Videos of the Week

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave - now you are starting to scare me mate :shock:

You must be psychic or something, as that is the second time you have submitted the same clip I had lined up to post ! :D

Now if you can do it a third time the beers are on me at the Fireworks fly-in - cos I need help choosing my lotto numbers ! :wink:

Anyway I might as well post the paragraph I wrote Friday, but was holding back for later this week....

"NB: These are not my own video clips. They are just some of my favourites found whilst doing my newbie research into PPG.

Well for another favourite we move from the desert to the sea.

This is a beautifully crafted video from down under - with stunning quality clips of gorgeous empty beaches.

Especially if you watch the HD version in wider format.

Five friends enjoying a magic coastal Paramotor fly north of the Gold Coast Australia.

Food for thought for the Tip to Tip Australia whenever it happens...

Simply entitled 'PPG Paradise' - which says it all...

Enjoy,

Andy

[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQKNvOkWXww[/youtubevideo]"

Edited by Guest

NB: These are not my own video clips. They are just some of my favourites found whilst doing my newbie research into PPG.

Still on the beach - here is another favourite.

Simply amazed at how in tune this guy is with his PPG 8)

Have seen clips of people touching poles at PPG Championships, but not landing on them. Awesome :shock:

You will have to use this link: Jeff Goin showing amazing control..., as embedding appears to have been blocked for this clip.

[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFrriEB5Jzo[/youtubevideo]

Andy

This one has already been posted but definately worthy of this thread:

Patrick Vandenbulcke's video and music by PAUL VAN DYK "For An Angel" - awesome !

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]
Thanks Dan - that is a great video !

Were you involved in it at all? Only ask as I was wondering where the various locations were?

I also loved the bird of prey landing on the pilot mid flight (~2m50s) - that must be an amazing sensation 8)

Cheers, and please keep posting :D

Andy

I particularly like this video as it shows brake control and effect very clearly:

[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G0iVNc8rQc[/youtubevideo]

Cheers, Alan

Thanks Alan - another great video, showing wing control from some interesting angles.

Did look a bit nippy though :D

So must ask, how did he get the front and rear projections?

Probably used a pole for the front?

But can't for the life of me figure out the rear view - without risking catching the prop somehow. Any clues...? :wink:

Anyway keep them coming...

Cheers,

Andy

Hint out to folks that the "youtube" logo in the video can be clicked to take you to the poster's channel and usually info about the clip.

A couple questions have already been answered there as other folks asked them as well.

/lurk mode

popcorn.gif

Some of these get reposted to youtube by someone other than the author who was careful to offer it themselves:

http://parafun.be/mymovies.htm

Theft via best of intentions.

:oops::oops: and I was just about to upload the Tunisia one to youtube aswell :oops::oops:

Well I did put all the credit to Patrick, I just thought the wider world would appreciate seeing his ace vids as he did not post to youtube just Vimeo !

Tut tut Dan :wink::lol:

But do still post the vimeo link for the Tunisia video here anyway...

Alternatively you could email Patrick and ask him if he minds you adding his clip to YouTube. As I have been pleasantly surprised by how positive folks are about getting their video clips to a wider audience.

Andy

Well here is something completely different from this years Coupe Icare.

It looks like a toy version of what Whitters and his colleagues fly around in. :lol:

Another Electric PPG with tiny prop.

Flycocoon_3.jpg

Not sure if the inventor (a) believes it dramatically reduces parasitic drag, (b) is just a wannabe heli pilot, or © both?

NB. Skip the first 40s if you don't want to see the band.

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

NB: These are not my own video clips. They are just some of my favourites found whilst doing my newbie research into PPG.

Off to southern Spain for the next video clip.

If you also like the idea of flying over a series of hilltop castles, then this clip is for you.

Great quality video of lovely spanish countryside north of Cordoba,

NB. Start at ~2m to miss pre-flight chat. First castle at 2m05s

(As always right click on video to choose to view YouTube in larger wider format)

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

Hoping than many of you are able to make the most of the good weather today... and not stuck in a darkened room doing reports like yours truly :cry:

For those of you that can't, here is another video to help you dream of your next flight.

Off to sunny Arizona for the next clip.

An interesting video from the Arizona Skyrats (great name) of XC trek to a massive Coppermine.

Jump to 1m40s to skip intro stills (and some naff sound effects).

But the video shots over AZ hills are nice, and flight into such a vast mine (~3min) must have been awesome. 8)

Sorry but this is a Vimeo clip - but here is a still pic to give you an idea

Skyrat%20Mine.PNG

Arizona Skyrats: Copper mine flight

Update: you might be interested to know that you can embed an within syntax to hyperlink from it. Excellent...

In plain English, this means you can now just click on the above pic to take you to the video :D

Andy

Off to the Far East for this great video clip.

The first part shows some stunning views around the beautiful Karst mountain scenery of Guilin (Guanxi province), China. This would be well up in my top 10 ten list of dream places to fly (once I get my wings), as I have had some great trips there.

The second part (2m10s) takes us along the beautiful coast of Malaysia, finishing with a flight over downtown Kuala Lumpur. I am amazed that they could fly over the top of the Petronas Tower (as shown in last weeks 'Daredevil: Human Spider' programme). As a national landmark, would have expected it to have had a security exclusion zone.

Anyway enjoy the video...

(As always right click on video if want to view YouTube in larger wide format & HQ)[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

'Flight into the Maize' - some crazily accurate low level flight footage.

Watch from 1m30s for all you wanabee Luke Skywalker's that have ever dreamt of blowing up the Death Star... :D

(As always right click on video to view YouTube in larger wide format & HQ)

[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXNXgxnTmbI[/youtubevideo]

Andy

Edited by Guest

For those of you grounded this weekend - some more possible future 'Tip to Tip' locations to dream of... :D

Beautiful flight footage from Madagascar and the Seychelles.

(As always right click on video to choose to view YouTube in larger wider & HQ)

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy