Snow at last Yippeeee

Horray!

Snow!! :-)

Your more than likely all bored of it by now but this is our first real snow. Just need it to stop now so I can go for a fly and get some awesome pictures.

SW :D

I know you have been looking forward to this since before Christmas - Enjoy!!! :D:D:D

Just had a quick thought (happens occasionally! :) ). The weather forecast and sky looked flyable but there was still the occasional, unexpected snow shower so I reluctantly decided not to fly. Flying in rain/showers has been discussed on here a fair bit, but I was trying to imagine being caught out by a snow shower.

I know that our wings work on positive internal pressure which might keep some snow out, but inevitably some will get into or on top of the wing and as it can't run away like rain it wouldn't take long to build up. This would get heavy, creating a less than healthy situation.

After some thought I decided that if I ever got caught out by a snow shower I would look for a safe place to land (big enough to take off again from if the snow stopped) and get my feet safely on the ground.

Any thoughts?

Ian.

After some thought I decided that if I ever got caught out by a snow shower I would look for a safe place to land (big enough to take off again from if the snow stopped) and get my feet safely on the ground.

Ian.

The only option I would think. I haven't flown when it's been snowing, as it is now over here, and wouldn't while it's still coming down or likely.

Cheers,

Alan

This is what we got up to. Amazing how much fun you can have with a bit of snow, a wooden pallet and a 4.0 litre jeep!

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Looks like you had fun Ian. How much snow is there up at Bicknor and is it drifting yet? See that they are forecasting some wind for us and I know how it can hit you up there. I have been stranded up at Hazelstreet a few times in the past.

Kind regards

Fred

We have about 9" of snow with a bit of drifting. Nothing that my old series 3 landrover can't handle!

Been out working in it, although couldn't really use the van even if I wanted to after some dozy cow slammed into the back of me in yesterday evenings blizzard.

Took nearly 4 hours to get from Sheerness to Detling (about 17 miles) last night due to jack-knifed lorries and wheel spinning rear wheel drive cars blocking the road!

Take care,

Ian.

We have about 9" of snow with a bit of drifting. Nothing that my old series 3 landrover can't handle!

Been out working in it, although couldn't really use the van even if I wanted to after some dozy cow slammed into the back of me in yesterday evenings blizzard.

Took nearly 4 hours to get from Sheerness to Detling (about 17 miles) last night due to jack-knifed lorries and wheel spinning rear wheel drive cars blocking the road!

Take care,

Ian.

I got caught up in the queues around Bluebell hill yesterday evening. Not fun at all! If we get wind and snow at the weekend and it is managable, I may take a drive over your way and see if I can get some pictures of the drifts in the lanes. Got some real good ones back in the snows of 87. During the bad one in the 90's, spent two nights with my kids skating around the old duck house on Bredgar pond.

Fred