Paramania GTX

thetroff

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get the USB in my pack, I'll have to have a look on the paramania site to see if I can download a current one, The bag of Magic is good tho!!

I get the wobbles every now and then on my 24, doesn't seem to matter what trim setting or conditions, just seems to start, easy to stop with a little steering correction.

Badger

• 3 weeks later...

Waiting for my new GTX 26 to arrive. I'm 99kg naked with a Bailey V5 as my main motor. Went for the bigger wing for me. Theory being that if at full speed bar I need to maintain height without thrashing the balls off the motor.

I will give a review when I've flown it for a while.

As for oscillations, try removing your prop and turning it 1 hole position at a time, see if that makes a difference. This cured it for me on my H&E with Revo.

Whitters.

I fly a home-made mini trike weights 135 kg all up, with both GTX 24 and Revo 26, at the same RPM (5800) for level flight on my Moster 185 (prop 130).

Both takeoffs and landings are super easy.

The GTX is considerably faster and agile though.

Further to previous post I wonder whether there is a better way to position the prop based on piston position?

Further to previous post I wonder whether there is a better way to position the prop based on piston position?

Good point. I wonder.

I was flying with my brother in law around the UK coastline in a 1944,Auster fixed wing a couple of months ago. He was advised to move his prop due to vibration and it made a huge difference. Although 4 cylinder horizontally opposed I wonder if piston Vs prop position makes any difference.

Whitters.

Light aircraft tend to mount the prop so that it will be horizontal when the piston starts coming up against compression.

The idea is that, if the engine stops, the compression will stop the prop in the horizontal position and help prevent broken props in case of a bad dead stick landing. It may also protect the engine crankshaft.

I am not sure that I have heard of any balance related reasons, but it's definitely an interesting one. :-)

SW :D

• 3 weeks later...
I get your point and something I have shared.

No manual pilots complain, finally get a manual and still complaining.

No Vince. As you said earlier, it's not ready yet. Therefore: no manual, pilots have a right to complain. Manual still not ready after 2 years, pilots still have a right to complain.

You're one of the most professional people in the industry. Don't be dragged down by Paramania's lack of professionalism.

I was poking fun really. I had translated the French version before but at least now it looks like something is coming. I have no idea why it took so long. Lack of requests for it direct to Paramania possibly. They have been doing some company restructuring and the future is looking bright.

GTR was aimed only at slalom pilots and no manual required. The GTX followed on and should have supplied a manual given the different pilots it was aimed at.

It's been up to dealers to explain the wings abilities, which I hope I have been clear enough to my guys. For most I have managed to explain what to expect before they even got to flying one.

I've heard that before, that the competition pilots don't need a manual and that's just rubbish. A bad excuse. The simple fact it that it is boring make documentation and sometimes time consuming. Often neglected in many businesses.

If they can't manage themselves to produce a manual, at least do a faq.