Paramania Fusion.

paramotormike

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do come and fly it.

I do intend to review it s honestly and openly as I can, I have also sold a few so hope to get some independant reviews.

( I hope its half as good as they say it is :D :D :D :D :D )

Anyone who fits a 23 is more than welcome to fly it.

I flew a 29 Synth

and now a 26 Revo

And fit the 23 Fusion nicely.

You have got me all excited about it again now !!!

SW :D

• 2 weeks later...

All,

I am all excited to hace just tracked the Paramania Fusions to the local depot in Swindon.

That must mean that I will get them today...

To flipping windy at the mo...

Maybe later this afternoon, or a sunsetter...

Yipppeeeeee

All,

I have now spent about 2 hours in total ground handling the Fusion. (It's been too gusty to fly)

Lots of new things to think about....

GOOD.

Lines are set up in a new way, (holds the wings surface VERY flat or more 'smooth' )

It's 90%+ open Leading edge. (Inflates VERY quickly!!) and is held open by...

Flexon Battons which reduce weight on the leading edge makeing the wing very light and easy to to inflate.

New trimmer design, is very easy to see and use.

BAD

Tip kit is supplied but not fitted.

The weather has been to poo to fly BUT, Its looking good for tomorrow!

I am interested to know what it is like to free-fly and if it really is suitable as a dual purpose wing.

I have yet to find a reflex wing that performs OK as a free flying wing as well. The Action GT almost does but I found it lacking in glide angle, not quite matching the latest DHV 1\2s when gliding side by side, but it had the stability of a 2\3, felt like it just needed a bit more tuning. I am hoping they have got it right on the Fusion, if they have I will buy one.

Paul D

All,

This morning I got up early and raced up to the flag pole with the Paramania Fusion.

The conditions were 6-8 mph 'fairly' smooth.

I have now ground handled with the Fusion for a good amount of time and have said before, it comes up over your head so easly sompared to any other wing I have flewn, you have to be carefull that you dont pull it past you. (this is to do with the very light leading edge design)

I took off on slow trim after about 2 steps and climbed at a vast rate, (and this is the bit where I wish you had waited before posting the above... lol) It feel just like a modern 1/2 gparaglider on slow trim!

I would say that if anyone wants to give it a go on the hill, just get up to base, turn it off and Paraglide / thermal away until your content.

I let the trimmers out, as I was not on a hill and wanted to get into wind at good speed.

The flight was fast and responsive, if you ask the Fusion to do something, it will do it that very instant, very smoothly and under good control. It exits spirals / tight turns with ease, keeping good shape when unloaded.

Landing is so slow, you can forget the need to round out, or bleed off loads of speed like every other reflex wing, including the Revo, Synth, Reaction,... just pull the trimmers fully in and your back into Paraglider mode, landing slower than most DHV 1/2 paraglider wings currently on the marlket.

Even Colin landed perfectly on his very first flight! :wink:

It is an awesome wing that I know I will enjoy every second of. Anyone who wants to get a fly should call me.

We took some pics I will upload them later if I get the time.

Happy as a pig in poo!

Thanks - it sounds really nice and I sort of get a feel of what it is like from your comments. Any chance of some numeric comparisons to add some depth?

Also, this will be harder for any salesman ;-) what is not so great? e.g. What feature makes MCJ/Pascal position this as not for the beginner?

Cheers

Paul

****NO THIS WING IS NOT FOR A NEW PILOT****

All,

Today I had a nil wind take off and landing on the Fusion.

I pulled the trimmers in as far as they go pointed down a ever so slight slope, and went for it...

After 4 strides I was in the air.

The landing, was nice and slow. Ran off 2 paces.... but mainly because I flared a little late.

I love the wing!! It turns like its in the film TRON, and lands like a DHV 1/2

(I would love for someone to fly it at the hill!! Our local is Combe Gibbet, so any tree huggers out there who fancy the first UK hill flight on a Fusion... give me a shout.)

Anyone who wants a go, call me...

