Step up wing - next wing

Ok, after being a paraglider pilot for 400 hours, it's taken me two years to put just over 40 hours on my REVO2 with my Zenith polini 130. Love the combination, but the wing is a medium and although I'm within the weight range for PPG (top end), it's not the easiest to forward launch and it comes in too fast for me. I take trimmers out, for slowest setting, come in fast and pull down to shoulder height at 1m off the ground, skim along bleeding off the last speed for a full final deep flare to land. But that last metre comes up very quickly and my 55 year old hips are suffering.

I think I'm just too heavy on it, better for stability and speed, but especially bad if I have to turn in late for a small landing area. During turns I drop like a stone!

I'm expecting that a larger wing will be more floaty and make a better final stall for landing slowly into wind.

If I could have the REVO3 large I might be happy, but maybe better to upgrade at the same time and get a better second wing.

I'm saving my money, doing extra overtime at work, what second wing should I be looking at. DUDEK, ITV, ? Not even looked at prices yet, but presuming my wing is worth £500 still and I will save up another £1500- £2000 in overtime. What should I be looking for?

dont go for an old wing, unless thats all u can afford.

Revo2 wing is very dated now, I had one years back & offloaded it asap...My 63 year old legs love my apco hybrid for easy forward launches & slow landings, but its not a fast wing, great for just cruising around in light wind.  I believe the dudek V king is excellent too, the light weight makes it virtually impossible to blow a launch. Where I can reverse kite I use my dudek nucleon XX

On 03/07/2020 at 17:15, Mark Pugh said:

I think I'm just too heavy on it, better for stability and speed, but especially bad if I have to turn in late for a small landing area. During turns I drop like a stone!

I'm expecting that a larger wing will be more floaty and make a better final stall for landing slowly into wind..

I'm saving my money, doing extra overtime at work, what second wing should I be looking at. DUDEK, ITV, ? Not even looked at prices yet, but presuming my wing is worth £500 still and I will save up another £1500- £2000 in overtime. What should I be looking for?

Mark easy question but loads of answers ;) as previously asked weight ?, then there is style of flying  ie :- leasure, xc,  ?, and yes i own a Paramania wing and find launching easy either forward or reverse, but more thirstier in flight than my Dudek which launches and lands 80% better (IMO), plus new design's do fly almost by themselves now and technology has even decreased overall weight so a win win situation.

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/07/2020 at 00:08, grumble56 said:

Surely some mistake ?

Meaning, I stop using trimmers, so actually pull them in tight almost to the stops!

On 05/07/2020 at 12:51, kiwi k said:

Mark easy question but loads of answers ;) as previously asked weight ?, then there is style of flying  ie :- leasure, xc,  ?, and yes i own a Paramania wing and find launching easy either forward or reverse, but more thirstier in flight than my Dudek which launches and lands 80% better (IMO), plus new design's do fly almost by themselves now and technology has even decreased overall weight so a win win situation.

I weigh about 88kg naked. Then fly with a Zenith frame and polini  Thor 130 engine plus, usually about 8litres of fuel on launch!. Maybe 120kg total!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

With a take-off weight of 120KG, I would definitely buy the DUDEK Solo in size. 24 Testing. It's the easiest paramotor wing I've flown so far. The take-off distance is also extremely short, I am traveling with an EOS150 and a take-off weight of around 125KG. From take off and landing I haven't actually found a comparable double skin wing until now. Most likely the MACPARA Colorado, but it flies just as smoothly and well, lands very easily but needs more impulses and more distance to take off.

Greetings Florian

• 1 month later...