Too good to be true?

That was a very good price Morgy... Does he do Audi's as well? :wink:

I'm not having a pop at Bailey's, its just horses for courses.. Some want to go on record breakin XC flights, so fuel consumption is going to be the number one priority.

The comp based power pilots are going to go for Polini or Moster based power plants. If I had 5.5k to spend on my next PPG, it sure aint gonna be a Bailey cos it doesnt float my boat.. :mrgreen:

Maybe a Bailey is more like a Ford Mondeo of the PPG world? And Italian based PPG's are Ferrari's or Lambo's?? 8) (Duck's and runs for cover!)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Paul there are some other good manufacturers out there for sure... Nirvana to name one... BUT you try to go and get parts for that Machine!!!

I know a uk dealer for Nirvana and he had to wait 3 months for a cage section!!! How long would it take to get one from Para jet Bulldog or Bailey Max 1 week...

We have them in stock and would ship next day. I bet Parajet would also have stock and ship next day same goes for Bull dog.

You can't beat having a uk Manufacturer.

Yes Paul there are some other good manufacturers out there for sure... Nirvana to name one... BUT you try to go and get parts for that Machine!!!

I know a uk dealer for Nirvana and he had to wait 3 months for a cage section!!! How long would it take to get one from Para jet Bulldog or Bailey Max 1 week...

We have them in stock and would ship next day. I bet Parajet would also have stock and ship next day same goes for Bull dog.

And the UK manufacturers are starting to lead the field now with new designs Bulldog and parajet especially, bailey with the four stroke technology

I am not promoting buying a bailey my point is Buy British and have a uk manufacturer with parts back up.

A V5 is not all about economy its also the feel of the machine. those who try usually buy. BUT each to there own.

The original post was asking what people thought of the Paramotor on Ebay. I simple said if he had the money for the V5 he wanted in the first place them why would you buy a cheaper unit that no one has even heard of before...

No offense to the Pilot who landed out and had to be retrieved due to hitting the kill switch.... If it didn't start why did he not feel the switch to see if it had been flipped???? I check it all the time if i have been thermaling and it doesn't start after two pull's it get's cold at 3000ft and it sometimes needs choke to start.. I agree it could be in a better place OR like the Bull Dog flip lid style kill switch.

why did he not take off after checking on the ground???? :wink:

Why do you assume that UK Manufacturers hold stock, and foreign ones don't? All manufacturers try to keep on top of stock levels but have occasional supply and demand problems.

I think that you should compare each manufacturer on the merits that you have mentioned but not 'right one off' just because it is not located in the UK

I just used that one as an example I could mention a few more BUT i won't. One especially has had endless trouble with his unit and getting parts and when he received his parts the quality was shocking. I think you have met him Paul...

Also buying From a foreign manufacturer you will have to pay more shipping cost's and are at the mersey of the exchange rate... @ the moment It's crap against the euro.

I have a Moster powered unit for sale. Run 20 hours max. Netting wont need modifying. Good strong machine that doesn't bust props or eat itself. May need a thick skin to own it, if you read forums, but once airborn it's great fun

I might be interested, but I thought you loved that machine?

My engine was built in Germany with Italian heads, British exhaust and Swedish ignition. Has a French frame, French Harness, Japanese starter battery, Italian starter, Israeli reserve, Taiwan rev counter, Korean CHT guage, British/American GPS, German Vario, French mailons, British Helmet, American headset, Japanese radio, British flying suit, French gloves, Italian boots, Thailand prop, French/British/German/Malaysian Wing.

Richard

Meee Owwwwww Dave.

SW :D

Maybe the cat that got the cream Simon. Eh ?

Michel Carnet is no dummy where comps are concerned. He's looking at 3 litres an hour with the Simmo 200 Nirvana, and better. I got 3.3/hour with my old set up. You can better that with a fourstroke (2.5 l/h) but you wont have the horses of the simmo. For comp you need both. Will be interesting to see the results.

As for dealer backup, I needed parts twice, from USA. Both were 10 days. One was FOC. One was pilot error. Just for comparison....(not promotion) meoww.

My money would be on Bulldog, esp. with Simmo 200. Nirvana 200. Bailey v5. All got their pros and cons.

