I am out of this sport before I start

cannot get life cover either, I have 2 sons and would leave them with 0.

You cannot get life cover for paramotoring, its an extreme sport and is not covered by anyone no matter

Not true, I am covered for both paragliding and paramotoring. You just need to tell them and be completly honest about it.

You cannot get life cover for paramotoring, its an extreme sport and is not covered by anyone no matter

I got insurance no problem. I already have cover and called to make sure I was still covered for flying.

They said yes, at no extra cost as I wasn't flying when I took the cover. I have it in writing to confirm.

Mrs S is happy.

Rubbish, I changed my insurance this year which covers me for paramotoring, cave diving, fell running and a host of other stuff. My premium is lower and the cover is better than before. You're definitely looking for an argument Mr Troll.

I'm not getting into fixed wing flying. :!:

Today a pilot of a light aircraft has sadly been killed close to where I live after hitting power lines & closing the A1. This is the 3rd light aricraft pilot to be killed in my local area in the last few years. Thats more fixed wing pilot deaths than the entire history of Paramotoring in the UK.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news ... _1_3023847

TROLL

Really ? What do they consider risky about strapping a plastic tank of highly flammable fuel to your back, just inches away from blades spinning at 300mph, then dangling the whole lot by a few threads several thousand feet above the ground ? It seems like a normal every day activity to me, nothing extreme at all ..... :lol:

I think that some memebers of this forum do not realise that paramotor pilots are a special bunch of people, when we tell people what we do many think we are mad. If someone considers taking up the sport and then

decides not to, they are not a troll (whatever that means), they are normal.

OK, but why come onto a forum about the sport and tell everyone if not to provoke a response in defense.

SW :D

Hi

It’s a shame in the 1.5 weeks on the forum you have not realised the vast variety of persons on here are from all professions and back grounds are level headed responsible people. We all have families and an income to keep up. Your user name presumes you are in the security role which would suggest some risk in life. Maybe next time you could hold back with your negative opinions until you either understand the sport totally or leave like a gentleman with discretion and give other new people the opportunity to experience the sport for themselves. I have a chess set for sale if you are interested but you would need to get a risk assessment done first.

When they said that the pen is mightier than the sword I am not sure they took you into account.

I think that some memebers of this forum do not realise that paramotor pilots are a special bunch of people, when we tell people what we do many think we are mad. If someone considers taking up the sport and then

decides not to, they are not a troll (whatever that means), they are normal.

OK, but why come onto a forum about the sport and tell everyone if not to provoke a response in defense.

SW :D

I don't know whether the original post was intended to provoke, but I think it is good to read the opinion (right or wrong) of of someone that is looking at the sport from outside, I don't feel the need to get defensive about it.

Really ? What do they consider risky about strapping a plastic tank of highly flammable fuel to your back, just inches away from blades spinning at 300mph, then dangling the whole lot by a few threads several thousand feet above the ground ? It seems like a normal every day activity to me, nothing extreme at all ..... :lol:

I got life cover a few years ago, and paramotoring was mentioned.... but the insurers didn't seem to know what it was, nor had they any interest in finding out exactly. Two companies bumped up the premium to extrotionate levels, and i finally settled on another company with lower premium.... they made a condition that i didn't do more than 60 flights per year though. I tried to explain that doing fewer flights per year was probably more dangerous, as with greater periods between flying, there is a greater chance of loosing your technique... in the majority of cases, pilots that fly regulary are generally better. They didn't even specify how number of flights were to be measured-- calandar year, or last 365? or how they should be logged or verified. Their only concern was the £s !

Remarkably though, last year i had exactly 60 flights!!!

Summat very fishy about this bloke... Deffo a troll

First he cant fly then he posts this in the Revo thread..

I'm 82kg in the buff and I fly a 26 Revo2 and I find it very fast on landing, even with trims pulled all the way in. It can be quite frightening in nil wind, when you have pulled all the brake you have and are still travelling too fast to run :shock: Funnily enough, I find nil wind, forward launche...

Then he's 82kg then 75kg soon to be 70kg... that's some mad diet for a skinny git(!)

Now the two son's statement.... My monies on ''he who shan't be named'' trolling from his sick bed :twisted:

Rich

OMG I went to bed completely normal...and this morning I've woken up....and I'm a troll :cry::cry::cry:

:wink:

Sorry for my resonses, yes I should have thought about what responses I would be getting from some people on here before I posted them.

Sorry.

I was thinking of getting into the sport, but wanted to weigh the risks.

I can honestly say I have never seen a Paramotor flying ever, I dont know the numbers involved but there cannot be many apart from on this forum or waiting for nice 0 wind weather :P

You can close this post for me, I have had my say now

Troll Troll !!! You might as will shoot yourself now if your that scared of life. If you'd spend more time looking for your Ba##s than looking for excuses not to fly PPG you'd be in the air by now !!!

serious boss your going to have to live a little. I dont know how you've survived to now and haven't died of stress.

Troll Troll !!! You might as will shoot yourself now if your that scared of life. If you'd spend more time looking for your Ba##s than looking for excuses not to fly PPG you'd be in the air by now !!!

serious boss your going to have to live a little. I dont know how you've survived to now and haven't died of stress.

Not necessary