Paramania Fusion.

paramotormike

just curious simon i seen the video of the wing coming up in nill wind in doors, and i thought any wing will come up like that if the right pressure is applied and forward momentum is right? i ask this cos i use a actin 29 and i only fly in nill wind really and it comes up all time i wont say easy but it comes up, it seems a few people struggling gettin wings up in nill wind?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yes, any wing with the correct pressure applied will do the same indeed.

The Fusion requires little to no technique though. (just peg it)

Its just easyer than the others.

Try it for yourself :D

SW :D

• 1 month later...

Finally got my Vino out in the cold, but was stuck with forwards as the forecast came up with nil winds. Ok, 5kph gusts...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iv3WrDn1rNg&fmt=22

Not embedding because the small version is mangled by youtube - view in HD for any clarity as my camera guy decided to use the zoom and not the monopod to stabilize the video. He wasn't near as warm as I was either and it shows. Glad to get it out of the bag though finally as it warmed up to -8C.

Inflates and centers itself, you just have to get it moving.

More in the video description.

Looking forward to some windy ground handling.

Anyone seen a hint of a manual?

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody in north wales got a fusion for a test flight please.... :shock: all my mates are on revolutions and are leaving me for dead when we go anywhere......I have got a nice manoverable wing a Skywalk Scotch,,,,but its very slow...and from what ive been told the fusion has the manoverability and the speed.....it sounds like its the wing to have but without a flight on one the money stays in my pocket !!...

in the unlikley case of a messed up launch (it has happened once).....! :lol: I will obviously pay for any damage.

apparently they are not for new or fairly new fliers but it seems they have all the ticks for someone with low hours easy launch slow landing fast if needed, the only thing it is sensitive on brake imput, so i will be gettin one only a few hours under me but that isnt gonna put me off gettin one, just be gentle on the brakes all the rest is positive

apparently they are not for new or fairly new fliers but it seems they have all the ticks for someone with low hours easy launch slow landing fast if needed, the only thing it is sensitive on brake imput, so i will be gettin one only a few hours under me but that isnt gonna put me off gettin one, just be gentle on the brakes all the rest is positive

And if you accidentally put to much brake input and stall it or spin it will you have the experience to correct it :?::?: NO so don't get one until you have the experience.

Experience from today you fit a new harness,

you take off and start to turn hard right and down,

you pull left brake to straighten up back in to wind to land but you are still turning right,

but cannot pull more left brake because the left side is at the stall point

First reaction?

How do you know the left side of the wing is nearing the stall point?

what next?

Did you land safely on your feet?

I did

Pete b

learner_driver"]Hand off the brake on the stalling side, better still hand of both brakes

Too much of a turn to do that I would have hit the ground fast and hard from about 20 foot and not walked away

weightshift to steer out of danger

Helped a lot

you can tell it stalling due to the pressure change ?

In relation to what?

good to see u on the hill (tall) Simon

Always nice to see you too

Pete b

you can tell it stalling due to the pressure change ?

Less so with an intermediate wing.

One way a wing is less a beginner wing and more for an intermediate pilot is that of feel at stall point.

1-2 wings are more likely to let you go further before they 'Let go" increasing brake pressure to that point as safety feedback to warn a pilot.

An EN C wing like the fusion will be more progressive in feedback, but not necessarily higher input pressures, leaving the stall point more to the pilot to know where it is and how far they can take it. Passive safety removed for the sake of fluid performance as I understand it.

generalization you shouldn't live by>

This 1-2 behavior jives with my experience with half a dozen wings where effort was high to brake past stall (always on the ground although

- see landing @ end - could well have been partially wind shadow/rotor from ridge as this was first or second landing at this site). The Fusion I've not had out in sufficient wind to say with conviction this is how it behaves, but every video I've seen and the forwards I've done offer no stall hard point as expected from beginner wing. Watch for the tips folding progressively into the classic stall horseshoe. The effect is the same, but the brake pressure does not ramp up like a beginner wing leaving a beginner going too far without the pressure they'd expect.

