Paramania Fusion.

paramotormike

Has anyone seen a manual for the fusion, or heard when one will become available?

Strikes me odd that there is so much delay getting one out.

I thought maybe they were waiting for certification, but that has come and gone.

I posted something about it on Pascal's new video post:

And he removed my comment...

I'm rather miffed that I dropped the coin on a wing I could well do something incredibly stupid on simply because I remain a test pilot like the rest without some outline of what it can and cannot or should not do. Ignorant is one thing, but I don't wish to be and am trying not to be. Trimmers with pictures are lovely, but not a replacement for the detail one expects in a wing's manual, especially one continually praised and touted as this. I'm not saying I won't fly it, but isn't anyone else curious *if* they can use big ears and when? B-lining make you fall out of the sky? There are times and places where either may be needed especially as a dual purpose wing.

I've nagged directly (politely) twice, and now a (polite) video comment gets pulled...

WTF? I'd expect this from a copied wing dealer, not the original reflex proponent.

sigh.

Pascal, Mike, if your reading this, I love the wing already and understand you managing your own PR with a pulled comment that sheds light where you may not wish it, but guys I know I'm not the only one asking for it. Drop us a hint will you? When's it due?

/rant

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this wing has no manual then i would not have bought it, it seems they are using you as test pilots maybe after so much feedback they will make a manual.

its a poor carry on to spend 2k on something without a sheets of paper in a book disgusting and it ought to be against the law

ive no idea but acordin to what i read on here they dont come with a manual? i may have read it wrong tho but it looks that way lookin at last post

http://www.flyparamania.com/index.php?o ... 19〈=en

Thanks for making these public. We know you don't need to, but this tells me the things I have been wondering about until the shiny manual is ready.

Hooray for ears. B-lining - lets hope it's never needed, there are more fun ways to get down provided there's room.

I didn't buy a fusion for it's manual after all, and it wasn't an item in the decision process. I just didn't wish to make a stupid decision in the absence of info I knew existed and the action GT manual (however amazingly complete) has got to be different as it's a simply different wing. How much so is yet to be seen.

There is many a wing out there that will never have a manual. People will still buy them because they believe in something.

1) Saving a few bucks

2) The schmoozing they were just given

3) the future

For me, it's curtain # 3 please Monty.

I may be shopping for a helmet shield soon as I expect better then 60kph for my all up weight based on the second video on the page.

I also look forward to flying ridge with hang gliders when most of the rags go back in the bag.

Wide envelopes aren't just for paramotor magazines.

What sort of wind range would you expect to have with the fusion on the hill??? Would you use the trimmers to extend the range??? What happens when the reflex comes in how does it change the flying of the wing on the hill???

Sorry if these sound easy "silly" questions but i have been thinking about them for a little while now... I am selling my pg wing to make way for my ppg wing (fusion) whitch i will hopefully use to fly on the hill... :lol:

Morgy,

I am very new to PPG and the Fusion, but I have done a few flights and will attempt to articulate the wing as a novice like me has been learning.

When the trimmers are set to slow (take off) the wing is very stable, yesterday I was in Brighton flying and conducted some ground handling with a standard harness. The wing comes up very easy and straight and will just sit above your head with no overshoot, I set the trimmers on and tried the same and immediately the wing over ran me and collapsed.I think I would go as far as to say the wing is easier to ground handle than the Karma

When taking off you can just take a few paces gun the engine and off you go, flying reminds me of my apco karma and I personally cannot feel any difference, yesterday I ran a gps and was seeing 20mph with trimmers on. I was finding it really bouncy though and not very comfortable. Moving trimmers to fast it did smooth out and I seen my speed peak at 42 mph, no speed bar. (20 mins up and I am sitting on top of inversion @ 3450ft) but I do notice how hard the brakes become and you can very quickly tire of trying to turn.

I have installed the tip steering kit but as it was quite turbulent yesterday I did not dare to try them. Im hoping that makes it far easier.

