Videos of the Week

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's on a trike, but how to get someone hooked: lovely smooth take offs.

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Cheers,

Alan

Great clip Alan :D

Really neat small trike, which lifts off surprisingly quickly. There again it didn't look like she weighed much. Just wish I could say the same.

You are right, the takeoffs were smooth, but I was more impressed with how soft the landings were - bearing in mind the trike has no shock absorption compared to legs.

38 flights in a month :shock:

I suppose it helps living in Florida and having a husband who is a PPG instructor I suppose.

But not so sure about them letting their Daschund roam so free, as it almost got wiped out on landing at 3m20s.

Have always like the idea of a larger trike, to share flying experience with family members and friends. Just a shame that it is more regulated over here.

Andy

NB: These are not my own video clips. They are just some of my favourites found whilst doing my newbie research into PPG.

Almost ran out of time to submit a video this weekend - sorry, too many project deadlines :oops:

Anyway this is only a very short clip - but what a place to fly!

Great quality video of flight over the famous cliff top monasteries in Meteora, Greece. 8)

(As always right click on video to view YouTube in larger wide format & HQ)

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

Andy,

From all the replies to your vids of the week I feellike I'm missing out on loads! Unfortunately all I get from your implants is an 'indented square' with a teeny tiny square in the top left corner with tiny coloured shapes in it.

Any hints to get the vids?

Cheers,

Tj

Andy,

From all the replies to your vids of the week I feellike I'm missing out on loads! Unfortunately all I get from your implants is an 'indented square' with a teeny tiny square in the top left corner with tiny coloured shapes in it.

Cheers,

Tj

Have you got Apple Quicktime installed on your computer :?:

Cheers,

Alan

Andy,

Cheers,

Tj

Hi TJ - sorry to hear you can't see any of the videos.

So a couple of questions, to help get us started in the right direction:

(1) What PC do you have? How old is it, and what Operating System are you running?

(2) Are you able to go on to the http://www.YouTube.com site, and view any of their video clips ?

(3) Have you managed to watch video clips from any other source on this same computer?

If your PC is fairly new, and the answers to both (2) and (3) is yes, I will PM you some additional questions and suggestions.

Cheers,

Andy

(1) What PC do you have? Sony Vaio laptop.

How old is it? 1 year.

, and what Operating System are you running? Windows Vista home premium.

(2) Are you able to go on to the http://www.YouTube.com site, and view any of their video clips ?

Yep!

(3) Have you managed to watch video clips from any other source on this same computer?

Yep!

If your PC is fairly new, and the answers to both (2) and (3) is yes, I will PM you some additional questions and suggestions.

Cheers,

Andy

Nice one,

Cheers Andy!

Tj

As it's rather cold here I thought some warm weather flying footage was in order.

Also has other attributes for the typical pilot to enjoy :D

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Enjoy,

Alan

I have a sudden and overwhelming desire to be a full time paramotor instructor. I paticularly like the dual flying technique :D .

Whitters :twisted:

I don't speak Spanish or I'd ask directly how (or what tool) the pilot used to get a smooth track from his garmin etrex and overlay it onto google earth.
I have already posted the author on the same question. I will get back to you if he responds...

Andy

Since figured this one out - it's a google earth setting which cleans it up and drops the trackpoints for an "average" flight track.

I detailed it in a word doc for our Canadian ppg yahoo group, but will fwd to anyone who PMs me an address.

I do so in the hope I get to fly some other cool flights via google earth...

Ref: http://www.vimeo.com/7222770

Great video Alan !

I remember watching the TopGear episode where Clarkson et al drove to the bridge. He went on about how when the bridge was opened, the French President had waxed lyrical about it being a great day for French design and engineering. Before concluding the program by mentioning it was a British architect :lol:

Anyway it must have been amazing to fly over , but really tempting to have flown along the river underneath it :wink:

Andy

NB: These are not my own video clips. They are just some of my favourites found whilst doing my newbie research into PPG.

After my snowy encounter with a hedge yesterday :oops:, I thought the next video should be more seasonal.

This is a fun short clip, well edited, of low level flight over the snow.

The real purpose of the video appears to be for a flying school to show off their new truck from various flyovers. 8)

(As always right click on video to view YouTube in larger wide format & HQ)

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy