Do you have an Iphone?

Iphone here also..........I'm very impressed with all the different apps available. I'm in the middle of my training at the moment with Simon, and he even has the "smashed screen" app which looks absolutely lifelike, you'd never tell it apart from the real thing!!.......... :lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iphone here also..........I'm very impressed with all the different apps available. I'm in the middle of my training at the moment with Simon, and he even has the "smashed screen" app which looks absolutely lifelike, you'd never tell it apart from the real thing!!.......... :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

LOL

I was flapping about it for a while, but smiled again when I found that a replacement screen costs £7.99 (including special tools to open the Iphone up) Phew....

This is the biggest problem with the Iphone. But not too bad cost wise to replace.

I am going to get a decent case for it this time!

SW :D

I just ordered myself this pretty extreme case! Non of them cover the screen, but I noticed that this one set it back a good few mil.

[attachment=0]Otterbox for Iphone.jpg[/attachment]SW :D

Would have put money on you choosing that one Simon - after seeing the review :

...Otterbox are always a little "over the top," and this case would probably see you through a small nuclear war...
:lol::lol::lol:

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I am well happy with my contract with O2, but then I do use my phone rather alot. I pay £49 a month for a shed load of mins and texts and such and it never exceeds it. (not even when I have used it to make calls from overseas in fact.)

The first thing I would suggest is the Otter Box, case!!

Not sure if the Touch has got a GPS in it... (kind of takes away alot of the functions if not) I may be wrong about that though as I dont have one.

It seems odd to say, but.

When you have one, you will find the contract cost, £50 pcm or similar seems worth it.

I am sure there are less expensive contracts you can get one on already?

Check ebay, you will find a cheep one with a cracked screen.

You can get a propper mobile phone shop in Swindon to replace the screen for £60.

Or just buy a second hand one from Ebay, you can do a factory reset with ease.

They are very good indeed.

My problem is that I would like one, but...

I have a O2 mobile for only £7 pm and a 'works' Blackberry, which is great for emails, but crap for any thing else.

Might be good to get a iPhone and then swap the sim over from the BB, but is it worth it?

Tony

I am in exactly the same boat as you Tony.

I love my work supplied Blackberry for emails and text, but realise that I am missing out on the the whole iPhone experience - around the app library.

Just wish the cost of ownership wasn't at such a premium.

Having said that, my well battered iPod is nearing the end of its life, so when that finally gives up the ghost justifying the iPhone will be somewhat easier :D

Andy

I have a BlackBerry Bold provided by work and like people have said, it is great for e-mails but pants for anything else. My iPhone replaced a Nokia handset when I renewed my O2 contract recently, and I cannot believe how useful it is. I'm not as rich as Simon ( :D ), so I have mine on the £35/month tariff, which gives me ten hours of calls and 500 texts, but I have hardly used texting as all three of my e-mail accounts were automatically transferred across when I set up the handset on iTunes on my Mac.

All web usage is included, so e-mail, facebook, Skype etc. is accessed easily. I got the 16GB 3GS handset and transferred about 4,000 songs across, which is plenty for now! It plays well in the car and the bonus for me is that when I drive any distance I only have to take the one unit, whereas before I'd have the phone and iPod. And I have to mention, Google Maps on this phone is miles ahead of the BlackBerry Maps app - it even shows you the direction you are facing and was a real help walking round Enschede on Monday night this week. I'd have been lost without it!

I definitely recommend the phone and as Simon mentions in one of his posts on the subject, it is definitely worth the extra it costs each month.

It isn't too bad, but it is new to me and I'm still leaving bluetooth, gps, wi-fi, etc. on, so it suffers through that. But that still doesn't detract from what is a great bit of kit.

A word of warning to people who are looking at the Palm Pre as an alternative - if your fingers are as thin as pencils then you shouldn't have a problem with the keypad, but any wider and you'll find you are hitting two or three buttons each time. We've now got the option of this model or a BB at work and the few that have chosen the Pre are already regretting it.