bmw 4stroke

jock

I guess it was only a matter of time before someone come up with an affordable 4 stroke but a BMW! who would have thought it?

Edited by Guest

Awesome find that is amazing.

as a reality check I would guess that is a GA engine reccomending BMW oil. no doubt far east manufacture.

Also be careful at that price someone else has bought one and is happy

It looks purpose made for paramotoring.

the more I look the more I no like

see below

Domain name: GAENGINE.COM

Administrative Contact:

tom, jackson gaengine@hotmail.com

1000 National Ave

San Bruno, CA 95101

US

+1.1888216831

Technical Contact:

tom, jackson gaengine@hotmail.com

1000 National Ave

San Bruno, CA 95101

US

+1.1888216831

Registration Service Provider:

Ecommerce, Inc., registrars@ecommerce.com

800-861-9394

http://ecommerce.com

UNLIMITED Storage Space, 3 TERRABYTES of Monthly Transfer & up-to 16

domains, starting at $3.95!

LIFETIME FREE DOMAIN REGISTRATION + FREE FEATURES INCLUDED. ONLY AT

ECOMMERCE.COM

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.

Record last updated on 20-Jul-2009.

Record expires on 20-Jul-2010.

Record created on 20-Jul-2009.

--------------------------------------------------------------

this means the website was setup in that last 3 months

just be wary before parting with cash

BMW would not register a domain with gaengine@hotmail.com

simon

I agree.

Some of the Ch-inglish language used on the site along with the Chinese writing and liberal smattering of Honda logos leads me to think that these might be little Honda 4-stroke engines, which have been re-engineered for aviation use including reduction prop hubs and paramotor hand controller.

But being made by Honda is far from a bad thing, especially at that price!

Good to be wary though.

Ian.

I agree.

Some of the Ch-inglish language used

There are some good things under the notes:

9.Intelligent disaster self protection system. I've got to get me one of those, I wonder if they sell them separately :lol::lol:

19.Double insurance flame failure device for emergency makes you flight safely.

I've always wanted to flight safely, I wonder how I can start :?:

Alan

it may appear the bmw 4 stroke is not what it seems say some forums.after a bit of research the power figs dont add up.and the price.esp the 22hp with standard exhaust/carb.but there is quite a few having a go with this gx motor.so its only a matter of time til a decent one comes along,,nice redrive and throttle set up on it though...in the kart world 25hp is poss.but hp is lost in the avaition world,i would say if we get 18hp max at present,light weight pilots will get the most of a gx 200 at the present..someone will do it im trying//////

Bad news guys - it ain't a BMW engine - and thats from my brother-in-law who works for BMW UK - in their IP department (intellectual property).

If you see one in the EU with a "bmwobbl- u" badge on it - it's counterfeight - 100% NOT BMW.

BMW has contacted the "manufacturer" today asking them to clairify the link between the engine and the use of the BMW registrered trade mark.

GA Engines, by the way guys, is one of DPRC's largest manufacturers of cloned Honda industrial diesel and petrol type engines ....... and have a rap sheet as long as a toilet roll for intellectual property trademark, and counterfeit violations - to include the unauthorised usage of BMW trademark, the Yanmar name, the Kubota name .... and a whole bunch of other names .....

....... puts that one to bed I think.

Bad news guys - it ain't a BMW engine - and thats from my brother-in-law who works for BMW UK - in their IP department (intellectual property).

If you see one in the EU with a "bmwobbl- u" badge on it - it's counterfeight - 100% NOT BMW.

BMW has contacted the "manufacturer" today asking them to clairify the link between the engine and the use of the BMW registrered trade mark...

Yes China is still a bit like the wild west when it comes to IP - having lived out there for 10 years.

It is not just BMW engines that get copied.

Unbelievably blatant but true: :shock::shock::shock:

1990756096_311d58961e.jpg

Andy