The PPG 100 Club is here!

Hi,

I like the idea, and the site looks really slick.

As Expected I do have some questions \ Comments.

1. If you owned your own equipment once it is set up \ hang tested etc you just get the kit out and fly. Due to the many different people flying the kit will there be permenant hang test equipment available?

2. Is there any option to have the setup time outside the allocated flying time?

3. Is it possible to take insurance out on the items that are not already covered. i.e. The wing?

4. Has there bee any thought given to allowing some of the equipment to be stored in other area's. At the moment it is going to be more favourable to those people living near Membury. I understand they could still use it if you are further away but you are eating into you allocation due to traveling?

5. Have you considered shorter lengths of membership. I was thinging of the following situstions. You have just qualified and want to try out different bits of kit before buying your own.

Well done with it and I hope it all works out.

Hi,

I like the idea, and the site looks really slick.

As Expected I do have some questions \ Comments.

1. If you owned your own equipment once it is set up \ hang tested etc you just get the kit out and fly. Due to the many different people flying the kit will there be permenant hang test equipment available?

Yes, and details recorded for future use on the same kit :-)

2. Is there any option to have the setup time outside the allocated flying time?

The booking system allows 15 mins each side of any booking.

3. Is it possible to take insurance out on the items that are not already covered. i.e. The wing?

Thinking about that one. Good idea!

4. Has there bee any thought given to allowing some of the equipment to be stored in other area's. At the moment it is going to be more favourable to those people living near Membury. I understand they could still use it if you are further away but you are eating into you allocation due to traveling?

If the uptake is good we will extend our kit base for sure! Membury covers a great area and for ease is being used as the starting point. We have people on Standby in Yorkshire, Surrey, And The Black pool area.

5. Have you considered shorter lengths of membership. I was thinging of the following situstions. You

have just qualified and want to try out different bits of kit before buying your own.

The business model is there for people who A) can not afford to buy or B) can think of something else to spend the money on. Its not there for testing kit. I do understand that need exists but I believe this is down to dealers which is what they get paid for :-)

Well done with it and I hope it all works out.

THANKS!

I am buzzing about it :-) It just works..... Thanks for the questions dude.

SW :D

Hi mate! Long time no see :-)

To quote the site.... "6. Once bookings are made, your hours are reduced to reflect that booking."

This will be your call, do you book early and risk it or do you book late and risk it ? We all play this game owned kit or not the cost of turning up on a crappy day is the same either way.

My feeling is that people will book inside of a half decent weather forecast... so not to far in advance.

Just to clarify Simon..

the 200 points are only usable for the current membership year?, i.e. aren't carried over if you don't use them?

There is the £400 joining fee for every year?

Not quite so good if your not likely to do anything approaching 100 hours annually :(

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Simon

Another brilliant idea mate.

Been reading the posts above and nobody has yet mentioned low hours pilots, so my question is this, is the "PPG 100 Club" open to everyone or only to PMC trained pilots with paper proof of training undertaken? and if no paper proof exists do you check flight any pilot before he/she is allowed to join and fly?

It sounds really good and i'm sure it will be a success once you have ironed out any small problems, good luck.

Dave

Hey all,

We're working hard on the booking system at the moment to get it all up and running for March. There are a couple of things that I'd like to add to the discussion...

• If you book a motor and a wing then that is 4 points per hour
  • Just a motor or just a wing is 2 points per hour
  • At present we do only have one site (Membury) but the booking system is designed to cope with multiple sites so, as the club grows, we can add other locations very simply.
  • For logistical reasons bookings have to be made at least 24 hours in advance. We're hoping that this can be reduced to allow last minute bookings to be made if the weather suddenly turns out to be peachy but it will depend on demand and availability of staff and equipment.
  • Each booking is for 2 hours with a 30 minute buffer between bookings to allow for the kit to be checked over and serviced by club staff if necessary. If you book 2 consecutive slots then you get 4.5 hours not just 4.
  • The booking system allows you to book in two ways. You can either pick a particular combination of equipment and see what times that combination is free or you can pick a time and see what kit is free. This gives a really nice booking experience as you can pick and choose to suit you.

And finally, for now, I'll be turning on the booking system for beta-testing very soon. It is, I think, the nicest interface I've ever seen for this kind of thing. Really easy to use and very, very slick. :-)

S.

• 1 month later...

In principle seems like a fair enough idea.... should be interesting to see how it goes.

Handy for the guys who don't have a 'hangar' or maintainance skills.... and would like to keep up the hours.

Are there any requirements on pilot ability - rating requirement, etc...??

Thanks!

In the main, this club is designed for our students so we know that the required standard has been met. We are of course offering places to others, but as it suggests on the joining page call first. :-)

I will be vetting membership based on ability in the field on the day.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Indeed it did take off very well. :-)

I will soon be handing the company over to Parajet to run from there end.

Morgy, The lack of a range of motors is down to the fact that I am not a millionaire. I had over £25,000 in stock for this club to happen already in wings and motors.

Parajet will take the PPG100 club to the next level this year and make it accessible on a national scale with next day delivery on kit and so on.....