Parajet Falco Trike

asquaddie

Guys

Just started a topic, so in the future, if someone does a search on Falco they will come to this topic and maybe get in touch with me :-)

So, I'm doing a bit of forwarding research on the Falco Trike and hoping someone has just/thinking of purchasing one and gets in touch with me.

Cheers 

Tony

I looked at it but the design was very uncomfortable for large people like me. This was easily solved by moving the hang point for the harness forward about 50 mm. I decided not to go for this trike because I like weight shift and this type of trike removes it.

Hi Tim

Had a quick look, but that is another new machine - as you know I've just brought my V3 etc

I'm just laying in bed 24 hrs a day online most of the time and my head is full of drugs  :-)  so not sure where I'm going really.

I just looking around to see what I can get with the kit I've got.

Hope the weather will be better for you next week.  Are you bringing your motor with you?

Tony

Tony,

I have Scheuermann's disease which started when I was 18.  I have 8 discs burst now and 14 that are flat and hard (immobile). As you will know, when a disc first goes it is 10/10 pain. However, after a while it subsides a little and with effort you can mind over matter the pain. That scan I had last week shows one disc "missing". The vertebrae are rubbing on each other now and sliding sideways. I can stand for about 5 mins then pain gets back to 10 and I have to sit down immediately. I was in a wheelchair until 4 years ago when had another 3 ops and 5 months in hospital. Having been so ill, that was what made me determined to get walking and learn to fly! Now I am going to keep walking and foot launching as long as I can! 

As for the drugs, they only work for a few weeks, then the dose needs doubling. I got upto 600mg morphine a day. I came off it last August and the pain was the same. the drugs were doing nothing other than make me feel like I was living under water and everything was muffled. I now use Medipen. Much better. :)

Andy

Guess I won't complain about just my two bursting out then.  Sorry to hear, but I guess you get tired of hearing all this etc....

I'm on Oxylan and Gabapentin, which is now maxed out too, so now just have to grin and bear it until my appt in Sept,  I'm the same too, can only stand or sit for about 1 minute or 2 then need to lay down until it wears off.

This is not a medical forum - so let's shut up and get on with flying.

I am hoping for an op so could be up and straight ready to go again, but maybe this is a warning and I don't want to live in a wheel chair later on in life, but I do want to get back up in the air again.   So maybe a trike/microlight is the best way to go.  In a way, it brightens the day up researching and looking at all the different options. 

Good luck and hope to see you in the air as soon as possible :-)

Tony

• Like 1

AndyB just wow... How the hell did you get the idea to fly ppg with a back like that? Can't imagine how a hard landing would feel...

I always hear the excuse "I can't start with paramotor because I have back pain already". You are definitely an exception.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Casper said:

AndyB just wow... How the hell did you get the idea to fly ppg with a back like that? Can't imagine how a hard landing would feel...

I always hear the excuse "I can't start with paramotor because I have back pain already". You are definitely an exception.

When something nearly kills you, then it gives you the kick to go do everything you want to, while you still can. Yes, my back hurts like crap all day every day, but I now fly, walk, cycle and swim. Keeping really fit is the key. I am now as strong as an Ox and the super tough back muscles help keep everything in place. I discussed PPG with my surgeon before going for it last year!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asquaddie said:

Andy

Guess I won't complain about just my two bursting out then.  Sorry to hear, but I guess you get tired of hearing all this etc....

I'm on Oxylan and Gabapentin, which is now maxed out too, so now just have to grin and bear it until my appt in Sept,  I'm the same too, can only stand or sit for about 1 minute or 2 then need to lay down until it wears off.

This is not a medical forum - so let's shut up and get on with flying.

I am hoping for an op so could be up and straight ready to go again, but maybe this is a warning and I don't want to live in a wheel chair later on in life, but I do want to get back up in the air again.   So maybe a trike/microlight is the best way to go.  In a way, it brightens the day up researching and looking at all the different options. 

Good luck and hope to see you in the air as soon as possible :-)

Tony

My worry with trike is that a landing could be much harder on my back. I can't even go on roller coasters with seats any more cos the seat transmits g force directly into the spine. The thing with legs is they do some flexing when needed. :) Avoid any ops if you can.

i had the same about 4 years ago and had a op through work (private medical insurance).  It was good, I was up and walking straight away with no pain and flying again after 4-5 months.

Your right about landings.  The trikes I have seen with my own eyes have been a bit 'hit and miss' and I've always said in the pass that I'll never do that 

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive my ignorance everyone but since I couldn't find information on technical specifications of the trike, could anyone please enlighten me of its total weight (without an engine attached to it, of course) as with the new regulations in place this definitely is a hot space to watch. This might also well be a game changer for paramotoring in general considering UK manages to catch up with USA and Europe. Full technical specifications of it would be even better. Many thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, asquaddie said:

Correct Diyan, I thought it would be on the Parajet's website at least!!!

Okay I'm not so worried now knowing I'm not the only person that's confused about it. Hopefully someone that can shed some light on it is going to show up with information required. If not I guess I will just collect the most important information from Parajet directly. If anyone is interested in particular details about it - best to start making a list now, which I will then sort and post here for everyone once I've got the information from Parajet.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, admin (Simon W) said:

That's mine! :-):-) hopefully with us soon. Some shaving was needed to the USA version, to bring it under the UK 70KG total. 

SW :D

Nice, congratulations and hope it reaches you soon. Perhaps you'll be kind enough to share its specs? :D