My engine was built in Germany with Italian heads, British exhaust and Swedish ignition. Has a French frame, French Harness, Japanese starter battery, Italian starter, Israeli reserve, Taiwan rev counter, Korean CHT guage, British/American GPS, German Vario, French mailons, British Helmet, American headset, Japanese radio, British flying suit, French gloves, Italian boots, Thailand prop, French/British/German/Malaysian Wing.

Richard

Small correction

French/British/German/Vietnam Wing. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hi Buell

The V5 weighs all up 27kg Plus any reserve,GPS,Vario etc etc. The V5e is meant to come it at around 29kg's

At the moment the wait is 14 weeks as we speak but it's going up every week...

Billbo's wait is going to hell !!!! :wink: He could pick it up next weekend but i might be at the nationals weather dependant. Not sure i could wait THAT long :wink:

Buell we keep stock of V5's BUT there selling out now almost as fast as we can get them in. I now only have one left of my next batch and one V5e left form the V5e batch and i am expecting a deposit on that in the next day or so...

Regards

Mark

Hi Buell

The V5 weighs all up 27kg Plus any reserve,GPS,Vario etc etc. The V5e is meant to come it at around 29kg's

At the moment the wait is 14 weeks as we speak but it's going up every week...

Billbo's wait is going to hell !!!! :wink: He could pick it up next weekend but i might be at the nationals weather dependant. Not sure i could wait THAT long :wink:

Buell we keep stock of V5's BUT there selling out now almost as fast as we can get them in. I now only have one left of my next batch and one V5e left form the V5e batch and i am expecting a deposit on that in the next day or so...

Regards

Mark

Morgy thanks for the info.

I like them they look nice. I have a nice miniplane small frame and large 130 carbon it works really well for now. But I assure you if I feel the need to change I will call you, you have been a great help!

27k is really good for a 4banger. they have done a nice job on the unit. I was just wondering how much they weigh I like a light unit and love the idea of 4stroke.

Bill, If you could do me one favor. I would love to know, with everything on ready to fly zero gas what it weighs

just post it here if you get the time.

The wait is going to kill you! Have you ordered some nerve p i l ls lol

cheers!

More than happy to bang it on the scales, but it looks like Morgy has sorted it out for you. I shall weigh my v5 as a matter of course when I finally get my sticky mitts on it. And yes, the wait is already starting to kill me. I'm getting twitchier by the day :)

I have a Moster powered unit for sale. Run 20 hours max. Netting wont need modifying. Good strong machine that doesn't bust props or eat itself. May need a thick skin to own it, if you read forums, but once airborn it's great fun

It is good but I prefer the Simmo 200, despite it's extra weight. It may be my ignorance, but I cant get the economy with the Moster and it seems to run hot. Apart from those two things it's a superb engine. Any tips to remedy would be welcomed.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the V5. 4 stroke would be my choice if I wasn't over 90 kgs. Perhaps I should buy an old V3 with a stuffed motor and stick a Simmo in it.

I

It is good but I prefer the Simmo 200, despite it's extra weight. It may be my ignorance, but I cant get the economy with the Moster and it seems to run hot. Apart from those two things it's a superb engine. Any tips to remedy would be welcomed.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the V5. 4 stroke would be my choice if I wasn't over 90 kgs. Perhaps I should buy an old V3 with a stuffed motor and stick a Simmo in it.

I

Hi Dave

Was a bit tentative with 4-stroke due to me being a tad heavier than you, but have been assured that I am still within range. Watched a youtube vid of someone who looks considerably heavier than me having a great climb out so am highly optimistic. Subject to a hang check (I may need a larger harness) I should be collecting the machine friday. If you fancy a peek then you will be more than welcome to pop over. I shall be staying with my sister just a stone's throw from you after picking up the v5. She's at Pathfinder, near Tedburn. :D

The V5 WILL fly a pilot of up to 115kg's easy, If you are over 115kg's then it will be down to pilot skill level and the wing size... I have seem a 110kg pilot fly on a 26m speedster rated to 115kg all up weight was around 140kg's + and the climb rate was still great.

If you fly with a simo then any other motor is going to feel underpowered

Don't take my word for it have a demo on one :wink:

Thanks for the viewing Paul. Certainly a high quality machine. I think your long arms will allow you to start it on your back. My failed attempts might be due to starting the pull in the wrong part of the stroke. Although I did manage it. Like to try some different techniques if you are down this way again. I had a DR 350 once and the piston had to be in exactly the right place to achieve starting.