hmmmm.... what to get?

After a good second flight last night :D I have got the bug and want to carry on flying, I'm in the fortunate position of being able to buy new, I would like a Volution as thats what I've trained on, and they are fairly close to me, but which engine?

It seems to be a choice between a Minari or a Bailey, I am not a great fan of 2 strokes and have always had 4 stoke road bikes, the 2 has more power than a 4, but, there's the hassle of mixing fuel and poorer economy. Will the Bailey have enough power for me, at 85kg on a medium APCO Lift or similar sized revo2?(not sure which wing to get either!) :?

After a good second flight last night :D I have got the bug and want to carry on flying, I'm in the fortunate position of being able to buy new, I would like a Volution as thats what I've trained on, and they are fairly close to me, but which engine?

It seems to be a choice between a Minari or a Bailey, I am not a great fan of 2 strokes and have always had 4 stoke road bikes, the 2 has more power than a 4, but, there's the hassle of mixing fuel and poorer economy. Will the Bailey have enough power for me, at 85kg on a medium APCO Lift or similar sized revo2?(not sure which wing to get either!) :?

It is always better to have a bit of power in reserve.

Two strokes are easier to maintain

Is it such a hassle to mix fuel against having to do an oil change ?

How much flying and for how long will you be doing to need the extra economy

Check the weight difference.

Any modern reflex wing, they all have slight differences.

Im sure others will reply soon.

Pete

I would think strongly about the air conception

http://www.custom-air.co.uk/Custom_Air_ ... motor.html

one of my flying buds Stu has recently gone from a pap ros to one of these and I have to say I am very impressed with it, its light, very strong and with the moster engine he has in it its got bags of power, so much so he was able to fly tandem with his dad recently.

Well I've done it, Volution with Minari engine, medium apco lift and reserve ( a good deal with Paul Haxby). No money left now :( , will have to save up for a camera!

Hi, same route as me, Minari in the Volution. I wanted the Revo2 but they are on back order for months so looking at Ozone on advice of Alex Ledger my instructor... Have asked for advice elsewhere re my wing choice... I've been advised to go down the Apco Lift route, I may ask Alex if he can supply..

Good luck with your Volution....

I am being steered towards the Parajet Macro V2 with the Minari ,too. Although I was also being advised to look at the Air Conception with the Moster, at the Fly-in yesterday. I like the idea of the lightness of the Air Conception but it just doesn't look like it would take the knocks a beginner is likely to give it, as well as the Parajet would. The penalty for that robustness is something like 6kg, though.

But, I still think that I want to hold out for a good Second hand V2 Macro with the XT motor. I am 105 kg and have a Synth 34

I would think strongly about the air conception

http://www.custom-air.co.uk/Custom_Air_ ... motor.html

one of my flying buds Stu has recently gone from a pap ros to one of these and I have to say I am very impressed with it, its light, very strong and with the moster engine he has in it its got bags of power, so much so he was able to fly tandem with his dad recently.

That is my next ABM ride for sure!

Pat there is a video of the unit hitting the ground fairly hard only. The motor was ready for the next flight but the pilot...... not so much.

I think it would compare well with anything currently out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Great to gear you got a good discount on your wing.

I know that the (wing) dealer was made aware of the complaints that I posted on this thread and was concerned about the negative publicity the post was generating. How better to turn it around than give a generous discount and get a big online thank you?

Given the idea of minimising poor publicity, I wonder what the chance are of me finally getting a refund for my faulty AXB paramotor.

Dom

Dude, STOP STOP STOP !!!

You need the prop in the following order.

Hub, WIDE space, prop, thin retaining plate.

If you are not 110% sure that you have done everything correctly its best to wait until you come up next mate.

SW :D