Do you have an Iphone?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm me thinks the PMC website will be resized / re-jigged to appear correctly on an Iphone......

I've head that metcheck is pretty good on the Iphone aswell.

So if you have one of these 'gadgets' you can check notams, weather, and log your flight all whilst your flying.

Woody.

Hi Andy

Please call me Eddie ( will have to change my signiture one day!)

The G2 is a better phone than the Iphone because you can make phone calls on it as well :D

It is also an android phone with all the Google apps built in.

Not sure if SW means the actual make of phone or if he means an android touch phone.

At the current rate of growth, Iphone owners will have a 60% market share globally in 12 months from now.

Most software companies are focusing on I-phone apps for that very reason.

SW :D

i want one _ anyone selling an unlocked one???

They are easy to unlock, a chap a Liverpool St station in the phone shop there sells a small plastic holder that your sim card goes in. Its £20, you pop your simcard in it and slot that into your Iphone 'et voila' phone now on your network.....

i want one _ anyone selling an unlocked one???

They are easy to unlock, a chap a Liverpool St station in the phone shop there sells a small plastic holder that your sim card goes in. Its £20, you pop your simcard in it and slot that into your Iphone 'et voila' phone now on your network.....

im aware of that bud, but with that route you cannot accept updates or it locks the phone out for good....

the italian or other factory unlocked phones were never locked, as abroad they dont conform to the same silly branding criteria as the uk..

but having said that...the 3gs is on orange soon, so i think an upgrade is in order!

At the current rate of growth, Iphone owners will have a 60% market share globally in 12 months from now.

Most software companies are focusing on I-phone apps for that very reason.

SW :D

I suspect that is a massively optimistic projection. Just walk down the street and count how many I-Phones you see being used, then consider that in 12 months you expect it to be nearly two out of three. Most people don't even need or want the functionality of a smart phone, so how are they going to be won over?

I could perhaps believe 60% of the smart phone segment, but even there, Symbian is king and despite it's clunkiness, WinMob still has a huge share, and with Android looking good I think Apple have a real battle on their hands.

As for software, I reckon that WinMob is still streets ahead. Perhaps not of the Apple when it comes to big commercial stuff (that you have to pay through the nose for) but look at the small developers building cheap or free shareware/freeware apps, and personally, I have yet to be disappointed when looking for something for a particular task.

WinMob of course is also used in many embedded situations like almost all of the Sat Nav products out there, so that helps it hang on tenaciously.

Sorry if I've gone OT a bit, just reflecting on phone usage.

Phil

Edited by Guest

I'm maybe one of the few who bought an Iphone because a particular app became available to me for my work.

Its called Signal Scope. (its costs too). But it works very well to anaylse audio frequencies.

I too think its a icon thats captured the imagination of the public but actually has had to go through many new versions before it has all the basic features many other phones have had for years!

Still its still the best implimentation of touch screen I have seen so far.

Mikey