Videos of the Week

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No motor but incredible flying.

Yes you can loop the loop on a paraglider, and fly backwards 0:58 ...

:shock::shock::shock: Yikes - that one made me feel dizzy !

Here's proof you can also loop with a paramotor (~15sec) - although this must be pretty risky with fuel and added weight to worry about...

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

NB: These are not my own video clips. They are just some of my favourites found whilst doing my newbie research into PPG.

Hope you all had a great Christmas, and here's to a happy New Year filled with plenty of good flying weather, especially at weekends ! :D

On that note, here is a great quality video of a French fly-in from last summer. I love the start of this video (despite it breaking air law) - tracking along the highway like a clip out of the Terminator... 8)

(As always right click on video to view YouTube in larger wide format & HQ)

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

I love the start of this video (despite it breaking air law) - tracking along the highway like a clip out of the Terminator... 8)

Andy

Great find Andy. I do like the start also, but it is not breaking air law to fly low over a deserted road.

The 500 foot rule reads: The aircraft shall not be flown:

'closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle or structure.....' In France the distance is expressed as 150 metres but the ruling is the same.

I wish I had known about the fly in as its only about 75 km away :cry:

Cheers,

Alan

Great find Andy. I do like the start also, but it is not breaking air law to fly low over a deserted road.
HI Alan - thanks for the clarification. I had assumed that the road would be designated as a structure :oops:
...I wish I had known about the fly in as its only about 75 km away :cry:
Sorry to hear that Alan - maybe we should ask Simon if he could add a 2010 PPG calendar of events to the forum? :D

Andy

- maybe we should ask Simon if he could add a 2010 PPG calendar of events to the forum? :D

Andy

A good idea, but I really should have had my ear to the ground, or should that be sky :?:

Here is a viedeo showing a collection of clips from various regions celebrating the joys of paramotoring.

Look out for the lack of flare at 5:50, maybe not so joyful :?

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Cheers,

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

NB: These are not my own video clips. They are just some of my favourites found whilst doing my newbie research into PPG.

Whilst searching for some more GoPro HD sample clips, came across this interesting low level flight over a wintry South Korea (although less snow than here).

As with previous SKorea footage, it includes low level urban flying.

But not so sure about them going under the high voltage lines :shock: (~2m30sec).

(This is a Vimeo video. Click on image to view the movie

Picture%201.png

or here Vimeo: Wintry Flight in South Korea

Andy

- maybe we should ask Simon if he could add a 2010 PPG calendar of events to the forum? :D

Andy

A good idea, but I really should have had my ear to the ground, or should that be sky :?:

Here is a viedeo showing a collection of clips from various regions celebrating the joys of paramotoring.

Look out for the lack of flare at 5:50, maybe not so joyful :?

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Cheers,

Alan

What a tuuuunnnnne!!! Metallica Nothing else matters, one of my favs on the guitar. :-)

SW :D

And the wing sinks each time he goes through it. But are they razor sharp reactions or is some of the reaction pre-empted because he knows he's about to hit it? look how fast he jabs the brakes on the cross over point. And just the right amount to not break the drag. Must have a lot of practice.

Looks a bit like "super dull" showing off again. :D

As far as managing to keep a steady height, the style of foot drag is the secret I think.

He`s taking just enough weight off the wing by holding himself up with his legs when he loses lift. Thereby keeping relatively steady with very little throttle or brake input........probably :D

(Think of it like pulling a wheelie on your moped, outside the chip shop, with your left foot dragging behind so you don't fall off the back. :D)

Now if he tried it with his feet out front, unless he wears ski`s Its quite possible he will dig in. And we get to see how good the anti face plant crumple zone works.

Colin B

Never seen this done before, so thought it might deserve video of the week. Boy would I like to be able to do just one of these !DG
Hi Dave - I saw this video but chose not to post it because it is another imasuper/SuperD special. And that unfortunately often triggers a negative reaction.

Colin summed up very well the mixed feelings people have for him

...Think your right its superdell , gobby overbearing personality that he is he does have realy good piloting skills . If he wasnt so abrasive a charactor prob be an alright bloke...

The guy is obviously a talented pilot, but his reality distortion field seems to be getting stronger.

Here is his latest humble understated claim:

World's Best Paramotor Pilot!!! WPSDA YouTUBE World Championships!! Powered Paragliding Record!!!
:shock::shock::shock:

It's a shame - as confess to envying his PPG lifestyle :mrgreen::D

Andy

Colin B

That makes sense. When I had my feet infront of me the other day, I did find they dug in, even on snow. Back under the seat would give a suspension system (Citroen) and a better slide no doubt.

I note the others comments too but his personality is unlikely to change. I steer right past it. The only interest is good equipment and interest in flying skillfully . The rest is of no value to me.

DG

Colin B

That makes sense. When I had my feet infront of me the other day, I did find they dug in, even on snow. Back under the seat would give a suspension system (Citroen) and a better slide no doubt.

I note the others comments too but his personality is unlikely to change. I steer right past it. The only interest is good equipment and interest in flying skillfully . The rest is of no value to me.

DG

I find the best way to take Dell is with the volume turned off

Or leave yr earplugs in. LOL. Mornin Pete B.

I just watched it again and I reckon he actually carried very little weight on his bent knee method. If he had the wing would've surged ahead a bit and more damping of the brakes would've been needed. Over damp once and the footdrag is broken. Educated guess maybe

DG

• 2 weeks later...