PMC Fly-in 2013.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a brilliant weekend! :-) :-)

Massive thanks to everyone who attended..

Due to professional flying and people avoiding the local no fly areas, we have been given permission to use the field again next year :-) I have booked the 18th, 19th, 20th of July already :-) :-)

I hope to see you all there again

SW :D

A splendid weekend!

Cheers Simon.

Saturday wind was too much for me to consider getting my wing out, so spent the day chatting and picking the brains of more experienced pilots.

Met some of the names from this forum. Interesting how some are exactly as I had imagined (Pat) and some in complete contrast (Pete B) - all good people.

Sunday I got a couple of flights in while the low cloud kept thermal activity down.

Suggestions for the next one:

On-site bar (even if it's just a van with a stock of cans & bottles).

Caterers willing to stay open a bit later into the evening.

Live music in the evening - there are amateur bands everywhere willing to play for expenses, just to get some exposure. It needn't be loud - there are some excellent acoustic-only combos around.

See you at the next one.

Hi Simon,

I would like to say BIG thank you for organising this event. Especially for the fireworks, that was awesome , I've never seen any better fireworks than you did (London's New year is not counting as I've seen it on TV only).

Also, a Big thank you from my family, especially from my boy, he was first time staying in the tent, and running all day around, being on the fresh air.

That was great!

Kind regards,

Vitaliy :wingover:

Yes, that was me, providing a public service by attracting all the bugs away from everyone else.

We did chat briefly, although my ability to remember names in conjunction with faces has deteriorated over the years.

Fortunately most of those at the fly in were named Pete, Simon or Tom, giving me a reasonable statistical chance of guessing the right names.

have to say a big thanks to simon...

This was my first fly-in and after 1 days training on Saturday (yes I was the mad one waiting and waiting in the launch area with my wing to practise ground handling) and a few drinks and a good laugh in the evening I got my first two flights in on sunday, which was awesome....

big thanks to Dave Widdup for the training and guidance and again thanks to simon and everyone for a great weekend...

will definitely be going to the next one :)

Carl

I had a great time too. I haven't been to many fly-ins where it's been flyable all day every day. Over an hour Friday evening, more than 3 hours Saturday, including a fantastic flight up through a 1000 foot deep hole in the clouds to break out into the sunny, blue sky world of cloud mountains, valleys and walls. Superb! If only I had borrowed a GoPro it would have made a great video, especially with the camp site still visible through the hole. Anyway managed another hour on Sunday morning before ATC demanded I come back home to look after the kids.

Great to see some old faces and meet some new ones. Hope to see you all again soon.

Loved the fireworks. Cheers all and well done Carl.

Stuart.

Gin Airflex 28 (orange) + Miniplane

Ahhhh so it was you :-)

I think we need to be chatting the next time we have a mission / expedition on :-) your weather window is fairly epic ! lol

Did anyone film the fireworks? I would love to see them from where you are supposed to see them rather than have them flying past my face lol

Someone showed me a video ( which I think was Neilzy ) when I was half cut in the dark... lol

A splendid weekend!

Cheers Simon.

Saturday wind was too much for me to consider getting my wing out, so spent the day chatting and picking the brains of more experienced pilots.

Met some of the names from this forum. Interesting how some are exactly as I had imagined (Pat) and some in complete contrast (Pete B) - all good people.

Sunday I got a couple of flights in while the low cloud kept thermal activity down.

Suggestions for the next one:

On-site bar (even if it's just a van with a stock of cans & bottles).

Caterers willing to stay open a bit later into the evening.

Live music in the evening - there are amateur bands everywhere willing to play for expenses, just to get some exposure. It needn't be loud - there are some excellent acoustic-only combos around.

See you at the next one.

My god man you were at the fly in with no beer? Who was your teacher? Was it Simon?

Was there at least some scantily clad dressed ladies dancing on stage?

You need to hang around that outkast guy he will get you sorted lol

Sounds like you guys had a great event!

Great to hear

Cheers from Brazil

T