What do you want? Ideas... major update.

Hi all,

I have started this thread to ask your your help / ideas for a major update of the Paramotor Club site. :-)

Nothing is impossible!!! :-) :-)

It would be great if you would post ideas of 'What YOU want' from this site.

For starters, we are going to update and add content to the information pages, on Air law, Met and so on. but what do you guys and girls want to see here?

One of my ideas is an online flight log book, which you can add pictures and other data too.

Many thanks in advance to all who do :-)

SW :D

How about a section for flying sites that are available to share with friends to meet and fly so that people planning a holiday have somewhere to go knowing that they will be able to fly when they get there and B&B near by with phone numbers so they can book. I've often seen messages from people searching for sites when they are coming to Devon and Cornwall on the off chance

Oh - and how about somebody please PM me a chance to share a humble patch of land to take off from nearer to Richmond, Surrey? Any tips or advice or ideas welcome! With the shorter days it's so limiting not having a field within stabbing distance. I'd fly so much more if I could.

I've circled a few on a map and next good weather window I'm going out door knocking... still can't believe we can't use Wisley Aerodrome. IT IS VULCAN-GRADE CONCRETE! No mud! It would be so perfect for winter flying.

Regards and thanks

Raidan

The idea of a sites list is awesome. I think the best possible way to do this would be an interactive map that would show sites, wind directions that it is good for and any restrictions (no-fly times of year/day, farms/houses that get annoyed, recommended sights locally, local weather phenomena etc)

Another idea would be a map or similar of good flight plans. It could have author's notes, photos of flights, reviews by others that have flown it, recommended accommodation or fly-camp friendly cap sites etc.

I have no idea how technically feasible these would be but would love to have the opportunity to explore more.

All the above is good and nothing is impossible :-)

Once we have an idea of what people want, we will create a 'roll out' lost and crack on with it early next year :-) :-) keep them coming!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Simon.

How about a brand specific page that could include tips and tricks and fixes for each kind of paramotor. For instance, I have changed the cords for shock cord that hold the cage together during transport on my Bulldog moster as the original cords are a bit prone to snapping during taking apart.

Regards

Dave :acro:

• 3 months later...

Currently looking for a suitable local site to fly from in the Basingstoke area. Local council unfortunately rules out Crabtree plantation and Basingstoke Common due to local resident complaints about noise, etc (seems more to do with model aircraft than PMs, but understandable).

So now approaching local landowners/farmers, the usual question is 'what is paramotoring exactly?'. You can see their eyes glaze over when you try to explain simply what it is, how much space is required, how noisy is it, will it turn into a PM rave, etc.....

So a suggestion for the PM website (for full members only?) is a link (or downloadable to smartphone/tablet) to a cool 3-4 min video which you can point prospective site owners at to quickly explain and dispel any fears. I know there is a lot of YouTube stuff out there, but I think a PMClub-made video would carry more credibility and weight. Doesn't need to be flashy, just well made and include a quick guide to the paramotor kit, take-off and landing demo, typical space required (grassy or set-aside field, well clear of wires, trees, animals, crops, a place to park the car, etc), facts about our insurance scheme, how well trained, nice & responsible folk we are, ........

I think this would help line up a few sites, then it's up to use these sites responsibly & safely.

The new site allows all members to opt as to if they want to 'share there location' when live. If they opt yes. A map will appear in there profile the data from which can be collated on to a central map. :-)

It's coming next month :-) :-)

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2016 at 7:22 PM, paulg18 said:

Expanding on the idea of an interactive map, if every registered pilot was depicted as a coloured dot which you could click on and see their name with the option of messaging them about flying. This would be a really good way to get to know any other local pilots.

Your wish is my command :-) 

• 1 year later...