Prop 1 Pete b 0

Not far off Dave. But it was Nil wind early this morning which is what is confusing us both (given that we have launched in quite strong wing before without this drama?

SW :D

OK so to clarify,

Our best guess is:

During the Launch on our (heavily modified!!!) Bulldog, and Ozone Magnum on a nil wind day, the cage flexed enough that the prop was able to grab a line on the way around under full power.

This pulled the entire riser set against Pete's arm pulling it backwards through the netting (like a hot knife through butter) and into the prop.

The energy involved when this happens is massive.

Pete is in agreement that we both think he should be very happy at the moment as it could well have been a lot lot worse.

That looks really painful! It was nice for him to sit there in agony with bleeding, split open fingers while you took the photo. :D I suppose he was using some colourful language as well. Most importantly I hope the motor was okay.

Pete hope it mends well.

Gary

I was about to start dressing it and he stopped me to take the picture LOL

Sorry I missed you today Gary dude! But see you again soon! :-)

Back down Saturday to have the tendon checked in my middle finger as it is very weak now.

The index finger to be cleaned up and if the tendon is showing they will take a skin graft from my neck to cover it, if its not showing they will leave it as is.