Isle of wight trip who is up for it?????

morgy

HI

Right i want to do the crossing again.... I know seymore wants to do it again and i know luke wishes to complete it this time!!!! :lol:

So as we now have a perfect field for the crossing i think it is now time to try to see if we can get a group together to do it..

As with most of our trips it is going to be a last minute thing IE "if it's on we go" so please only people that can be around at a couple of days notice put your hands up..

It is going to have to be an early start and poss with light N/NE and the chance of a nice sea breeze so we can fly the cliff's again

We are going to have to have small groups depending on the type of machine you fly and with a poss fuel stop if you got a 2stroke. Both i an seymore made it on one tank with plenty to spare but we did have a strong tail wind on the way home "ground speed of 100kph @ 3000ft"

If you join us and you have engine trouble etc you will be left to make your own way back to the ferry "as long as your not hurt that is" and some one will collect you from the terminal at gosport. so bring enough money to get back!!!!

I think it is going to have to be in june/july some time so plenty of time to sort things out

Mark,

I will be up for it but I need to work out range etc of my new motor. But if the specs are correct with the bigger tank I have ordered I should be good for 4 hours.

I think My new unit will be approx 3 - 4 weeks, before I get it. I will keep you informed.

I dont think I fancy it on my current unit.

I am on holiday for 2 weeks from the 5th of june as well so cant make it then.

It'd be a good test for the Bulldog/Synth combination, so assuming that I'm not busy with students (as I am right now), I'd be up for it.

Let me know and I'll have to see what my teaching schedule is like.

All the best

Steve

Thursday looks good, and so does the weekend, so how about a fly-in at the Nutbourne site down by the coast this weekend + the usual BBQ or perhaps a vol-bivouac campout on the IoW. We would of course have a lot more people involved on a weekend if we tell everyone, so a car on the isle or a contact over there would be a big plus in case of stragglers. Who knows someone over there?

Have a word an OK it with the chap who looks after the land, and with Barry and see if they are into the idea. I can help set up on Saturday , but need to be home by midday Sunday to prepare for shearing the sheep on Monday. I,m still up for thursday IoW and may fly from my place . And Mark, If the wind picks up I will come down to Bracks to surf this afternoon with your kit.

OK for those of you who wanted to go but couldn't or who turned up and didn't make it here are some photos of the day!!!! :lol:

Thorney air field just under some low cloud

P1090992.jpg

looking down the channel towards the witterings

P1090997.jpg

portsmouth in the distance

P1090999.jpg

crossing point (south sea pier) :shock::shock:

P1100002.jpg

slightly above cloud :shock::oops: towards sea view

P1100007.jpg

LOOOK Seymore a photos of you!!! :lol:

P1100009.jpg

our rest stop in the distance

P1100010.jpg

our rest point

P1100011.jpg

P1100013.jpg

st caths point in very low cloud

P1100014.jpg

south coast ridge

P1100017.jpg

heading for home

P1100021.jpg

the crossing home motor on tick over under a cloud street.... 0's 1's all the way accross

P1100022.jpg

P1100023.jpg

another on of you seymore!!!!

P1100020.jpg

P1100028.jpg

P1100032.jpg

looking towards landing field

P1100031.jpg