Parajet maverick netting upgrade???

M4ll3t

Well I’m sure this i has been done to death but for the fed up with expensive failures!

Ok I’ve busted a prop due to my inexperience when starting but I’ve now had at least 3 net failures the latest due to a failing boa tensioner in flight which totalled the net and another prop and starting to wonder about what the actual purpose of the maverick net is and if fit for purpose!?!

Maybe I’m unlucky and my skills are rusty as my fields are challenging requiring good glider control but I and a paragliding rated pilot and club coach!

That said I’m starting to think there are better more resilient systems on the market and not anywhere as expensive as parajet!

only once have I had an issue which didn’t result in a combo net and prop replacement of circa £600 

Parajet is a fantastic friendly bunch!but boy are the hard work from day one even though it feels like you’re dealing with mates, 
I’ve had issues failed promises, delayed or lost orders or wrong bits even after numerous calls with the lovely Tom PB still orders incorrect etc and struggles to get a good service!

Surely it should be this difficult!.. wish I could just pop in to see them but anything else is like wading through treacle!.. I’ve even got a faster service going through Aviator in the US

Long and short of it love Parajet love their creations love the vittorazi moster but need a setup that doesn’t total netting and prop if one or the other brakes

95CA127A-1A0B-42F1-B002-4A0B861F422A.jpeg

I have a different machine, which also has a net tensioner and spring. After someone had theirs fail in a similar way to yours, I now always add a cable tie through the spring and the other end of the tensioner. Then if tension is lost, it cannot become unclipped and does not loosen enough to cause damage.

• 2 weeks later...

So bought a load of ‘replacement’ parts and a new replacement net!...SUSTAINABILITY BETTER QUALITY... not sure the buyers should have to fit the bill to be honest!... still think I’ll be changing frames this year to something more robust!!

On 03/08/2020 at 17:34, admin (Simon W) said:

They only fail if you over tighten them chaps :-)

Just get it taught and then back off a click or two. (it's called mechanical sympathy) 

SW :D

That's the correct way to use them. I think some people instinctively do them up as tight as they can thinking it's better. Mine have lasted three years without issue. 

On 04/08/2020 at 06:04, e2vdavidb said:

As Tony says and also being V3 bias get yourself a sky Tractor! The V3 is heavy but design is super tough.

Its only heavy the 1st 10 steps :)

And the last 10 steps.....and the 100 steps getting to and from car......and the steps loading it onto and off the car. :)

• Haha 1

I’ve just bought some netting from an online supplier called hucks nets.  I bought pidgeon net and it cost me about a tenner for plenty to replace my netting twice. It’s identical to the original netting. 
It took a couple of hours to figure how and to fit it and done. 
I haven’t fitted the boas or the sewn fabric hem at the ends of the net. Just ties in some dyneema cord and looped Ito we the puns. Works a treat just not quite as pretty. But then it wasn’t pretty held together with red string and cable ties 😂 

5 hours ago, richjones said:

I’ve just bought some netting from an online supplier called hucks nets.  I bought pidgeon net and it cost me about a tenner for plenty to replace my netting twice. It’s identical to the original netting. 
It took a couple of hours to figure how and to fit it and done. 
I haven’t fitted the boas or the sewn fabric hem at the ends of the net. Just ties in some dyneema cord and looped Ito we the puns. Works a treat just not quite as pretty. But then it wasn’t pretty held together with red string and cable ties 😂 

Brilliant, that is really worth knowing. Could you post the part number for the netting, there are several pigeon nets listed on the Hucks site. 

I got BN2074-06

I bought 2m x 3m but because the net on the Mav is kind of cut diagonal I had to join it. Still loads left. 
That cost £4.96 including a surcharge for small quantity. Then it was a fiver postage. 

I’d probably buy 6x6 next time to get it in one piece and have enough for 3 or 4 nets.