Two stroke oils

GR002

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viscosity_index

So if you want slightly higher than Motul 800, go Maxima http://www.maximausa.com/product/formula-k2/

But I think this is just guessing without real tests (and that's expensive). Use what's recommended, similar or what you believe in. If you have real problems, investigate.
If it works, don't fix it.

Interesting discussion, fellas.

I was just out today, buying some bits for my FreshBreeze Simonini. I don't know the first thing about 2stroke engines.(but I am learning)

My manual actually states: The fuel should have 98 octane or 100LL. The best oil is Castrol RS 2T. Mix is 2% in addition to the fuel.

That is verbatim from the manual. I am surprised that they actually name an oil. 

Some questions :

1) 98 octane - that's Super/4Star right?  Should I be buying Shell V-power Nitro+ or is that advertising  b.s.?

People say: don't buy supermarket fuel, but then even Wikipedia says, all fuel is same, until vendors add their additives. 

And then there is the Ethanol contents E5 = 5% is the standard. Some companies add more but that should be labelled E10 or even E15. My understanding is that we           should stay away!    

2) What difference does the type of oil make? Since we cannot see what is happening in the engine, it's all hypothetical until something goes bang, right?

Dariuszk24's comment makes sense, but does that apply to us all? Just in hot or cold weather? When and how would I feel the difference?

19 hours ago, Dariuszk24 said:

Viscosity are higher in 100 °C =better lubricating

Thanks,

Manny

11 minutes ago, kiwi k said:

If any of you read the actual properties from the actual oil makers you would get a shock, Just because it has a recognized makers name does not make it 100% better or different from the not so well known brands.

You mean it's a marketing ploy? Surly not! LOL

1 hour ago, kiwi k said:

If any of you read the actual properties from the actual oil makers you would get a shock, Just because it has a recognized makers name does not make it 100% better or different from the not so well known brands.

If the motor manufacturer says use it ... 

I have purchased a Polini Thor 100, and Castrol TTS has always been used in this machine so naturally I wish to continue using that brand, but to purchase Castrol TTS does not seem so straightforward as I thought. Packaging is varied, therefore I am not confident of contents being the same, it may be that TTS has been superseded?? Is Castrol TTS still available? What do other Polini users use?? Thank you.

Only problem with premium oils is the price, not the quality of the products. It's almost more interesting to know where the limit is, and what oil you shouldn't use.
Premium oil and you don't have to worry, my engine is so clean I sometimes wonder if I have any oil in it at all. Almost no carbon deposit.
A much cheaper oil would surly work, but guess I have to clean the engine more often to be on the safe side.

Choosing Fuel and Oil - Jeff Goin

"Avgas or Mogas? Castrol or Pennzoil? 2% or 3%? What's best for my engine? Ask this question in a room full of paramotor pilots then take cover. "

On 16/02/2017 at 17:09, vseyes said:

I have purchased a Polini Thor 100, and Castrol TTS has always been used in this machine so naturally I wish to continue using that brand, but to purchase Castrol TTS does not seem so straightforward as I thought. Packaging is varied, therefore I am not confident of contents being the same, it may be that TTS has been superseded?? Is Castrol TTS still available? What do other Polini users use?? Thank you.

Castrol TTS has been superseded by Castrol Power 1 Racing.