Affordable Paramotoring

Hi all,

After being really interested in paramotoring for a short while now, watching countless videos, reading and subscribing to magazines and even going on a tandem flight at Manchester paramotors, I know I now want to do a course.

However, so far i have been put off as knew I didn't have 6k+ for good equipment post the course, so couldn't afford to keep up the new hobby.

After some research I came across PPG100 and thought it was an excellent way (post course) to get my hours and experience up without the instant effect on my wallet.

I know that it is being handed over this year to parajet but wanted to know if it's still running and what others think of it as an affordable option to getting into paramotoring. Additionally, if anyone knows of any other similar schemes then please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan

You can do it cheaper than 6k trainings 1k, good second hand wing 1k, motor 1.5-2k (might need a bit of tarting up)

Helmet anything ce marked will do, bog standard walking boots,good coat, jerry cans x2 (3.99 each petrol station) forget about gps and stuff to start with you won't go too far away from your field for a good while.

eBay isn't the devils work despite what most people think! I got my wing fom eBay for 1k and it's bloody great! (caution is advised obviously) you can get some great stuff cheap and the older you go the cheaper it gets.

You could do it for £3500 or cheaper if you really looked about :-)

Tom :dive:

I'm still planning on entering the Paramotor fraternity with a Baileys V5. Why? Because it's quieter than the 2 strokes and seems to be more fuel frugal, reliable sturdy etc. But it is obvious that nearly all the franchises have restrictions on sale prices and a V5 cannot be found anywhere for les than £5000+.

Can someone suggest a comparable alternative for new entrants into the market please? Something that above all else is reliable, electric start stop (in flt), robust and for a lot less than a new V5? Ideally something between £3-4000?

Ooops - nearly forgot: must have good after sales maintenance availability.

Many thanks.

Can someone suggest a comparable alternative for new entrants into the market please? Something that above all else is reliable, electric start stop (in flt), robust and for a lot less than a new V5? Ideally something between £3-4000?

Many thanks.

I have a V3 on ebay at the moment

Bernoulli - speak to Morgy

Mine is on Ebay as we speak!!!! 1 day left

Max 85/90kg pilot

NO TYRE KICKERS I HAVE HAD TO MANY ALREADY :evil::x:x

If your looking for a new V5 come and speak to us....

The wait is currently 14 weeks from Bailey!!! Oh wait no we have stock :lol:

No one will discount a V5 we are not allowed too.. and we don't need too as we are the only company to carry stock in the UK

Yes they are expensive but you get what you pay for!

I'm still planning on entering the Paramotor fraternity with a Baileys V5. Why? Because it's quieter than the 2 strokes and seems to be more fuel frugal, reliable sturdy etc. But it is obvious that nearly all the franchises have restrictions on sale prices and a V5 cannot be found anywhere for les than £5000+.

Many thanks.

Parajet...

Good strong frames, ideal if you jump in the seat too early on your maiden flight as I did!

From personal experience ( and my flying buddy ) the most amazing after sales service

Loads of variants and Parajet refurbished 2nd user units for sale..

Parajet all the way for me!

And no... I don't work for them, although i should do as I don't get paid for telling anyone how happy I am with my second one!

Hello mate. I'm new to it aswell. Done it for 4000. Revo 2 and a really nice pap Ross. Met a few blokes from this forum and got some good advise and plenty of pointers. Done loads of ground handling and got in the air recently. Dosent have to be as expensive as ya think. And trust me. It's worth every penny!!!! An I might be well out with this but I don't think the 4 strokes are that much quieter? I was under the impression that a lot of the noise produced was from the prop? Might have it right round my neck tho.

Hello mate. I'm new to it aswell. Done it for 4000. Revo 2 and a really nice pap Ross. Met a few blokes from this forum and got some good advise and plenty of pointers. Done loads of ground handling and got in the air recently. Dosent have to be as expensive as ya think. And trust me. It's worth every penny!!!! An I might be well out with this but I don't think the 4 strokes are that much quieter? I was under the impression that a lot of the noise produced was from the prop? Might have it right round my neck tho.

Agreed.. I recently stood under a V5, a Moster and a Polini all taking off at the same time, and to me they all sounded about the same dB level. With the V5 though the sound is more acceptable (to onlookers) as it's a four stroke and has a lower pitch sound when compared to it's 2 stroke equivalent.

I was wondering tho' what it sounds like to the pilot... I noticed on one of the V5's I was looking at at the weekend, that it had a standard cone air filter instead of an expansion box, so I guess the induction noise might be a bit louder :?:

I agree that most of the total noise from a paramotor is probably from the prop.

However, the pilot has the engine very close to his (or her) ears and there is more to noise than dB levels.

Personally, I find the tinny, rattly sound of 2-stroke expansion chambers considerably more offensive than the same volume of lower pitched 4-stroke sound.

I also find I can hear speech better over 4-stroke sound than over 2-stroke sound, possibly because the 2-stroke sound contains frequencies similar to those in the human voice.

The whole subject is, of course, highly subjective. There are some on this forum who actually claim to like the sound of 2-strokes. These people are perverts :lol:

So long as you are happy with your motor, you have made the right choice.

Pete.

RD500 :twisted:

And the smell, lets not forget about the smell :-)

SW :D

Have you never experienced a Gold Star 500 on Castrol R?

I followed one on a run out from the Ace cafe. The smell alone caused a commotion in my pants. Mm-hmm! :P

Apologies for bike chat.

Pete

Bailey 175

Ozone Indy