)...

(As always right click on video to view YouTube in larger wide format & HQ)

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
Here is another favourite - Flying downtown in Daejeon, South Korea.

Cannot believe the freedom allowed them to fly so low over motorways, government buildings and through residential blocks. Must have been an amazing experience

Andy

Anyone fancy that through our wonderful city of London this summer?..... Big Ben, London eye, Tower bridge...... then downed in the Thames by the anti terrorist squad!

Anyway, here is my most amazing offering. Nothing else can access places at the speeds that we do from such amazing angles. We truly are blessed to of found flight.

[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kUeK0Uobvs/youtubevideo]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

NB: These are not my own video clips. They are just some of my favourites found whilst doing my newbie research into PPG.

Sorry that it has been a while since I last posted a video clip, but have been on hospital vigil since May due to family member in a coma. Fortunately they are now doing well...

Anyway back to this clip, which is from a country I know very little about - Uruguay.

It is brilliantly put together, with some stunning stills merged in with video footage, and a great sound track. A lot of work went into this.

The Uruguayan Tourist Board should definitely employ this dude... :

One man, his PPG, a VW camper van, vast empty skies and some cute beach life (0m54sec) - what more does a man need :D

(As always right click on video to view YouTube in larger wide format & HQ)

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

Recently came across this great 4min video clip of four French girls having fun PPGing in Tunisia.

Some spectacular desert scenery, big truck, bikes, great weather, and did I mention the four French PPG girls... :mrgreen:

(As always right click on video if you want to view YouTube in larger wide format & HQ)[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

Some of you may have already seen the next clip, but have added it to the thread as didn't see it posted elsewhere.

The video has great energy and has been really nicely put together.

It feels like something out of a James Bond film with low flight tracking of bike, boats and desert rally car from interesting angles. 8)

I particularly like the flight above the hilltop village (~1m) and bridge tower, and over hilltop church (1m:40s). Plus some great use of shadow for low altitude flying section (2m:20s+)...

(As always right click on video to 'Watch on YouTube' if you want larger wide format or HQ)[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

• 4 weeks later...