Paramania GTX

thetroff

have a look down my videos you will see me standing on carbon spars. They are strong, its a pressure point thing, on a bike rack the motor is light enough to not damage the spars. If you are concerned you should consider some plumbing foam to spread the load more across the spar to protect it.

I had to widen the bike rack to fit around the moster exhaust system.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here it is.

12mm and 15mm Carbon tube. The paramotors use 14mm 3k carbon.

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

The titanium is nothing much to see, you can hang off it in the vice.. nothing.. thats with the 12mm diameter tube I had, the motors use 16mm!!

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Since Paramania hasn't gotten around to posting the manual for the GTX, can someone tell me how the trimmers and speedbar work together?

Is it like the Speedster and Hadron where they are basically the same thing? Pushing the speedbar gives the same result as letting the trimmers out.

Or is it like my Revo2 where you can't use the speedbar unless the trimmers are at least half out?

I found the videos Vince but thanks for posting. They are pretty interesting.

Hi surf bird

The trimmers and speedbar dont work together... As such. The speedster you can use the speedbar in any trim setting and use the brake and tips to turn on full reflex when you have some experience.

The GTX is the same or simular to the speedster . Its not like the GTR that has the PK Pap Kolar system that lets out the trimmers when you apply speed bar and then pulls them back in when you let off Bar.

It is the similar / same as GTR..

The risers are almost identical except no PK system.

PK allows you to go from slow to full full fast in one push. Disconnect the PK and it is as you say. Speed bar or trimmers does the same job, not like traditional reflex risers.

The GTX is not like traditional risers. Speed bar and trimmers have the same effect, use either, combine, part of each, half of one, full the other, any combination. Yes you can use tips or brakes or both.

Compared to the GTR the actual wing has slightly longer lines so you hang further below, giving more stability, less roll a less extreme feeling in turns compared to the GTR which will easily get a tip down to the ground. I only compare to GTR as I flew that last year.

I haven't flown the Ozones yet, but Mark promised me a go when we meet up :)

I have flown Revo2's, Fusion, revo1, Gtr, GTX < see a pattern emerging. I have actually flown a few other makes but I won't go into that. ;) lol

• 8 months later...

Never flown a Fusion but I have always thought that the GTX was more of a toned down GTR, with lower roll rate and less tendency to dive in turns (locked in spiral stylee) :dive:

I'd definitely advise you to test fly a GTX first as they are different to more conventional wings, but a lot of fun though!

With flying a smaller size the difference is huge, I used to fly Fusion 29 and now a GTX22. At 85kg pilot I could have flown a fusion 26 but didn't like the feel of it.

GTX22 has more dive, more turn, feels more secure, more speed all round it is better. Launch is easy, landings are easy but require timing for the flare as the approach speed is higher. Tips feel more solid. Brakes are a bit harder but still progressive.

Compared to fusion29 I have less economy, but not as much in it as you would expect. Also compared I can fly further in distance for said amount of fuel. Hard for me to judge exactly as I flew each with different motors.

At my weight I could easily fly 24 or 22, 22 as an all rounder and if you like to get moving. 24 if you like to take it easy.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Just got my brand new GTX 24 (Im 145kg all up). The wing is great fun however first thing I noticed is the trimmers are extremely dificult to close to full slow. Much more difficult than any other wing I ever flown.

Did any of you notice such an issue or could it be something on my wing?

Not sure about the 26. The 24 for me has fairly similar fuel consumption as my Revo2 (26) app. 6 l/h with Vittorazi Moster 185.

I use it with own built mini trike and take offs are a bit longer than the Rivo's yet it might required slight different technique.

Keep in mind the GTX like most recent wing was designe to be small therefore I think you better think twice before you order the 26.

If you pull the trimmers to slow from fast using the black toggles, they will naturally stop at best take off and landing trim, about an inch out. To go super slow for paragliding or for what ever reason you have to pull on the red strap and take up the last inch. It's designed like that. I find the trimmers the easiest yet of all the wings.

I would also suggest looking at the 24m but it is a personal choice and not set to say you should be on one size or another.

I went from fusion 29 to gtr 24 (which was a bit big!!!) to now flying a gtx22. My weight is 85kg plus gear about 115kg all up.

I could fly the 22 or 24, where as your in the 24 to 26 bracket.

My trims out cruising speed was 60kmh but I have lost weight in machine and me, it's about 58kmh right now. Plus about 8-9kmh on bar.

I know guys that have gone from synthesis 34 to GTX 26.

The 26 will be most like your fusion29, the 24 will be faster & livelier in handling.

Try get a go on one, either size as it will give you some idea.

I'm 140kg all up and I went from a ozone speedster 30 to a GTX 24, I was really not sure about the big drop in size but I've found very little difference in economy, maybe slightly more consumption on the GTX but no where near as much as I thought, the revs to keep level flight are pretty much the same, Take off run is the same if not shorter, and I can get my head round that at all, the wing comes up sooo fast and before you know it your airborne, nil wind take off's are not an issue at all, it's a lot more twitchy than the speedster, about 3" of brake is the same as pretty much full brake and tst toggle on the speedster, and it turns very fast if you want it to.

The only down sides I have found are the lack of manual, for instance I never knew that the brakes can be moved to your desired position very easily, this is a big plus and it was a mate who told me.

The other one is landing speed, I used to have the speedster sussed so it was a gentle step down on most landings, I'm finding the GTX much harder to slow down, on nil wind days i'm having to take 4 or 5 fast steps to stop - any tips would be much appreciated!

All in all I'm loving the GTX and and would recommend it for anyone who wants to take a step up, it's only for experienced pilots in my opinion as I would think you could get into trouble quite quickly.

It feels rock solid in lumpy stuff and as I said it's so easy to launch, wingovers and spirals are a breeze and it feels very light and well made, would Highly recommend to any experienced pilot.

Hi Badger,

Great comparison between the Speedster and the GTX.

My question, if you don't mind, what inspired you to change from the speedster? (as that is the wing that I am contemplating), your review has made me think twice.

I do appreciate the fact that all equipment is personal choice and the best way is try before you buy, but I always like other peoples opinions and their why fors and why nots.

Cheers.

Rob.

I loved the speedster and would recommend it to anybody, if you get a chance to fly both do as I found them very different wings in the air, I wanted to compete in a slalom comp and after a couple of trials found the speedster 30 a bit big for what I wanted so I needed to down size.

I was contemplating a 26 Speedster & a GTX and flying them back to back for a while, but after I bought the GTX I never flew the speedster 30 again so sold it a while ago and never got round to getting the Speedster 26.

I found them very much Chalk and Cheese, by comparison the Speedster felt sluggish and docile (it was a 30 tho) but a lot more forgiving and simple to fly, I find the GTX needs to be flown, you can't grab some brake and let go when your finished with the turn you have to "pilot it" a bit more, but then if you want to bung it a round a bit it's a lot more willing to play if that make sense.

I still can't get over the difference in wing size for the same performance on fuel economy, take off and increase in speed, like I said above the landings are a little faster but that's just fine tuning of my technique I think.

Just re read my earlier post the 140 KG all up is what I feel realistic, I'm 100 ish in the buff and fly a Zenith Moster, but I normally fly with fuel and clothes on!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also 140 kg all up and have been flying a GTX 24 since it came out last year. Have logged about 80 hours on this wing. Although I love the feel of it and very much agree with the other comments in this thread, I do have some issues with oscillations on every trim setting except full slow and full fast. Neutral trim setting is the worst. Anyone else having these problems? I tested a 22 as well and although some oscillations not so bad as for the 24. I fly a Zenith Thor 130.