Another one breaks the law and is caught on camera.

haze

Another good advert for ppg..not.....

So, as a complete newbie, would the effect of a wing stall or overshoot whilst on the edge of that tower lead to certain death or mild paralysis??

I suppose a wing stall could get hung up and leave him dangling over the edge leading to another complete waste of the rescue services time and our money.

Maybe he could use a hook knife and combine it as a B.A.S.E. jump!

Oooh look, a pie.... :roll:

The video was uploaded onto social network website YouTube following the paraglider’s stunt on Sunday and almost 1,000 people have viewed the five-minute clip.

But the video has been criticised by some viewers with one person claiming the paraglider is “another high profile newsworthy death waiting to happen”.

Meanwhile other viewers have praised his flying skills and the quality of footage over the West Norfolk market town.

It took the paraglider several attempts to land onto the Campbell’s tower in King’s Lynn and his successful landing can be seen two minutes and 40 seconds into the video.

The paraglider’s manoeuvres did, however, prompt a member of the public to call the emergency services at 11am claiming he was “out of control” and heading for the River Great Ouse.

This sparked a frenzied search by police and the Hunstanton lifeboat. The RNLI lifeboat and hovercraft were then stood down at around 12.20pm.

The empty Campbell’s factory is currently being demolished with its tower due be brought down by a controlled explosion in mid-January to make way for a business complex including a new Tesco Extra store.

The town’s civic society had tried to get the landmark listed last year but English Heritage said the tower had no “special architectural or historic interest” and rejected the group’s application.

Tesco’s plan for the site was approved by West Norfolk Council in November last year and it is thought the £40m Campbell’s Meadow project could bring up to 1,000 jobs to the area.

East Anglian firm RG Carter, which originally built the factory on the 63-acre site in 1959, has been contracted by Tesco to carry out the demolition work.

Although I'm aware of the argument that things like this could give paramotoring a bad name, I think we often over-react. Every time some idiot drives down a residential street at 40mph the danger to the public is 1000 times greater than some guy flying lower than he should. In that newspaper article, they couldn't think of any danger other than a 'distraction to motorists'. I regularly drive past Heathrow and manage to survive whilst 'distracted' by a 747 passing right over me at a few hundred feet. If somebody circled low over my house regularly, I might be mildly irritated but someone passing low overhead once in a blue moon? Anyone who sees that as a cause to write to their MP needs to get a life!

Hi Dave,

To a point, I see your point.... but the fact remains that it's illegal, and if people keep doing it, someone will react and I cant see how it would be in a good way.

SW :D

Although I'm aware of the argument that things like this could give paramotoring a bad name, I think we often over-react. Every time some idiot drives down a residential street at 40mph the danger to the public is 1000 times greater than some guy flying lower than he should. In that newspaper article, they couldn't think of any danger other than a 'distraction to motorists'. I regularly drive past Heathrow and manage to survive whilst 'distracted' by a 747 passing right over me at a few hundred feet. If somebody circled low over my house regularly, I might be mildly irritated but someone passing low overhead once in a blue moon? Anyone who sees that as a cause to write to their MP needs to get a life!

I agree with everything your saying However Nobodys going to ban motoring or stop people driving their car like lunatics...

Once you are up in the air everybody for miles around can see you So we are in the public eye from the moment we leave the ground.....it would be very easy for the Caa to ban paramotoring just because we are not the flavour of the month....after all we dont contribute any money for anything we just take !! ........... (Which is as it should be)..........

But with the way it is at the moment ...You Know If it moves TAX it :evil: we should be keeping a Low profile not flying Low and pissing the Uneducated off

I agree with everything your saying However Nobodys going to ban motoring or stop people driving their car like lunatics...

Once you are up in the air everybody for miles around can see you So we are in the public eye from the moment we leave the ground.....it would be very easy for the Caa to ban paramotoring just because we are not the flavour of the month....after all we dont contribute any money for anything we just take !! ........... (Which is as it should be)..........

But with the way it is at the moment ...You Know If it moves TAX it :evil: we should be keeping a Low profile not flying Low and pissing the Uneducated off

Amen.

A valid point well put.

What pisses me off is seeing what a nation of wingers and complainers we've become. Mostly due to our vile press who's primary mission seems to be to keep the population scared and angry. When I flew microlights in Spain in the 90's, the lovely folks in my village wanted me to fly lower so that their kids could see me waving back at them.

A valid point well put.

What pisses me off is seeing what a nation of wingers and complainers we've become. Mostly due to our vile press who's primary mission seems to be to keep the population scared and angry. When I flew microlights in Spain in the 90's, the lovely folks in my village wanted me to fly lower so that their kids could see me waving back at them.

It's still like that in Spain. The kids and parents love you to fly low so the kids can wave.