Anyone who wants one, call me LOLOL

All,

I have now clocked a few hours take offs and landings on the Fusion, I am not the best reviewer in the world because a) my spelling is poo, b) I sell the wing I am reviewing, and c) I am not a reviewer of stuff :lol: so... If you have any specific questions, ask away and I will try to answer them.

I have had a number of flights on the Fusion now in a number of conditions from top end reverse launches, to nil wind forward launches.

I have done a shed load of um.... 'tight turns' and a load of little wing overs, loads of thermalling, chased a few birds, and I just can't think of anything else to say other than it's awesome!

I have fluffed up one forward launch due to being in a rush to get in the air the rest have been fine and very easy.

When flying it, if your thinking long XC trimmers out full chat, it used a little LESS petrol than the Revo. (no numbers yet, but the comment is based on it being a route that I have done at least 50 times with the Revo and Compact combo.)

Tip steering is ace, again... much more responsive to input than the Revo, Synth, Reaction without doubt (very sharp)

I have not used the speed bar yet so can not comment.

With Trimmers in..... if your thinking or hedge hopping, and spirals and such....

To try and put it into some sort of perspective.... this is how I see it comparing to the Revo on Slow trim. I can also compare to the other wings on the market but I just feel I should say, it's in a different class! It's a new wing and it shows in every way it could.

It is much slower that the Revo on slow trim.

It turns a lot faster than the Revo, with less input, and brake pressure.

It thermals very well (much) better / flatter / tighter than the Revo, (hill flying report soon from independent PG pilot.) I hooked into two mellow thermals yesterday and took a lift to a little short of cloud on tick over.

It is a shame that it is so sharp on the inputs in one way because it puts it outside of the reach of year 1 / -40 hour pilots, but it is a wing that I feel anyone who has the required airtime will love to bits! Like going from a 125cc to a Real Motorbike when your allowed :lol:

I am happy to let people test fly the wing, I have the 23 which the range is, 60-120 KG. (ALL UP) even just the ground handling will make you smile like this :arrow::D

Guess where I am going again now.......... :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

All,

I have 4 people popping over for a test fly of the Fusion over the weekend so if you can, (max all up 120 as its a 23) and + 40 hours. Please do feel free to have a fly of this awesome bit of kit.

please call first so I know your coming.

• 5 weeks later...

Here is an interesting fact about the Fusion, which I have just confirmed before posting this message....

"The proof is in the pudding ;-) when the Fusion was flow along with Yuneec's E-PAC prolonging this electic paramotor's battery time from the normal 30 minutes to 45 minutes.... showing just how efficient the Fusion really is!!"

I find that quite amazing.

Good point! :lol:

I guess I trust the word of Gilo and others that I mingle with.

Proof may not be the best word, but hey....

Good point non the less.

I am sure there will be a vid or something soon enough.

I have stood back a bit from this forum and others recently as I am now acting in a consultancy role with the manufacturer of the E-PAC. We are now trying to finalise the nitty gritty of the design before production gets under way. The design of both the motor and the wing were excellent, however, both were still capable of improvements to meet the needs of the end user rather than what the designer necessarily thinks we should have.

One of the things that really needs to be emphasised though is that the wing in question on this thread is NOT the Fusion. This is very important as the wing that has been developed for the E-PAC is designed to be a beginners reflex wing rather than the internediates-only Fusion which was described earlier in this thread as being quote - 'THIS WING IS NOT FOR A NEW PILOT' . Of course the E-PAC can be bought separately and flown with any wing (it works beautifully with the Ozone Roadster for example) however the manufacturer also wants to be able to sell a complete package for those starting from scratch who don't know what wing to buy. This is why it is important to understand it is a starter wing that will keep up with the masses in a group. There are elements of the Fusion in there (such as the cell openings) but that is all I can say for now. It will have a new name which is 90% agreed on at this time. I have flown it in horrendous conditions and it handled very well. In my opinion the best part of the package is the motor which is a dream. I have just returned from China yesterday and was due to bring some redesigned parts back however they weren't quite ready for my departure so they will be shipped back over the next few days and should be available for viewing at the SPLASH show. If all goes to plan it should also be at the Paratoys Salton Sea meet in California in late January where I hope to be demonstrating it on at least a couple of the days subject to my work roster.

album_pic.php?pic_id=655

album_pic.php?pic_id=656

Hopefully if I have done it correctly there should be pictures above of me taking off from a dual carriageway just outside Shanghai with the new 18 cell E-PAC and the new wing in its new 30 square meter size for fatties like me. The smaller wing is 27 square meters (flat not projected). Yes I know I'm not wearing any safety gear while taking off from tarmac but health and safety has not made it to China yet!

