IMPORTANT(Paramotor club summer fly-in 3rd / 4th July 2010.

pete_b

All

We have found a better venue for the Fly-in, it is near to Silverstone vilage

We have two stand pipes and loads of porta loos :D

It is easier to get to as well

lat/long

52° 5'54.37"N

1° 0'59.48"W

Towcester road

Silverstone

NN12 8UB (then carry on North along the road to the PMC signs)

Any problems call me

Mate, you have excelled in your position as Activities Chairman! The site is amazing!

I am happy that a great team has been chosen and that this event is going to be the best PMC fly-In yet!

Well done to the team!

SW :D

Just get your ass into the air and keep providing the PMC with excellent tuition :D

I was suprised that it was 14 months till you got back in the air :shock:

Hope you all have a fantastic fly in, never mind the weather :wink:

Cheers,

Alan

Dudek ReActionTST 29

Fresh Breeze Airboss (Solo)

What are the three objects lined up across the middle of the field? and whats going on in the adjacent field, it has a big tent and a windsock? Tim and I flew down there tonight from Northampton to have a look.

Nige

Hi Nige

Not sure there was nothing there when we were there on Tuesday only the porta loos.

The land owner is getting stuff in ready for the Grand prix next week end but nothing to affect us.

I will call him tomorrow.

which field was the tent in??

Pete

Hi Pete, the tent was in the next field north-west of ours. I said wind sock but it was actually one of those tall skinny flag things, I think it may have been set up as a heli shuttle site for Silverstone. The three objects looked like black wheely bins or at least something of that colour and dimensions.

Hi Pete, the tent was in the next field north-west of ours. I said wind sock but it was actually one of those tall skinny flag things, I think it may have been set up as a heli shuttle site for Silverstone. The three objects looked like black wheely bins or at least something of that colour and dimensions.

The tent is a camp site for next week end, it will not affect us this weekend.

The bins are ready for next weekend and we can move them if we want.

Pete

Cheers, one other thing, does the £15 still apply at this site and would that apply for the odd visitor turning up to learn about the sport? Only just as I was about to launch last night someone approached me wanting to know how to get into this and I said he should pop down to the fly-in this weekend.

Nige

Yes, the price is still held at £15 even though the cost of this site is 20% more than the other one.

If you are just coming Sunday then it will be £7.50 for the day.

If you are coming to find out about the sport (not camping) then a donation to the club funds would be appreciated

Pete

Great link Tom, look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

I notice on the weatherlink an advisory on the airspace over and around the 'now active' Silverstone heliport.

Can someone (Norman maybe) clarify the position with regards to this heliport as they are asking for 2000' AGL or radio contact and I do not fly with a radio.

Have we spoken to them?

Help please

Eddie

I notice on the weatherlink an advisory on the airspace over and around the 'now active' Silverstone heliport.

Can someone (Norman maybe) clarify the position with regards to this heliport as they are asking for 2000' AGL or radio contact and I do not fly with a radio.

Have we spoken to them?

Help please

Eddie

Dave was going to speak to them .

I have just spent three hours on the uk aip site and there is no reference to any restrictions at silverstone, if there were they would not have had to issue a notam for next weekend due to the grand prix.

I have issued a notam from tomorrow until Sunday evening and have had the Serial No given to me to confirm it, if it was restricted air space we would not have got the notam issued.

But it would be nice to have some one else on the inside to double cheack.

Have we spoken to them?

Help please

Eddie

Dave was going to speak to them .

I have just spent three hours on the uk aip site and there is no reference to any restrictions at silverstone, if there were they would not have had to issue a notam for next weekend due to the grand prix.

I have issued a notam from tomorrow until Sunday evening and have had the Serial No given to me to confirm it, if it was restricted air space we would not have got the notam issued.

But it would be nice to have some one else on the inside to double cheack.

I have sent them an email as before but not had a reply from them, I will give them a call in the morning.

Dave

Thanks Guys, Just putting the route in my GPS to fly in on Saturday and didn't want to start the weekend p**ssing off Silverstone or Turweston as they appear to have an 'agreement' over the airspace in between them which is exactly where I may be flying.

Cheers

Eddie

Thanks Guys, Just putting the route in my GPS to fly in on Saturday and didn't want to start the weekend p**ssing off Silverstone or Turweston as they appear to have an 'agreement' over the airspace in between them which is exactly where I may be flying.

Cheers

Eddie

Ed do you know any of the people who sky dive from hinton on the hedges?

Dave

Hi Dave.

Yes, I know the Chief instructor Stuart Meacock. I went to see him last weekend and told about the fly-in.

We just need to make sure the pilots are briefed properly and given LFOs.

Looking forward to the weekend.

See you there.

Eddie