Bound to happen

Richwill15

I have been informed my V3 1.1 has around 60kg's and the V4 1.3 has around 75kg's so i imagine the V5 1.3 is around 70-75kg's but allot lighter.

But there are no figures on the bailey website and i have not been supplied with any figures from Bailey... I know there has been some optimistic claims by manufactures in the past..... :roll:

We need pete with his thrust machine!!!!

The motor is 15kg's

I have been informed my V3 1.1 has around 60kg's and the V4 1.3 has around 75kg's so i imagine the V5 1.3 is around 70-75kg's but allot lighter.

But there are no figures on the bailey website and i have not been supplied with any figures from Bailey... I know there has been some optimistic claims by manufactures in the past..... :roll:

The motor is 15kg's

If anyone actually sees a 4 stroke (not just imagines it) putting out more than 65 kilos of thrust......please tell me. I'd love one.

Practical, economical, quieter and now more reliable and lighter too. Very attractive.

The motor is 15kg's

If anyone actually sees a 4 stroke (not just imagines it) putting out more than 65 kilos of thrust......please tell me. I'd love one.

Practical, economical, quieter and now more reliable and lighter too. Very attractive.

As there is no Data on Bailey's web site i had to take the figures from another website....

http://www.americanparagliding.com/bailey/specs.htm

I am not saying these figure's are correct or incorrect. But i have seen a 100-110kg pilot on a 26 speedster and fly a V5 and climb out at 200-300FPM. He has now ordered a 30 speedster and fly's a V4.

What's with Parajet's big push towards other engines? Thought they would be pushing the rotron instead of a bailey.

The rotron is expensive.... The bailey "i think" sit's very nicely in parajets new custom paramotor range now they have a full house... If you want a light unit, Top 80 If you want power, Moster if you want reliability and economy the V5.

I think it a very clever move from parajet.

Actual burn rate would be useful, compared to any other engine of the same weight.

Price,

Total weight,

Length of warranty,

And the test of time to some extent ( although kind of written off by the above, no good if your on a holiday )

And of course I would have to fly one first :-)

I expect it will be an expensive bit of kit :-(

SW :D

Actual burn rate would be useful, compared to any other engine of the same weight. A Hambrook 100kg Pilot on a 34synth on full trim is getting 2.5 LTR's/H

Price, Has to equal the price of the V5

Total weight, V5 27kg's Parajet is looking around 26/7

Length of warranty, V5 1 year Parajet cant give you more on someone else engine unless there mad!!!

And the test of time to some extent ( although kind of written off by the above, no good if your on a holiday )

And of course I would have to fly one first :-) Can't help you there unless you want a V5

I expect it will be an expensive bit of kit :-( yes but buy cheap buy twice!!! :wink:

Hi Tom,

I would say for your first question, a no is the answer. Mechanical parts break on all engines, I personally think that maintenance is the key.

4 strokes are heavier engines, but thats why we are all chatting about the V5 which is only a tad heavier than most 2 strokes.

A 4 stroke all so has a much smoother power delivery and also has a deeper tone so sounds quieter than a 2 stroke. The running cost are normally lower on a 4 stroke fuel + oil but a 4 stroke costs more to buy. For the size a 4 stroke has lees power than the equivalent size 2stroke.

Think about it like a motor cross bike some like high revy 2 stroke and some like the big thudding 4 strokers.

Ec-Extremes New Competition model "The Samurai" will be launched in January and will have a choice of 3 engines, The Vittorazzi Moster, The Vittorazzi FLY EVO 100 and the Bailey V5. The Samurai will also include the new EC-Extreme, Active Arm Weight Shift system which works throught EC-Extremes easy entry / exit Mid-High Harness system, offering security, comfort and good movement for weight shifting in a similar way to the British Bulldog system.

We have our Demo model on order right now and this is due to hit the UK mid to end February 2012 if anyone would like to come and have a look or a demo it. Prices and delivery are to be confirmed in the new year.

The Samurai will come complete with its own hard case, prop covers and cage bag (for easy and compact portability) a EC-Extreme T-Shirt and Hat.

In the mean time you can have a look at the prototype model video but believe me when i say that this is far from the finished product:

Ec-Extremes New Competition model "The Samurai" will be launched in January and will have a choice of 3 engines, The Vittorazzi Moster, The Vittorazzi FLY EVO 100 and the Bailey V5. The Samurai will also include the new EC-Extreme, Active Arm Weight Shift system which works throught EC-Extremes easy entry / exit Mid-High Harness system, offering security, comfort and good movement for weight shifting in a similar way to the British Bulldog system.

We have our Demo model on order right now and this is due to hit the UK mid to end February 2012 if anyone would like to come and have a look or a demo it. Prices and delivery are to be confirmed in the new year.

The Samurai will come complete with its own hard case, prop covers and cage bag (for easy and compact portability) a EC-Extreme T-Shirt and Hat.

In the mean time you can have a look at the prototype model video but believe me when i say that this is far from the finished product:

EC ya just got to love Em un-doubtably one of the best Paramotor's out there already booked my demo flight on the Bailey powered EC Samurai.

Cant wait!!!!!!!