Paramotor Club 2008 Stats

In 2008,

The Paramotor Club had 711 new members. (1.9 new members a day)

It's visitor stats have quadrupled (and a little bit more)

We remain the fastest growing paramotor related website that I can find stats for. (which we were in 2007 as well)

I for one, am proud to be a member of it.

2009 here we are, let's make it as good as last year!

SW :D

Hi Simon,

Great statistics, I am proud to be a member also. I feel a little detached because of the physical separation but the cameraderie of the members more than makes up for it.

It is great to feel the connection with the trepidation for the newbies, of exhilaration for experienced pilots and of the sheer enjoyment that paramotoring brings everyone.

When I first started training I always felt a little nervous but I thought to myself if others can do this why not me? Now I have done 38 flights I have the confidence to enjoy every moment of the flying experience.

It is brilliant to be part of a relatively small band of intrepid aviators when a lot of people think you're mad or foolhardy. If only the exitement and enjoyment could be adequately described with mere words then maybe more would take up the sport. Unfortunately there will always be those who see the whole exercise as too dangerous for them to contemplate.

It is true that fellow aviators share that special bond and kinship. Well done Simon for training another 40 last year, keep it up.

Safe flying,

Alan

The reason I keep coming back to this forum is because of it's positive vibe, I got fed up with the other well known ppg forum because of all the negative stuff going on there. Isn't this meant to be fun?

Happy new year to all here and I hope to meet up with you sometime in 2009.

Joe :)

I only started getting interested in paramotors this year, I did the usual searching the web for info and came across this site amongst others, I have to say that I found the members on here to be very helpfull and supportive and this site has certainly eased my passage into the air, I think it is a credit to its creator and its members and long may it continue.

all the best fellas and lets hope the future brings more fun and progression for all those involved.

"we happy few,

We band of brothers"

Dave.

You eased your passage yourself mate..... !!

Great site though and as norman said its good to have healthy debate and see what other peoples opinions are! This site helped me a tremendous amount and has put me in touch with many people happy to share there experience

The reason I keep coming back to this forum is because of it's positive vibe, I got fed up with the other well known ppg forum because of all the negative stuff going on there. Isn't this meant to be fun?

Happy new year to all here and I hope to meet up with you sometime in 2009.

Joe :)

Same here - yesterday alone there were over 40 message posts just slagging off Simon, the T2T flight and now this forum......:roll: :roll:

a website that is very comfy for guys with no knowledge or understanding to join and feel part of a warm community. What they fail to understand is the lack of experience that the entire group contains. In some ways it is almost like one of those American cults in the deep south!

Me - well I just like to fly and enjoy talking about it, no time at all for politics. I love the other forum for tech talk and flying blogs/photos but not for post after post of personal slagging, I love this forum for keeping in touch with all the guys at the field, flying, fly-ins and being able to use one place for gathering/posting information and all of this with a positive vibe.

Dan wrote

Me - well I just like to fly and enjoy talking about it, no time at all for politics.......... , I love this forum for keeping in touch with all the guys at the field, flying, fly-ins and being able to use one place for gathering/posting information and all of this with a positive vibe.

I couldn't agree more Dan, anyway how can PilotsPPGclubUK say no experience when, for example, we have Gordon Dunn on the forum?

FFF (Fly for fun)

Alan

here here, well said. I just lurk on the other as l can't be bothered with all the politics either. This sport is a fun thing, wer're not flying leer jets for gain or anything like that. Also as Richard said about the DVD, 200 hours of footage was taken, reduced to an hour and a quarter. If all went well the interest wouldn't be there. As someone said in the past, bad news is good news in the end, as look at the flock of interest raised, which is all good for the charity.

Just to add that in the other190 odd hours there was some good footage both from in the air and on the ground but the producers couldn't produce a DVD for longer than 75mins, shame really but hats off to them also as they were always there in the thick of it filming away.

Mike.

:wink:

There are quite a few people who have very legitimate concerns about how the activities of the Paramotorclub could have a significant effect on non-Paramotorclub members around the country. It is being discussed on the Yahoo forum as it is free from censorship. Contrary to what is advised above, please come and join in the discussion.

There are quite a few people who have very legitimate concerns about how the activities of the Paramotorclub could have a significant effect on non-Paramotorclub members around the country. It is being discussed on the Yahoo forum as it is free from censorship. Contrary to what is advised above, please come and join in the discussion.

If that's what you call a discussion I will eat every ones hat. :evil:

Pete b

Just been on the forum as recommended to see what all the fuss is about.

All I can think is that there must be a large saucer of milk hidden somewhere to attract that much cat fighting.

Meeeeooooww!

Have no real desire to be drawn into all of that.

Much more friendly, accessable and informative here - Thanks.

Best regards,

Ian.

If that's what you call a discussion I will eat every ones hat. :evil:

Pete b

You're quite right Pete, it's not much of a discussion, it's some very angry people annoyed with the effects of the PMC's actions on the publics view of the sport.

Its a shame that some people choose to think that way.

Our public perception is great at the moment thanks! as you will soon see. It is very clear to all of the members here that the few people that are complaining on the other forum are all people that I have fallen out with in the past (or mates of). How odd that is?

We are doing are thing, if you or / they dont like it, then do your thing.

This is the end of this thread.

Now stay happy or leave.

SW :D