Nice one. :D

Twas I that produced the mould for the main body section's carbon fibre :D

Wonder how many other people have had a hand in the design? (I think that the more there are, it can only be better)

We have a couple of Epacs at Parajet for test flights, I can't wait to get my unit. We are taking one to the desert I am told so I will get a shed load of flying done on it then I recon.

Dont change it too much mate, Ite Fking ace already.

I had to put the Paragliding forum correct about the Fusion / Epac thing...

I wonder how that started? as it has never been the case that the Fusion was intended for the Epac....

The Epac wing is closer to a hill wing with reflex, than a paramotor wing.

The Epac UK and US marketing is focusing on PG pilots as it stands at the moment.

Here is an interesting fact about the Fusion, which I have just confirmed before posting this message....

"The proof is in the pudding ;-) when the Fusion was flow along with Yuneec's E-PAC prolonging this electic paramotor's battery time from the normal 30 minutes to 45 minutes.... showing just how efficient the Fusion really is!!"

I find that quite amazing.

Hello All

My name is Clive Coote and I am the MD of Yuneec International.

To date I have stayed off the forums but I have been noticing some of the threads and replies re E-PAC and think I need to clarify some points.

First, E-PAC is a product in its own right and can be flown with any suitable wing the user wishes.

Yuneec believes that electric paramotor’s will bring many new people into this excellent sport but when entering for the first time, with so many different wings and viewpoints as to what wing is suitable, actually deciding which wing to purchase is not as straight forward as it first seems. We therefore decided that Yuneec needed to able to offer a complete package (E-PAC and Wing) to take the pain out of this dilemma and not wishing to favour or recommend any one manufacturer, we want to work with everyone in the industry, the decision was made to have a new wing specifically designed for the E-PAC. This way a beginner had an option which did not require any research and that they knew would work with E-PAC.

Of course should the newcomer be learning at a school it is common sense for the school to recommend whatever wing, a manufacturer they favour or feel is suitable for that newcomer.

The E-PAC will therefore be sold as a standalone unit or as a package with a Yuneec wing. The choice is the customers. The Yuneec wing will not be sold as a separate wing on its own, only as a package with the E-PAC.

The Yuneec Electra Wing, which has been designed by Mike Campbell-Jones of MCJ Projects, is a reflex wing and will currently come in 2 sizes 27 and 30sq Mtr. It is aimed at the newcomer to flying. More detailed information and the specification will be available on the web site later. I do not wish to enter into detailed info or discussions about wings on the forum, Yuneec produces electric paramotor’s!!!

Re: The St. Hilaire timed flight.

E-PAC was flown many, many times during the St. Hilaire festival proving that electric is a reality. Whilst at the festival, we were informed that a time trial would take place. We had not known about this before arriving at St. Hilaire and had had no time to prepare or test. So on the day we took one of the two demo E-PAC's and added additional cells taking the battery capacity from 30A up to 60A. So this was not the basic E-PAC configuration. For info the production unity will be able to accept an additional (optional) 30A pack giving a 60A total.

As the Yuneec Electra wing was not at the flying site and the film team needed to start shooting, it was decided to use the Fusion. So whilst the E-PAC/Fusion combination did in fact fly 46 minutes, it was with additional battery capacity.

SPLASH

The Yuneec International stand at SPLASH is No. 57 and we look forward being able to show everyone interested in electric flight the latest version of E-PAC which will be shipped to us this week.

Best Regards

Clive

LOL,

What's great is that we now have solid information from both the MD of the company producing the Epac, and the guy who designed it. And the person who made the master for the moulds!

There is an Epac thread for Epac chat.

• 2 weeks later...