Heated gloves

martinpa

Hoping somebody can help with heated gloves.

So firstly, are cheap heated gloves worth buying? Are they any better than a good pair of normal gloves?

Secondly, what heated gloves do people have/use? How much do you need to spend to get a pair worth having.?

What heated gloves do people use?

Thanks In advance.

Paul

Hi,

If you have a 12v out on your machine then I would get a pair of Gerbing G3 gloves, they are very well made and are good enough in most situations without them being turned on. I also find that they are flexable enough to still be used for normal flying. I have not ried the T5's but I susspect that they may be just a little bulky.

Due to the recent cold snap I invested in the whole kit. Socks, trousers, Jacket and gloves with a dual controller. This allows independant heat to the jacket from the Other items.

They also come with a lifetime guarantee on the heating elements, they are designed for motorbikes.

They also do a set that runst from batteries (Hybrid range) but I have not tried these.

If you have a 12v out on your machine

I have heated jacket, gloves and boots for my motorbicycle - all home-made for a few quid - which work very well and add much comfort on my winter rides.

Do many (if so which models) PPG motors have a 12V outlet with sufficient output to power a pair of gloves - about 25W?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have bought some heated gloves whilst over in the UK.

They have the name HEAT on the cuff and run from 3x AA batteries in a holder in each cuff.

They appear to be pretty good gloves not withstanding the heating elements, with Thinsulate 40 gram insulation. The heating elements are about 4W in each glove. Up to 2 1/2 hours with alkaline batteries.

I bought them on offer from Clas Ohlson at £19.99 but have found them on offer at Maplins in their sale (up to 22nd Jan) at £12.49.

They come in two sizes S/M or L/XL, I would think the larger would suit everyone.

Haven't tried them yet but will report when I have done so.

Cheers, Alan

I have bought some heated gloves whilst over in the UK.

They have the name HEAT on the cuff and run from 3x AA batteries in a holder in each cuff.

They appear to be pretty good gloves not withstanding the heating elements, with Thinsulate 40 gram insulation. The heating elements are about 4W in each glove. Up to 2 1/2 hours with alkaline batteries.

I bought them on offer from Clas Ohlson at £19.99 but have found them on offer at Maplins in their sale (up to 22nd Jan) at £12.49.

They come in two sizes S/M or L/XL, I would think the larger would suit everyone.

Haven't tried them yet but will report when I have done so.

Cheers, Alan

I bought a pair of those Al, I have not ried them flying yet but have tried them on a very cold day while out on my mountain bike, they worked great, even my fingers wich being first to catch the cold air on a bike really stayed nice and warm :D