I want a good Paramotor helmet

Hi guys

Has anyone got the nirvana full contact 3 Helmet look like a nice piece of kit with lots of toys but is it any good.

I'm fed up with all the mix and match helmets and headsets . I want some thing all in one that will cancel out the motor noise and good and clear these VHF radios are rubbish and a lot of the built in headset helmets are very bulky the nirvana one looks streamline and tidy but is it any good .would really appreciate any feed back

Iain

Hi Iain,

The headsets are bulky as a result of improving the noise attenuation. I've yet to find a really good ear defender that isn't bulky.

What makes you say the VHF radios are rubbish? Most are too sensitive on the microphone for our application.

Cheers, Alan

Go for the Microavionics helmet and the separate ear defenders/comm head set.

Although separate units- they are designed to work together, and fit very comfortably.

You can get a connector for mobile phone/ipod, etc... too.... as well as various other accessories for the helmet - such as visor, air dam, etc.....

The Microavionics range are 'airsports certified' too, so compatible with your BHPA insurance requirement.

GD

The best helmets on the market are Icaro.. All the com's swivel for easy communication on the ground or if like me you like to thermal then you can move them out of the way and all you hear is the vario and wind :lol:

I use a Scarab & a Fly UL both from Icaro.. id recommend both.

I use the Scarab with visor if flying winter,high or long distance and the Fly UL if messing around on a summers evening.

I have the Micro Avionics MP -100 That fits both helmets if need be.

I can recommend the Free air com together with this PHD head set. I have been using it for over a year now and it's perfect. It has dual side PTT i can use with both hend while holding the brakes.

60140_blue_600px.jpg

Cheers,

Jony

Never liked this type of headset connection- I had an AirExtreme model once, and it had similar method for mounting the earcups- there simply wasn't enough compression to get a good fit round the ears... Bearing in mind I wear a balaclava under the helmet- i found that a separate headset and helmet the better option. Separate headset with an inverted 'U' shaped connection provides enough compression to fit snugly with the balaclava.

GD

• 5 years later...

I was trying to decide which one of these to buy. Going to look into the ones being discussed here but I'm curious if anyone has tried either of these. I like the look of the white one but I'd like bluetooth. These are in USD. 

NEW YUENY bluetooth carbon fiber paramotor helmet powered paragliding  helmet with intercom 
NEW YUENY bluetooth carbon fiber paramotor helmet powered paragliding  helmet with intercom 
 http://s.aliexpress.com/VJRZfU7j?fromSns=Messages

Noise cancel Paramotor helmets with full headset White powered paraglider helmet wholesale free shipping
Noise cancel Paramotor helmets with full headset White powered paraglider helmet wholesale free shipping
 http://s.aliexpress.com/UFJr26RZ?fromSns=Messages

Screenshot_20180705-234113_AliExpress.jpg

Screenshot_20180705-234103_AliExpress.jpg

I fly in the second (completely closed) type. Definitely do not recomment to anyone. I had to completely rebuild it in order of both the noise cancellation and electronics. It is a goog shell but a piece of crap in terms of the noise cancellation and radio... Screenshot_20180604-190845-01.thumb.jpeg.8b6936bd6c28fbbf4bc2ecc0d6e80564.jpeg

Wow okay. That's good to know, I'm glad I asked! I like the look of it more than the carbon fiber one but that's what I was worried about; the electronics.. thanks for the feedback, I definitely won't get that one then. 

Has anyone tried the top one? What's the quality like on it?

• 4 weeks later...

You should check out the Nvolo Helmets, full carbon construction and conform to EN966 standards for aviation, Hand Made in Italy  Available in visible Carbon, Camo,  painted, or if you want custom Paint, Lots of radio options inc Bluetooth..  

There not cheap but they are hand made and full Carbon construction not Plastic... I've had mine for a while now and have also sold a few with some great feedback from owners...  

Photos of my custom Macfly/ozone clear carbon 

43202612064_3e6548985b_z.jpgIMG_0937 by mark.morgan07, on Flickr

30051628408_6ef97c4598_z.jpgIMG_0936 by mark.morgan07, on Flickr

You can follow the links to more photos of some of the helmets we have in stock 

• 7 months later...
On 13/07/2018 at 23:22, Caleb said:

Has anyone tried the top one? What's the quality like on it?

I have the top one...bought it without a headset to put my own on there and it works great. The helmet is ok, comfortable on longer flights the shield is great in colder weather, then take it off for the summer