Future Pilot?

Hi All

I just thought I'd introduce myself as I have just registered, I have been reading posts on here for a while but have decided I definitely want to start Paramotoring in around April time next year.

I thought now would be a good time to start doing more in-depth research while I still have plenty of time to make decisions.

My names Neil and I'm a Regional Manager for a large UK company and look after a patch from Leicester to Great Yarmouth. I live in the West Midlands not too far from Dudley and Stourbridge.

I've been really impressed by the knowledge and lack of snobbery on this forum and how its nice to see people with a lot of experience so willing to pass that experience down.

Hopefully I will benefit from some of this and hope to maybe make a few flying buddies on here too.

I've been into flying all my life, was an Air Cadet and got to fly the Chipmunk (10 hours), Bulldog (120 hours), Tucano (2 hours) (All with an instructor present of course) and also had a back seat ride in a Tornado. I always wanted to fly but decided military life wasn't for me. I've looked at getting a PPL but mortgage and not meeting my aspirational pay goal means that isn't likely to happen!

So Paramotoring is the way forward for me, I need to look into where I can train, is a £5k budget realistic to train and get airborne and is my 17st alcohol derived pot belly going to keep my feet on the ground. I'm not looking to to anything fancy, just meander around looking at the scenery and enjoy the freedom of being in the air. - and maybe when I get confident fly to the seaside!

So there we go, really nice to join here, hope to get chatting to you all soon.

Welcome to the Paramotor Club :-)

Training costs around £1000 +

Second hand motor (half decent) £2500... .? ish

Second hand wing (half decent) £1500... ? Ish.

Hope this helps :-)

SW :D

Tom

How much is 17st anyway

106kg.......oh but you don't do that either............238lbs!!

Neil

I learnt this year and I'm just under 17st but relatively fit from Mountain biking for a 57 year old. You'll sweat a bit during training but it certainly shouldn't stop you.

I've spent £5500 so far on training, and good secondhand gear.

Find an instructor, Get going and good luck

Patrick

LOL

Too funny!

I cant drink that piss! I'll need to sell the house buy a trailer and find some guns first.... Once I have all that I can call my buddy Dell drink some beer fly around and shoot some shit! Give us a "Hell Yea"

Poor new guy!

Orange sorry about that we got a little carried away....

Can you believe these guys calling a Canadian a Yank? Wow harsh place.

Why does a rumbling, dusty herd of stampeding elephants come to mind when I think of the FFFC doing launch runs?

The only thing I would take issue with is "dusty"......... As I look out the window; that would would be nice .

Incidentally, joining requirements are quite straight forward, it's all, alternative entry route, for Club Pilot it's simply being able to tell the difference between Ginsters, and Pukka . You may also be required to demonstrate to an examiner that you can eat 5 without getting any down your front

I'm too lightweight to join, I'll start working on upping the calorie intake. Can we have our own comps? Maybe with extra wide gates for the spectators to get through? The liability insurance would have to cover diabetes, heart attacks, injuries sustained when fighting over the last bun ...

I'm too lightweight to join, I'll start working on upping the calorie intake. Can we have our own comps? Maybe with extra wide gates for the spectators to get through? The liability insurance would have to cover diabetes, heart attacks, injuries sustained when fighting over the last bun ...

Ok, now you're just being silly!