Paramotor Club Xmas doo 20th Dec.

• 2 weeks later...

All,

I have just been and sussed out the venue for the Xmas doo :D Its perfect for the job!

Shrivenham Bowls Club

Address:

Martens Road

Shrivenham

Swindon

Wilts

SN6 8AX

I also met up with the catering guy who needs to arrive with his helpers 5-hours early!! to get the food done in time for a 19:30 serving.

Has anyone got a decent projector or LARGE TV we can borrow?

I can hire one but would much rather blag one of course.

SW :D

Cheers Slim.

I assume your coming for the 2010 meeting before the doo? if so, please bring it then. If not, please bring it then anyway :lol:

You can take it away with you on the night of course.

Of course you can take it away with you Pete :lol: happen I'll bring a boot load and the everyone can take one with them ;-)

Oh look... pigs flying :lol:

See you there Pete - and no I haven't forgotten about your radio, I just haven't made it to the fixit man yet.

S.

I don't know what anyone else is doing about accommodation, but I am coming from Kent and so am staying over Saturday night.

I have found a hotel which is not too far away (3 1/2 miles along the A420) and has vacancies - Madison Hotel & Conference Centre. The usual rate is £49 for the room plus £10 for brekky per person. If we get a few rooms booked (they said 15 but probably 5/10 would do) they will do it for £49 including breakfast for single occupancy or £55 for 2 people sharing a room.

Any use to anyone? If so please let me know so that I can get back to them in the next couple of days to secure the better rate. If you have found something better then please share the info!!!

Best regards,

Ian.

All,

The final cost for the doo is £15 per head. Please bring it with you as the caterers will need paying :D

On the door will be Sue, and myself on and off, with Patti of course. Sue will be taking your money and could I ask that you ALL put your name on the list 'before' you go inside. (fire regs)

I will then give you a glass of hot mulled wine to ease in to the evening with while people arrive. :D

The bar will be open at 18:00 It has a limited range of selection, but please remember we are in a bowls club not a night club :D

I will be starting the DVD before 18:30 so please aim to be here between 18:00 and 18:15. My phone is going off at 18:30.

There are two private carparks at the club, one large on and a smaller one slightly closer both can be used. (owners risk and all that) but its a nice area :D

the main rule for the night, and this is a big one... I dont even need to say it I am sure, but I am going to :lol:

NO GOING ONTO THE GRASS! NO BEING SICK ON IT, NOR ANYTHING ELSE, NO LANDING ON IT, NO NOTHING ON IT. PRETEND THAT THE GRASS IS A BLACK HOLE THAT NEVER ENDS AND THAT YOU WILL FALL INTO IT, WHICH ALSO MEANS NO CAMPING OR FIRES :lol: IT'S A BOWLS CLUB.

Of course it's 'no smoking inside' and if you smoke outside you have to eat the smelly bit and flick the ash into your mouth.

See you all tonight :D :D :D

Simon, off to bed shortly, cos l get stiff in the mornings :-) but had to say what a great party tonight. The DVD had many good comments and the food laid on was terrific. I heard about 15 didn't turn up, shame, but l suppose they all had good reasons.

Well done again to Lynwen and Dave, looking forward to watching the 2010 Tip to tip when its published. May be 2 years away but like the T2T 2008 it will soon be upon us.

I am without motor at mo (its in dry dock for mods :roll::roll::roll: ) but hope to be in the Sky with many of you soon.

Have a great Xmas everyone and a happy flying New Year.

Fly Safe

Regards Mike and Jackie :D

Cheers Mike,

And cheers to those who did make it ( 8 did not turn up :-( ) :D but it was a top party.

Thanks Slim for the 8' x 6' screen and projector and stuff. Worked a treat in the end.

Another great get together, thanks for organising it Simon, also a big thanks to Patti and her helpers who obviously spent a lot time decorating the hall and making it very Christmassy.

Shame about the M4 being closed on the way home, anyone know what that was all about?

photo.php?pid=1727523&l=f20bc&id=702545897

I'll upload some more photo's to my album.

Regards.

Togsie