JUNE Fly-in.

Hi all,

I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone at the Fly-In. Even though I was a complete outsider, I was made to feel very welcome. Plus everyone was more than happy to share their tips and tricks with me, from carb maintenance to using zip-ties to secure fittings. They were all gratefully received and I will be passing them on to the few pilots down my way.

Keep up the good work Simon it was a great event and nice to see that there’s a social side to this sport.

To brighter days and better lays my friends.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi chaps, great to have met everyong over the weekend, big thanks to Malcs and Mrs Malcs for all the help they gave me, also Mike for coming to help retrieve my gear when I was forced to make an unplanned landing in a field full of cows :shock: , at first I thought I had a carb problem wich made the motor quit, but after inspecting it I think I may have hit the killswitch while wriggling around to get in the seat, certainly wakes you up when you are only a couple of hundred feet up and suddenly no power :lol:

Big thanks to Simon for organising it, certainly a very interesting weekend.

Cheers, Dave.

come how many of you thought I was going to end up in the trees when I took off :?::lol:

come how many of you thought I was going to end up in the trees when I took off :?::lol:

I for one thought it was 'score one' to the trees! That was a great save, shame it all went pear shaped 5 mins later. Again though you did a good job on your landing at short notice. Kept the cows amused anyway:)

Glad to hear the motor seems to be ok! I've nearly done the kill switch thing on a number of occasions as it is proud of the trigger mechanism.

Cheers

Mark

What a great weekend, made all the better by the fact that I could go home and sleep as I live in Thame.

Weather and nerves had a lot of the 'less experienced' waiting until the last moment on Sunday night when the wind decided to stop blowing completely providing entertainment for everybody watching!.

Many failed attempts, Dave trying to take off through the edge, Simon F using his Parajet as a lawn mower, my 'faceplant' first attempt followed by a mad scramble over the edge to get up (being dragged on my knees towards the end).

However, the flight I had over Oxfordshire and around my house was fantastic and worth the effort, although I think some people were 'put off' by the mishaps!.

Great to see and meet a lot of people and thanks to Malcs & Mrs Malcs (must remember names better!) and Kay for supplying me with food and drink yesterday.

Well done to SW we should do it every weekend.

Eddie

..............P.S. to the last few that new (car keys) got in at 0130 and now off to bed, thanks for the beers Ken, much appreciated. 8):)

:oops::oops::oops: What can I say - I think it's going to take a while to live that one down, sorry Mike. Glad to hear that you made it home safely (eventually) though.

A great weekend, well done Simon and anyone else that had a hand in organising things.

Ken.

..............P.S. to the last few that new (car keys) got in at 0130 and now off to bed, thanks for the beers Ken, much appreciated. 8):)

:oops::oops::oops: What can I say - I think it's going to take a while to live that one down, sorry Mike. Glad to hear that you made it home safely (eventually) though.

A great weekend, well done Simon and anyone else that had a hand in organising things.

Ken.

Ken,

It's OK mate, we are just going to have to prepare for the 'Ken drama at the end of an event' next time. You always seem to have one of some sort.

:lol:

SW :D

... I think I may have hit the killswitch while wriggling around to get in the seat, certainly wakes you up when you are only a couple of hundred feet up and suddenly no power :lol:

The last two flights I've 'missed' the seat. Somehow the harness straps or my arse have changed!

Since last year learning the hard way (Malc knows!) not to rush and wriggle to correct it. I try to see not being in the seat as a big deal, but what can happen trying hard to get into the seat can be. Mine was a brake I'd stored correctly going back (and cage going forward) so it was eaten by the prop :(

So now, after lifting legs/knees, if the expected seat does not apppear, I keep my legs up and just hang on to the power and brakes until I've gained plenty of altitude (= time) to gently fix it. Although it does my stomach in - for what seems like hours - it is a lot safer to circle the field and gain time. Also, everyone says it is doing wonders for the six pack ;-)

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the weekend, good to meet new faces and old and put names to faces.

Apologies for my atrocious ground handling of a wing first time in fourteen months (smashed heel bone)

God love the guy that came over and said you need to run under the wing only way I can run at the moment is with the walkerjet RR shoving my arse. But thanks anyway.

Once again top weekend Simon when's the next one?

Gabe Cass