Parajet Falco Trike

asquaddie

16 minutes ago, admin (Simon W) said:

As soon as it's with us I will use the aircraft W&B scales at the airfield (CAA Certified scales) :-):-) 

My plan was to print off the weight label and stick it on somewhere. (not a requirement) just something I can do so will do :-) 

SW :D

So nice of you Mr, thanks loads in advance. Some photos as well please.

:coptor:

On 9/10/2017 at 16:12, asquaddie said:

Simon

Is the trike coming with a new motor or are you planning to use a school one, if so which one??

Tony

Yo dude, sorry for delayed reply... At the moment I am undecided between building an electric trike (inside a V3 frame) or fitting a V3 that I know I can buy cheep as the guy has not taken it of the box since buying it about 4 years ago!!!! lol It has the polini 190 in it, but given an option I would use the 185. 

9 hours ago, asquaddie said:

Just happen to have one of thoughs babies and a V3 frame :-)

Well time to think about a trike then (: I'm sure that would be great fun and I will definitely give it a try in the future but for now I will enjoy foot launch while I still can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 06:14, admin (Simon W) said:

That's mine! :-):-) hopefully with us soon. Some shaving was needed to the USA version, to bring it under the UK 70KG total. 

Simon, what news on this, have PJ managed to lighten the Falco? And presumably to get it completely within the 70kg rule the unladen airframe  UNFUELLED will need to be 56kg wont it? Given it can take 14lts of fuel

4 hours ago, PatPux said:

And presumably to get it completely within the 70kg rule the unladen airframe  UNFUELLED will need to be 56kg wont it? Given it can take 14lts of fuel

Fuel is lighter than water, so 14 litres of petrol is just under 10kg (exact weight dependent on temperature, approx specific density 0.71). So the target becomes 60kg.

• 7 months later...

Have you any more news on the sub-70Kg Falco. I've just found out that a trike builder, who was going to make me a custom trike for my V3, has decided he's not happy to modify his design, or my frame, for safety reasons, which I respect his honesty for. As my back is still recovering from my training course in Spain over 3 weeks ago, I realise that a trike is the only real option, but I want to stay legal, so the standard Falco is not under consideration. I tried a number of 'lighter' motor option on my course, but they aren't that much lighter that would make any difference. I'll be really miffed if I have to replace my V3 with another unit, so a lighter Falco would be great!"   

Having chatted to Danny Kettle at PAP UK, we have come up with a plan. He's going to transfer my Thor 190 motor into a very low hours PAP chassis, with a new PAP Harness and reserve holder, supply one of his own build trikes to fit, and then I can sell the V3 Chassis with it's Dudek harness and empty reserve holder. I really like the Thor 190, and the electric start is brilliant, so I'm really pleased that is being retained.

If anyone is interested in the V3 (supplied new in August 2016), I will be looking for £1600, and it will be available in about 2 weeks time. It has lime green swing arms. It has a few marks to the outer parts of the cage, but is in great condition otherwise, and the Dudek harness is L/XL, with little sign of wear. I will  post pictures once it is stripped out.

2018-06-03 18.27.599.gif

2018-06-03 18.29.18gif.gif

2018-06-03 18.28.52.jpg

Edited by Dave Stuart Walsh
added pictures

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Parawheelie said:

Good question? 

Good question Guy? Under 70 was enough for me, with the V3 and moster plus - will let you know when I get it home. The main saving is smaller frame tubing I believe.

I'd love to see a photo (or 2) of it.

Having tried foot launch and now flying a trike I believe many more people could get in the air if they realized how much less physical and less stressful a set of wheels can make both the takeoff and the landing.........just not quite as adaptable to some ground conditions I fully accept.

• Like 1