Me @ 30 sec mark

Simon's flare @ 1 min mark

Eric @ 5 min, 5:39 - so smooth it's near hidden tho

hello pete i guess the question is how does one gain experience on such a wing without having one? i think to gain experience of hadling wings one need to be paragliding and bringin wings to the stall point, because for me it never happens with the paramotor , very gentle with everythin i am .

apart from the input is sensative it does seem a very good wing

hello pete i guess the question is how does one gain experience on such a wing without having one? i think to gain experience of hadling wings one need to be paragliding and bringin wings to the stall point, because for me it never happens with the paramotor , very gentle with everythin i am .

apart from the input is sensative it does seem a very good wing

It is a brilliant wing as far as I'm concerned.

The point I am trying to make is you need to have a feel for a lot of different inputs and feed back which you can only get from experience

Yes you could get one and fly it I would not recommended this and would advise against it, the same as i would not learn you to ride 50cc scooter and then sell you a 1000cc motorbike.

You may be ok but if anything did happen how do you think I would feel? and I would feel even worse when you tried to sue my for damages because I sold you a bike/wing that you did not have the experience to ride/fly

there will always be things we want now but have to wait for :D:D

Pete b

Scooter to 350bhp motorcycle analogies notwithstanding, the experience gained to be ready for a more dynamic wing is airtime.

The more time in the air (and groundhandling) the more automatic becomes surge damping, roll control and countering inputs in general.

The same applies to someone who has flown the hot rags and sat out of flying for years. Best to start slow and build up skills again (currency).

Anyone could probably find a dealer and order a fusion, fly it with tentative paranoia and never have a problem but not use the wing as it could be used. Most dealers with an interest in pilot safety though will police the purchasing pilot's skill, airtime, experience in the interest of safety and repeat sales (by virtue of not killing off their patrons with a loaded gun, er, wing). Expecting a fusion to automatically right itself when a pilot spins it and throws their hands up as a 1-2 wing might do is not prudent. Not saying it won't (awaiting test results/manual...) just that expecting the same passive safety as a school wing is looking for trouble. Brake input pressures is just one part of this. From what I've seen the fusion has very dynamic and responsive roll, which can induce over correction / over reaction in an inexperienced pilot. Combine that with light brake pressures and a wing over can quickly become a recipe for spin, surge, cravatte, skidmark...

A pilot could technically start on a fusion and with coaching/training grow into it very quickly, but that replaces pilot in control airtime with someone Else's experience and knowledge. The point of the recommended airtime is that the responses required to manage a dynamic wing are already natural when they are needed and the pilot has already tasted the outside of their safe wing's flight envelope. Y'know left that funny adrenalin taste... yum.

well put pete as it is am in no rush to get a wing it barely sees daylight with the poor weather so silly buyin a wing to fly once in a while which is what i do so il keep with what i have for a year or two

well put pete as it is am in no rush to get a wing it barely sees daylight with the poor weather so silly buyin a wing to fly once in a while which is what i do so il keep with what i have for a year or two

Glad to hear that. enjoy your self safely :D:D

Pete b

Pete b

That was DD putting the fusion into a range of complex and technically challenging test configurations yesterday. He is a highly paid test kiter. His findings were that the wing behaved impeccably during the drag phase and recovered well from asymmetrics especially when compromised by hay bails, plough marks or other agricultural phenomena. :shock:

Pete b

That was DD putting the fusion into a range of complex and technically challenging test configurations yesterday. He is a highly paid test kiter. His findings were that the wing behaved impeccably during the drag phase and recovered well from asymmetrics especially when compromised by hay bails, plough marks or other agricultural phenomena. :shock:

:lol::lol::lol::roll::wink:

Pete b

Its the laughing that gets me.

laughing indeed, quite contagious that. Thanks for sharing that one.

Grass stains well earned.

Only bit I couldn't watch was the LE drag, however short it was.

Looked gusty, but guessing slow trim settings by all the frontal action.

Hope it was just stains and ego.