Nitro 200 General Status

Ey up!

I was just thinking about the ebb and flow of product popularity and buzz and it feels like the shine has come off the Nitro 200. Is it just a lack of promo recently or does the unit have inherent issues that have eventually come to light? It seemed to be very popular for a while but its all gone quiet...can anyone hazard a guess as to the top 5 units these days(or is it just Mav all the way?)  Just curious....

thanks

I keep being tempted to try one of these.

But also keep hearing mixed things about them.

Despite their faults, I do like how Vittorazzi have loads of tech videos, and loads of people up and down the country who can help if there are issues.

As a non-techie, a Nitro would worry me if I had issues. What is the support model in the UK? Is there literally one place you could take it to for service and/or faults? Or are there plenty of people who could work on them? Is there anywhere with online videos and/or resources for them?

Generalizing from a small sample space is always tricky, but let's keep in mind the fact that "reliable 2-stroke" is an oxymoron.

If you're considering a Mav, you might care to price its replacement netting, and extrapolate from there the cost of other replacement parts.

Well here my take on the nitro 200 , owed my nitro 200 for about 4 years, and yes I DID have a problem with it, cylinder lining failed and was unable to get full power, 500 rpm down . Reported the problem to vince at custom air, and with in a few days received  all parts required to complete the repair, was invited to send the nitro down to air conceptions but so simple to do,had the parts sent out,think about 45 hours on the clock at the time , but this is the important thing all-out of warranty 2 year six month after purchasing the motor, Air conception have a 2year warranty and they stand by it....no nonsense about did I use the wrong oil or not the right amount ,up to about 85 hours now and running very nicely, having not spent a penny on it in all the time of ownership  that's saying something about nitro 200,ps have just received a new belt and starter batteries but not under warranty I might add, Show me a motor that never breaks down, and I will show you my arse in sainsburys

Geoffw 

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

a late entry ...

My nitro 200 from 2018 had zero problems until the crankshaft broke at 270+ hrs.

I have only heard of one other such event.

Most of my mates have engines other than Nitros and are always having one issue after another BUT as mentioned above they have more repair vids and such to work from when things do go wrong.

I think this relates to the nitro200 , just been reading a post about Bailey, and that the development has stopped, Bailey have been around for many years now ,and let me tell you  if Bailey had got that four stroke  sorted we would all be flying Baileys,  there are 3 reasons why we are not,( 1 ) weight you do have to be able to move your motor around pick it up place it on your back and run with it. that's why I love my nitro 200, (2) power ,that's why pilots love there mosters ,and nito 200s  and (3) cost/price difficult one this , if there was a  perfect motor for the job out there  we would get the money from somewhere, but it has to be in the ball park, if moneys no problem nice R 22 or maybe cesena 172 very nice but the price, you get what I mean. Paramotors are very expensive for what you get and not that reliable, and that includes Bailey. So thats where  two stroke fit in , (1) light (2) power (3) cost, but with out some reliability  you have nothing. The nitro 200 allows me to continue to Paramotor at 66 years old, its so light,  powerful, reliable,,, But it is a two stroke!!!!! And I love it.

11 minutes ago, geoffw said:

( 1 ) weight

The weight issue is a bit of a conundrum.... If you fly long XC flights or camp out, the fuel burn / weight tends to even out a bit between the Bailey and typical two strokes.
On the same wings I burn about half the fuel of an Atom80 and I am quite a bit heavier on mine. 

• 2 weeks later...