IDIOTS, FOOLS, Not a care in the world, not in my backyard

garyfreefly

Mdr says

And you saw all this yourself... (In the dark lol)

Lighted up wings are hard to miss on a dark night

It's gotta have been a UFO.... Flashing lights at night.. And of course no idiot/Fool pilots would have been good enough to be able to fly at night without hitting their own windsock...

So had to be a UFO....

Just Hope no one got anal probed!!! :cry:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of ambiguity tied up in this newspaper article..... but you cant deny there is an underlying problem with a minority of pilots that don't follow, or are not aware of the rules. Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the CAA/Law, but people should have at least one chance to know what potential trouble they are causing.... then if they decide to ignore they should face the consequences.

The CAA have an open channel for such incidents- https://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=form&id=4320

Carl,

If you read the thread you will notice that actually there is only a small portion of it where personal bitching is happening.

I think that it has all be blown out of proportion by the news paper article and that actually it's that which is the problem here.

Chill dude. :-) :-) Twill soon be summer!!

SW :D

My only objection was the threats made and the 'my back yard' of course we all want things kept safe.. It's in everyone's interest to keep things safe.

Can't imagine any of the people involved wanting or even risking harm to anyone, including themselves!! .... Easy to read shite in the papers and then cast aspersions and make irrational judgements, almost as bad as the crap written in the first place if not worse given the fact this is read by such a small community and rumours and the like spread like wildfire..

Maybe just get the facts right and then mention your objections in person when they next fly over your house too low and at night before burning out and crash landing in the sea ff's lol.... Jeeze!

Hey all,

I just want to say I was the one who was in the newspaper,

And 90percent of the story is false. It was nowhere near as bad as they made it out to be. Perfectly fine not even a scratch.

some of it was down to my training and some of it down to luck. And some of its my equipment, as for all the other things that are being posted on here the pilots I saw at the fly in are very skilled. I believe any risk they took was calculated if they were risks, but these guys know what they are doing. I'd like to say thanks to them because they were really supportive and seeing them when I had my incident was the best part of the day. Pilots are great! To 'mrfreeflyer' from Wales I am really sorry if this has cause you any stress. Because where you fly is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. And next time I come if I can ill try to be a little bit more careful. I believe that if this didn't get into the paper this would have been a great fly-in and everyone would have been happy. I am trying my hardest as we speak to prevent this and I learned so much from it more than any one can teach. I now have the upmost respect for this sport and don't want to put it at any risk

sorry again!

Please don't be going on about these things it making me ill :oops:

P.s I did not turtle neither did I come down like dart I landed on my feet and slipped on a rock. Just bending a tiny little bar on my cage replacement 5pound bulldog paramotors are awesome!

I was not at a stupid height over houses, but I would like to keep the dare devil name. Please can this be the end of it all as it is a sport to enjoy thank you :)

Crashingcarmen ;)

Hey all,

I just want to say I was the one who was in the newspaper,

And 90percent of the story is false. It was nowhere near as bad as they made it out to be. Perfectly fine not even a scratch.

some of it was down to my training and some of it down to luck. And some of its my equipment, as for all the other things that are being posted on here the pilots I saw at the fly in are very skilled. I believe any risk they took was calculated if they were risks, but these guys know what they are doing. I'd like to say thanks to them because they were really supportive and seeing them when I had my incident was the best part of the day. Pilots are great! To 'mrfreeflyer' from Wales I am really sorry if this has cause you any stress. Because where you fly is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. And next time I come if I can ill try to be a little bit more careful. I believe that if this didn't get into the paper this would have been a great fly-in and everyone would have been happy. I am trying my hardest as we speak to prevent this and I learned so much from it more than any one can teach. I now have the upmost respect for this sport and don't want to put it at any risk

sorry again!

Please don't be going on about these things it making me ill :oops:

P.s I did not turtle neither did I come down like dart I landed on my feet and slipped on a rock. Just bending a tiny little bar on my cage replacement 5pound bulldog paramotors are awesome!

I was not at a stupid height over houses, but I would like to keep the dare devil name. Please can this be the end of it all as it is a sport to enjoy thank you :)

Crashingcarmen ;)

Smash :wink::D

Hi Carman

I am glad to hear that you are ok.

Sadly your report isn't quite true! The outrigger spar you damaged is actually £12.50!! ;-) and for your honesty I will send you one out for free :-)

PM your address details or I can send it to PK.

Excellent customer service Clive 8)

Tricky H - thanks Tricky H - thanks tricky i wasnt so cool when kids where chucking sand at me! And trying to spin my prop! But everything happened so fast all is know i killed the engine and landed. The bit inbetween i cant remember. See you in the air or on the beach if it gets windy!

Cheers badger but your badger looks like a tortoise;-)

Rigger your video is amazing! Get that on mtv and everybody will want to fly.

THANK YOU;-)

thank you very much skybound i got the price from pk he must have felt sorry for me but still a bargain! Do you have a manual on how to clip this harness back on i fitted it and it just doesnt look the same and i dont know why IF not im sure pk will sort it for me.

Please send it to pk's

There isnt any point in everyone screaming and shouting because i was in the paper there doesnt seem to be alot of us and sometime or another we will all meet and it will be better with smiley faces as i said i am sorry for all the stress i have caused

See you all soon up in the sky hopefully!!

PEACE out! 8)

Just one last point. The CAA enforcement branch do know how to download from YouTube etc and have gathered online video evidence for prosecutions in the past.

I'm up for as much fun as the next chap but posting evidence of breaching low flying rules etc is a risky thing to do. Normally, theres unlikely to be any trouble with the CAA as they take a 'soft touch' approach to our sort of aviation. But if there's an incident or complaint from the public they are obliged to investigate, and they're very much aware of online forums and the videos linked from them as good sources of evidence.

I have been paramotoring for 5 years and lucky enough to spend a weeks holiday paramotoring from the Cricceith area for the last two years with a group of friends. It does offer a unique combination of flying terrain.

I wasn't there & don't know the individuals at the recent fly in that resulted in the news paper report.

I think most of us would get upset if visiting paramotorists attracted negative press in our local home flying area. We all rely on goodwill of the locals for take off sites and hassle free flying. Freefly Gary has my sympathy on this one.

Most of us enjoy some low flying at times and guess this is most likend to speeding in a car. Its easy to infringe the law but you use your own judgement as to what risk you pose to others (including live stock). Low flying along most of the beach at Cricceith shown in the vidoe is within 100ft of the railway line. Too dangerous in my view and puts others lives at risk.

The acid test will be if the holiday let /land owner welcomes the next lot of paramotorists who try to book accomodation and permission to take off from his fields. :?:

Paul C