ouch francis hs had a bump

jock

• 2 weeks later...

Sod this, I was seriously considering getting into this sport. It seems

That it's just as dangerous as having a motorbike, I cannot risk having a broken ankle, back, leg or even worse.

Seems it's pure pot luck if your wing collapses or you get problems dur to rotor or other landing issues.

Think I will stick with my fixed wing flying, yes accidents do happen even with fixed wing aircraft, however with over 12 club aircraft where I fly there has not been an injury in over 8 years, and I am talking 500 landings and take offs a day.

If I get injured which seems likely I will be not be happy having no income as I am self employed, no work no pay.

It's a pity I really liked the idea, but after seeing so much on you tube I have been put off

"Sod this, I was seriously considering getting into this sport. It seems

That it's just as dangerous as having a motorbike, I cannot risk having a broken ankle, back, leg or even worse."

I take it the Mrs wont let you have a bike either then :D

Sod this, I was seriously considering getting into this sport. It seems

That it's just as dangerous as having a motorbike, I cannot risk having a broken ankle, back, leg or even worse.

Seems it's pure pot luck if your wing collapses or you get problems dur to rotor or other landing issues.

Think I will stick with my fixed wing flying, yes accidents do happen even with fixed wing aircraft, however with over 12 club aircraft where I fly there has not been an injury in over 8 years, and I am talking 500 landings and take offs a day.

If I get injured which seems likely I will be not be happy having no income as I am self employed, no work no pay.

It's a pity I really liked the idea, but after seeing so much on you tube I have been put off

Absolutely the right decision. I'm definitely with the wife on this one :lol:

Paramotoring can be extremely safe and, with equipment advances, is getting safer by the year.

However, obviously, not withstanding comprehensive training and all safety precautions having been adhered to, similar to motorcycling, if you have doubts about your safety, then the chances are you will not be able to feel relaxed and confident. Without these 2 elements, you will be permamantly tense, and therefore just an accident waiting to happen.

As your name suggests, 'select' the right sport for you so that you will feel 'security'.....yes I know, terrible.

With regard to your statement about YouTube clips and your fixed wing flying:

Can you imagine the YouTube clips if you were allowed to fly fixed wing aircraft with no training or licence :shock:

Most of the accident clips you have been viewing are the result of pilot error, both in judgement and skill. Usually as a result of non or insufficient training and/or dangerous equipment. They are not representative of our sport, more like a thorn in our side.

I've flown class A aircraft for 16 yrs with over 600hrs without incident, but I can honestly say that I have only started to really enjoy my flying since I took up paramotoring. Real flying with real people and much, much cheaper. How much for club PA28 or 172 for an hour these days with Avgas at £2 a litre, £130 or so?, that's 26 hrs of fun for me :D:D:D

All that said, If the wife says NO, then I guess it's NO :wink:

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Dan