Too good to be true?

No problems, even though my name is Andy 8) . Really great to meet you and your partner, and see what a great arena you fly in. Was suitably impressed with the power of the FT. And yes, you were right............. I lay in bed last night thinking "Bugger. I should have gone for it" :oops: As regards the starting, I think it's just a case of getting familiar with the machine's nuances 'cos I struggled too with my long arms. Once I know exactly how much priming/choke/tugging it wants it'll be easy peasy. Really looking forward to when I'm next down your way. Maybe we can do the Bude/Exmoor run. And you can deffo get the test flight as promised. :wingover:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Andy. Crap memory. What was that motor of yours called ? LOL. I was truly impressed with your motor and your groundhandling, even if the wind was laminar and the wing a Gay 2. And next time you are out in those perfect conditions, I know you're going to commit to a takeoff, and I feel you'll do well. Yesterday, we could've got you to just taxi and fly a few feet, maybe into the next field, into wind all the way and land easily. But get with your instructor for your first flights with radios etc. I can give you some coaching after that if you want. And yes please. I'd love to fly the Bailey. I wanted to yesterday. How long did you take to get to sleep ?

I can give you some coaching after that if you want. And yes please. I'd love to fly the Bailey. I wanted to yesterday. How long did you take to get to sleep ?

The onset of sleep took quite a while, lol. Thanks for the offer of a little coaching. Certainly wouldn't say no to a few pointers here and there. Fingers crossed for the arrival of decent weather and let the unfurling of wings commence. By the way, I had a peep at your take off field on google earth and nearly PMSL when I saw you on there with your wing all laid out and ready for action. Are you sure you occasionally do some work up there? :wink:

Take care matey and see you soon :)

The exact spot you were using for groundhandling Andy. And the same place I was flying with Kev (bendmeroundthehedge) 2008 when DEFRA dropped in for an inpromptue visit, one weekday, and my first day off for about 2 months. No...I promise you ...I work mostly, and fly occasionally. As hard as it may seem to believe ! lol

• 3 weeks later...