Weymouth 11/12/13 July

bathboy

How do you get an invite and where is the information about location, timing etc?

Give Ben a buzz on 0 seven 9 zero 6 five 7 seven 0 five 1. He organises it every year.

Has anyone been able to contact Ben and confirm that it is going ahead?

I have been trying to phone him but his phone seems to be dead.

Paul D

I heard from him yesterday. It is on. I got tired up at work, so going down Saturday with loads of beer and food. Weather looks OK to get a flight sometime over the weekend.

Cheers Paul

Call me if you need directions or encouragement!

0seven7one0 7two4 3two2

The fly in at Weymouth turned out brilliant as l left Farnborough in pouring rain and got to The Fly in late afternoon. About 20 pilots were there and the first to take off was Sean Staines followed shortly afterwards by everybody else. The wind was perfect for a reverse launch and when everyone had landed we all got round the bonfire come BBQ for some good ol' flying chatter and liquid was running well.

Sunday morning was a perfect day and nil wind. A handlful of pilots set off for Swanage and back Myself and Paul Sayers headed of to do a coastal run and back. The Revo performed well and the power launch perfected (cheers Dave).

Many thanks for Ben for organising the event and such a picturesk venue.

Mike

P.S. 2 weeks to go. :shock::lol::shock::lol:

The fly in at Weymouth turned out brilliant...

Sunday morning was a perfect day and nil wind. A handlful of pilots set off for Swanage and back ...

Many thanks for Ben for organising the event and such a picturesk venue.

Mike

I was in that handful! At 54 miles this was my longest out and return flight - and along such a stunning coastline - it will take something very special to better it.

Ben on his RAD was a more economical and outlasted my bigger tank Parajet - so after a mirror check - I had to leave him at Swanage as he went on towards Studland :-(

I hadn't appreciated all the places we went on holidays as a kids - Lulworth, Corfe, Studland and Whareham - were so close.

Thanks Ben and all those that made it such a memorable flight and weekend.

Cheers

Paul

I had a very interesting e-mail 'complaint' about this event today. Regarding, low flying over built up areas 50 ft?, and flying over sensitive rare bird breeding areas, thus very un-happy locals sending the Paramotor Club an e-mail in the hope the message will get across to the pilots.

I have asked them for full details on what the possible problem/s are and have agreed to post a 'nice' message here on their behalf.

Waiting for that e-mail to arrive.

SW :D

Here is a list of the things that the locals are not happy about and I have had e-mails about. (as a means of getting the message out)

This is a positive thing becasue it means that the flyin will still be around next year so we can all go!

People will make complaints about us in the air, we have to be seen to be acting in a positive way to prevent them from happening again. The last thing PPG pilots need is the local councils preventing flyins due to noise, risk to public, and so on. (and it can happen overnight!)

Paramotor Pilots overflew Hotels on Weymouth Seafront at dangerously low height. (50ft)

They also flew over a suburb called Wyke Regis again at rooftop height.

Report from the RSPB Bird Warden alleges they flew through the Tern Reserves along Chesil Beach and the "Restricted" rare bird nesting areas of Portland.

Details of the suggesated no fly zones in the area can be found on the wessex hgpg site.

I know nothing about this, I am just helping to keep your locals happy by spreading the word which is...

PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR (OR OTHER PEOPLES) LOCALS WHEN FLYING.

Here is a list of the things that the locals are not happy about and I have had e-mails about. (as a means of getting the message out)

This is a positive thing becasue it means that the flyin will still be around next year so we can all go!

People will make complaints about us in the air, we have to be seen to be acting in a positive way to prevent them from happening again. The last thing PPG pilots need is the local councils preventing flyins due to noise, risk to public, and so on. (and it can happen overnight!)

Paramotor Pilots overflew Hotels on Weymouth Seafront at dangerously low height. (50ft)

They also flew over a suburb called Wyke Regis again at rooftop height.

Report from the RSPB Bird Warden alleges they flew through the Tern Reserves along Chesil Beach and the "Restricted" rare bird nesting areas of Portland.

Details of the suggesated no fly zones in the area can be found on the wessex hgpg site.

I know nothing about this, I am just helping to keep your locals happy by spreading the word which is...

PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR (OR OTHER PEOPLES) LOCALS WHEN FLYING.

Thanks Simon.

Sadly, they all probable as I know some flew in that direction. Shame as Ben circulated local no fly areas and a copy of the airmap showing the Fleet bird area at the end of Chesil Beach.

The nesting area on Portland wasn't on the airmap, has anyone any idea how to get the extra no fly zones on the Wessex hgpg site added to the airmap?

I'll copy this all those I know.

Cheers

Paul