PMC, Cornwall fly-in 2021

admin (Simon W)

PMC Cornwall fly-in 2021  

38 members have voted

1. 1. A delay to this event is certain. Would you prefer a delay of 1 week or 1 month?

• A week
    • A month
    • Coming no matter what

This poll is closed to new votes

OK so I am sure many of us have just watched the PM brief and keen to know how this effects the event. 

I need some time to read, digest and contact suppliers / council and so on, but sadly I think that we will have to delay. 

My current thought process is a 1 week delay or a 1 month delay and your thoughts on that would be helpful. 

I think a week delay is pointless but may be no more or less sensible than a month - in truth I have no idea what will actually happen now regards restrictions being lifted

Unfortunately I have no confidence in anything Boris says anymore

Any later than August and I doubt the days will be long enough to justify a six hour drive each way for me

Well I was planning to stay until the Friday anyhow so one week would suit me perfectly as I’m already there. 
if it’s 4 weeks later I’ll still be there. 
5 weeks later and I’ll be at beautiful days festival in Cornwall. Please don’t make it clash with that. Any other date I’m in. 😊

7 minutes ago, alan_k said:

Difficult decision to make Simon, we will already be in Cornwall the week before.

I think 1 month would probably be better.

no no no no no you want to drive to Cornwall 2 weeks running. Honest you do. you know it's the right thing to do :D

A quick heads up pre mail out... I am planning on the 20th, 21st, 22nd of August now for this event. Landowner (also weeding venue) is happy and has space that weekend (the only weekend left with space!!!) But also a full moon!! (those who know, know... :-)

I am going to make sure that this is the best one yet and add an extra layer of awesomeness to it :-)

Official mail out / facebook spam tomorrow :-) 

SW :D

Bulk mail going out now but NEW DATES are now in place: 20th 21st and 22nd of August. 

Please check your calendars and update your availability. Those who have hit the 'going' button but can no longer make it. PLEASE can you click the 'Leave event' link on the top left of the page.

Super sorry to those who this effects negatively. :-( There will be another PMC event in September (details to follow in the next few days.) 

SW :D

• Like 2

I’ve freed up my space. You know when there’s not been much going on and you’re really looking forward to something.. then Boris the twat ruins it for you. 
seriously pissed off but I understand it’s unavoidable Simon. 
what really gets me is they can have thousands in Wembley watching football but we can’t have 200 in an open field. 

anyway I’ll have a week in Cornwall in July and take my kit anyway, and I’ll look forward to September 😁

• Upvote 1