Bak-rak

Getting paid out probably will not be an issue because if anyone runs into the back of you and damages the motor they will be at fault. It will be the other drivers insurance company that will be forking out and not yours, that said they will argue the toss a bit, but faced will any claimgoing to court and knowing that their client is ultimately at fault they will not want to push it.

Cheers Lee

I need to go through the 'fine print' in my policy again, but I think it covers me only for carried items up to a certain value- off hand i think it's £500.

I would think you would need to pay an excess and have goods carried added to cover the cost of repair or replacement.

Pete

I think you'll find that ganers made the point. If you're driven into (ie: no fault) then it's irrelevent what your insurance company covers as you'll be making a claim against the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident (if they're insured).

It doesn't matter what it is you're carrying, you only have to prove its value (receipt or invoice) and claim that. Think about all the uninsured losses (time of work etc etc.)

You need to check yours if you intend to claim for damage to your own equipment etc (loss more than likely) of goods/possessions carried.

but what do i know? nothing. I had a car written off by an uninsured driver and it's done nothing but cost me money.

ho-hum..

...I had a car written off by an uninsured driver and it's done nothing but cost me money...

Thats really not fair... most people are responsible and make sure they are insured, and some uninsured idiot crashes into you... there is no justice.

indeed unfair. young girl decides to pick up her new (2nd hand) car and thinking she doesn't need insurance to drive it home, promptly proceeds to drive the wrong way around a roundabout and total my car. Didn't get a penny compensation, just my insured losses (car). everything else was at my expense as they couldn't get any money out of her (being 18 yrs old and a student). Am I bitter? not really, little point. but it's a lesson learned. This was 4 years ago.

Didn't even get to hear what the courts handed down as the police couldn't be bothered to inform me of anything even though I asked.

Rich from what you have said the worst she would have got is a large fine that she couldn't pay so they tend to defer to points or a ban pending test being passed again the road traffic punishments can be really weak!

Coming back to the topic though I'm really tempted by this project as right now I have to nick my dads car to move my kit about, will this system be ok on a removable tow bar or does it have to be a permenant one?

Cheers lee

• 2 weeks later...
Not realy sure why I take it off, probably due to habbit when I used to put it in the car.

I'll probably keep it in one piece now you mention it.

Paul

Couldn't go flying yesterday, so decided to make covers for my PAP, for when I have to have it on the back of the car to stop any dirt and muck.

Was going to make a full cover, but decided the wind resistance would be too much.

DSCF3424.JPG.6764f2708bd9957da2bd59fe98e

DSCF3425.JPG.c05fbd6a13626dfb5fd6a8d9b16

• 2 years later...

Changed the car last week- Got a Citroen Berlingo XTR, and can confirm that a Miniplane sits very comfortably in the boot - rear seats still OK. The cage needs to come off, but this isn't a big issue if you're used to it.

Still keeping the 'Thule Easybase', both have their advantages but I'll be mainly using the external mount for short/close flights/good weather- and carrying the Miniplane internally if I'm travelling further to sites, or there is a possibility of rain while I'm travelling to/from the site.

17882851996_9b85d03ff0_c.jpg

GD

Indeed- but useful having everything in one place.

At least any newbees can have one point of reference on a very indepth discussion about 'transporting your paramotor'. That's why i believe the traditional forums are more powerful than Facebook.

Would be good to continue the thread and highlight what paramotors can fit in which vehicles.... would make vehicle selection and paramotor selection a bit easier.

GD

• Upvote 1

I was on about the back rack not the car lol

I don't have any sort of back rack so yours is posh! :P

Joking aside, it actually does look like it could be sat in a shop somewhere for sale rather than a home build. :-)

SW :D