I cannot really fault the wing, and if I thought I could get a decent price for my Karma I would sell and use the Fusion for free flying also.

Today I did a little demo with the Fusion.

(and as a side note to this conversation)...............

With the Fusion, you can hold the riser set by the base, (the very bottom where it attaches to the Motor) and move into wind and the wing will pop up over your head.

In a nutshell, you dont need any 'A's at all to get it over your head.

It is an amazing wing, to ground handle, and fly. I am not going to say its better than a Blah Blah I just dont care to much about that stuff. But IT is awesome, simply the best reflex wing I have ever flewn.

Quite a few people in France are using them to free fly on the hill with and early feedback is as good as it can be.

As always.... don't take my word for it, fly it and write your own review.

Still having loads of fun in France.

SW :D

the fusion will soar nearly as good as a normal paraglider wing but when it gets too windy for them you can let the trimmers out and stay up and soar in the higher wind so it is better than a paraglider in the 10 mph + winds.

When you have the trimmers out just use the tip sterring and it will better and safer than using the brakes

Pete b

Thanks pete

I have flown the fusion and like it alot thats why i am going to buy one as soon as i hear about the bailey v3!!!! but just wantted to know what it would handle like with the trimmers out when the wind gets on up on a hill and how it would affect the way it flys. I have around 60 hours pg now but have never flown a reflex wing in a hill soaring situation so was asking those who have to discribe the things to do and not to do..... :lol:

If you let the trimmers out.. do you have to use the tip stear??? will it react as well using the bakes in normal flying....IE wing overs!! and small spirals!! how much reflex can you put into the wing without spoiling the turning.

Thanks for all your input :lol:

Thanks pete

I have flown the fusion and like it a lot that's why i am going to buy one as soon as i hear about the bailey v3!!!! but just wanted to know what it would handle like with the trimmers out when the wind gets on up on a hill and how it would affect the way it flies. I have around 60 hours pg now but have never flown a reflex wing in a hill soaring situation so was asking those who have to describe the things to do and not to do..... :lol:

If you let the trimmers out.. do you have to use the tip stearing??? will it react as well using the bakes in normal flying....IE wing overs!! and small spirals!! how much reflex can you put into the wing without spoiling the turning.

Thanks for all your input :lol:

If you let the trimmers out in to reflex (past the neutral mark) then use the tip steering,it is sill agile using these but you will get slightly slower flatter turn.

Full slow to Neutral using the brakes you can turn very quick and it will do what you want it to do but be careful that you do not over do it!!!.

I fly mine on neutral from take off to carving tight turns with the brakes and only let them out more to go xc or pull them in the thermal or ridge soar.

Don'T wait just get one now its so much fun and rock solid in bumpy air.

Pete b

I have the use of a private owned hill site along the ridgeway Nr Lambourn (Swindon). ( I have never used it though ) I have seen others using it and soaring nicely and quite fancy doing a bit of hill flying again as its been a while, we can go up together.

I have the use of a private owned hill site along the ridgeway Nr Lambourn (Swindon). ( I have never used it though ) I have seen others using it and soaring nicely and quite fancy doing a bit of hill flying again as its been a while, we can go up together.

Ay dont forgeet me.

Pete b

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am 76kg + Motor @ 30kg = 106kg and I fly the 23.

It slows down LOADS when you pull in the trimmers for take off and landing (as slow as many current DHV 1 hill wings)

The 23 is a little more sensitive to input than the 26 of course. But then, 'assuming that you have the experience to buy one' that's what we buy the Fusion isn't it?

In the interests of safety and pointing out the obvious, dont forget NOT to use the speed bar in slow trim on the Fusion.

Most PG pilots will use the speed bar automatically when the wind picks up on a hill and need to penetrate off the hill.

Only use the trims until at the point the risers say it is OK to use speed bar.

Cheers

Fly Speed bar safe!

Mikey