IDIOTS, FOOLS, Not a care in the world, not in my backyard

garyfreefly

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys point made.

I think it is a little odd of Gary to have jumped onto this so quickly and aggressively when clearly he enjoys the same 'fun spectrum' as most of us on and off this club site.

That said....

It is also a good idea to try and 'ease' your way into a flying field and new area that others use and have for many a moon as it could be considered selfish blah blah blah and the site be lost. Sites are harder and harder to find now with landowners getting twitchy about being taken to court for an injury on their land.... (which believe it or not can be done if permission to use that land was given)

The NFU (National Farmers Union) sent out a mail to all of its members (which is basically all farmers in the UK) highlighting this point last year.

We are all in this game together so let's all play together nicely. If an awesome site is found / used please lets try and keep it for others to use.

On another note Thursday looks flyable :-)

SW :D

Have managed to locate three good sites in the last year.. The way round the farmers is to strike the deal by reminding them if anything goes wrong your flying from their land WITHOUT their express permission... You have land to use they are covered...

HI MDR,

I find it quite simple finding fields for one or two of us, but when it's 40 odd pilots noising the place up for a weekend it's another story.

Maybe another approach is to find a good field from Google Earth, take a visual look on the ground to confirm it’s OK. Then take some nice photos of the field and surrounding area and then approach the farmer with the photos in your hand.

Then, a part of the conversation is ‘I could take more photos of your land on regular basis if you like…..”

Tony

Yep, knocking on the door introduce yourself and what you do, explain its very Eco friendly, no damage to land.. No intention of annoying the neighbours cattle sheep or crops.. Your not going to use the site too often, just occasional.. (hence several sites) then give them your phone number and details and give them a call in a few days time, worked for us so far...

Maybe another approach is to find a good field from Google Earth, take a visual look on the ground to confirm it’s OK. Then take some nice photos of the field and surrounding area and then approach the farmer with the photos in your hand.

Then, a part of the conversation is ‘I could take more photos of your land on regular basis if you like…..”

Tony

Why not start off with pics of his wife !!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I would think yr a stalker :lol::lol:

Tony

Why not start off with pics of his wife !!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I would think yr a stalker :lol::lol:

lol