Too good to be true?

Although I'd kinda set my heart on a bailey v5, I have also heard nothing but good about the Moster engine. Well, after perusing on ebay I spotted this very keenly priced machine -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paramotor-Mos ... 630wt_1413

Now I realise that postage is likely to be very high, but does anyone have any thoughts regarding the general spec of the machine? I'm a bit concerned about the cage mesh, but all looks good to my untrained eye otherwise.....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost certainly too good to be true..

This guy has only 5 positive feedback as a seller. The rest is as a buyer.

If it is genuine you better hope it ships in one piece and customs don't land you with a nice VAT bill when it gets here.

Then if it breaks down you are on your own to sort it out.. Unless you ship it all back to the US at great cost.

Buying second hand in the UK is a better option if you cannot afford new. I was lucky getting my Parajet second hand with its warranty still running. Buying from dealers of the UK based manufacturers such as Bulldog, Bailey or Parajet is your best option for brand new. There are folks on here that are dealers. Morgy, Haze and SW.

It comes from Bulgaria (an EU member), so you should have no problems with import duties or VAT being charged on import.

Shipping to or from Bulgaria is not much more expensive than shipping in the UK.

Frame and cage looks very lightweight, cheap maybe even flimsy, it may or may not be made from a cheaper softer alloy, I doubt if it is made from a hard aircraft grade alloy like 7020 for that price. I like the look of attachment points a nice simple design, but I would want a closer look at the arm to frame attachment before buying because it may not be strong enough. it looks like the type of frame and cage that will easily bend if you fall over, so not ideal for a beginner.

Netting is inadequate - needs modifying.

You should not have too many problems with after sales as far as the engine is concerned, because you can deal with Vittorazi direct.

Good price, the price is not 'too good to be true' the Moster engine costs about £1800 (trade) and about £1000 for a relatively cheap frame, harness and wooden prop makes it a sensible price.

If you get one, I would like a look.

It comes from Bulgaria

All the more reason not to trust this .. Bulgrian Ebay seller with a sales feedback of 5.. :shock:

Good price, the price is not 'too good to be true'

I never said the price is too good to be true. The whole idea of buying a paramotor from this guy in Bulgaria is !

Shipping to or from Bulgaria is not much more expensive than shipping in the UK.
Err its quoted as $550.. :?

I personally would steer clear of this but its your choice. Several people in this forum have been ripped off already trying to buy paramotors off of Ebay.

If you buy and you never see your items Ebay will not be off much help.

If you are still determined to buy ask to see dated photos of the actual units units with close ups next to a daily newspaper or something.

Also ask him if he will accept an Escrow service for payment.

Lastly Good Luck ! :D You may need it!

Err its quoted as $550.. :?

The shipping price of $550 dollars is quoted for shipping to the US no to the UK, shipping within the EU is much cheaper.

If buying from Ebay use Paypal and you have a lot of protection.

Having read the above comments I am fairly sure that he is not a scam merchant. According to his feedback he has had some very happy US customers to date and I am reasonably reassured by the website. I sent him an email regarding shipping costs and was quoted £90-100 depending on postcode, so the price would still remain remarkably cheap. I do however agree with the spares issue, although I think that time would be the only real problem there. And yes, I had noticed the hang points as being a little basic. I will give it some thought.

Truth be told, I now have enough money in place to bagsy the bailey v5 but, now that it is crunch time, I am finding it very hard to justify five and a half grand. That is the equivalent of a very nice MX5 and a decent sports bike parked on the drive. As regards buying second hand, I am constantly scouring the ads, and ebay for something suitable but haven't seen anything yet. Thanks all for your input. Much appreciated :)

Edited by Guest

Hi guys!

My name is Simeon Simeonov. I foud your forum from my web site statistics. It was very interesting for me to read your comments about paramotors made by me.

I offer them via ebay, because I think ebay gives some sequriry of foreign buyers when they hear Bulgaria.

The price is low because I produce the paramotors.

Regarding quality - see reference section in our web site.

Shipment to UK is approx. 90-100 GBP - depends of destination.

Everybody is invited to fly in Bulgaria - here are normal people too. :D

If you have some other question please let me know.

Sincerely yours, Simeon

http://www.paramotor-bg.com

Having read the above comments I am fairly sure that he is not a scam merchant. According to his feedback he has had some very happy US customers to date and I am reasonably reassured by the website. I sent him an email regarding shipping costs and was quoted £90-100 depending on postcode, so the price would still remain remarkably cheap. I do however agree with the spares issue, although I think that time would be the only real problem there. And yes, I had noticed the hang points as being a little basic. I will give it some thought.

Truth be told, I now have enough money in place to bagsy the bailey v5 but, now that it is crunch time, I am finding it very hard to justify five and a half grand. That is the equivalent of a very nice MX5 and a decent sports bike parked on the drive. As regards buying second hand, I am constantly scouring the ads, and ebay for something suitable but haven't seen anything yet. Thanks all for your input. Much appreciated :)

I've a great idea!

Buy one, then take the engine out and put it in a Parajet frame

:lol::lol::lol:

If you have the money for a V5 Buy a V5.... I know someone with an eastern european Paramotor and had nothing but trouble with it... 6 hours in two years and only a hand full of small flights without breaking down and having to be retrieved..

The old saying Buy cheap buy twice come to mind!!! :wink:

Buy British, Para jet, bailey, bulldog,

If you have the money for a V5 Buy a V5.... I know someone with an eastern european Paramotor and had nothing but trouble with it... 6 hours in two years and only a hand full of small flights without breaking down and having to be retrieved..

It has a Vittorazi Moster engine, so no more likely to break down than all the other manufacturers using this engine.

Do you think that if someone buys engines from Italy, frames from somewhere like Spain, harnesses from Israel, the assembles a complete paramotor in Britain and calls it British, then it will suddenly become more reliable?

Yes but build quality has allot to do with it...

I have had to do a retrieve due to none engine issue's on more than one occasion. I always stand by Buy British!!! Far superior build quality.

You only have to look at a bull dog parajet or bailey and compare then to other Cheaper unit's Chalk and cheese...

But just my opinion... :wink:

Hi Tricky

I had to have my V3 rebuilt after an engine out.... Bailey charged me £300 this include new crank V4 upgrade, Crank bearings, New Piston, New oil pump, Oil pump chain, Cam chain,

Bailey Part's are very reasonably priced compared to some 2 stroke parts. How much is a new piston and cylinder

Personally i don't think that was a bad price for a full rebuild as this price include labour!!!!!

Yes but build quality has allot to do with it...

I have had to do a retrieve due to none engine issue's on more than one occasion. I always stand by Buy British!!! Far superior build quality.

You only have to look at a bull dog parajet or bailey and compare then to other Cheaper unit's Chalk and cheese...

But just my opinion... :wink:

I agree that build quality and is important, and although the parts are not actually made in Britain the quality control has a lot to do with it, and you have given some good examples of how to get it right, but I think it is a bit narrow minded to think that if a company is based somewhere else they will have have lower standards. there are many foreign manufacturers that have the same high standards.