Bound to happen

Richwill15

Ec-Extremes New Competition model "The Samurai" will be launched in January and will have a choice of 3 engines, The Vittorazzi Moster, The Vittorazzi FLY EVO 100 and the Bailey V5. The Samurai will also include the new EC-Extreme, Active Arm Weight Shift system which works throught EC-Extremes easy entry / exit Mid-High Harness system, offering security, comfort and good movement for weight shifting in a similar way to the British Bulldog system.

We have our Demo model on order right now and this is due to hit the UK mid to end February 2012 if anyone would like to come and have a look or a demo it. Prices and delivery are to be confirmed in the new year.

The Samurai will come complete with its own hard case, prop covers and cage bag (for easy and compact portability) a EC-Extreme T-Shirt and Hat.

In the mean time you can have a look at the prototype model video but believe me when i say that this is far from the finished product:

EC ya just got to love Em un-doubtably one of the best Paramotor's out there already booked my demo flight on the Bailey powered EC Samurai.

Cant wait!!!!!!!

I have to laugh One minute everyone is saying Bailey's are no good for the heavier pilot up to and over 100kg's now everyone is seems hyped up about the V5 engine going into other paramotor's. WHY????

What is it are the Bailey's now the flavour of the month or something. I can't see how there going to keep up with production if all of these other paramotor's are going to have there motor's!!!!

I bet you will be waiting 12 weeks for a unit.....

All up 115kg i spoke to Paul at the flyin and he seemed to think the V5 would cope no problem but i didnt want to fly the demo, but now its going into a EC, if my flight in the demo in Feb goes well, I dont think i will be able to resist lol.

Ive tried the V5 on and the weight felt ok, So in the EC its gonna be even lighter, and i have no reason to doubt Pauls claim on the power, so cant wait till i test fly it, and the Samurai does look very very nice and the build quality on my Extreme is super, so have no doubt the Samurai will be just as good if not better.

Funny how things change, I REALLY wanted a 4 stroke Baily when I was looking for a new motor, but after speaking to Paul at Bailey I was told that the V5 would only be good for pilots up to 100kg, and anything above that wold seriously affect fuel consumtion and performance. i.e much longer runs on take off.

I also spoke to him when the V3 was the only motor option, he told me he had sold a unit to a pilot at 110kg and that was their heaviest pilot and me at 115kg should not be a problem maybe a slightly longer run thats all, but the weight for me was to much compared to the Moster so bought the EC Extreme, but then i met him in person at the Essex flyin and the V5 had just been released tried it on because i doubted his weight claims and was pleasantly suprised it was as light as claimed, i was not confident enough in my abilty to fly the V5 which i wish i had now but Paul was confident very confident that there was enough power, and since then my technic has improved and i only use prob half throttle on take off and less in flight so im really hoping that my demo flight is as good as i think it will be as i kinda feel that there will be enough power in the V5 for me.

Funny how things change, I REALLY wanted a 4 stroke Baily when I was looking for a new motor, but after speaking to Paul at Bailey I was told that the V5 would only be good for pilots up to 100kg, and anything above that wold seriously affect fuel consumtion and performance. i.e much longer runs on take off.

unless your flying a speedster :wink::wink::roll: It is funny how things change :roll:

Plus i would not say the finish of the EC is any where near the same quality as a bailey After looking at the welding on barry's. But i am biased 100% and always have been.. Even more so now as we are now selling Bailey's... :wink:

I have to agree that the Bailey build quality is fantastic and prob the best out there, and that some of the early EC welding could be better, but have to say on the latest one's the weld/build & finished product has improved and look a quality built Paramotor.

unless your flying a speedster :wink::wink::roll: It is funny how things change :roll:

Plus i would not say the finish of the EC is any where near the same quality as a bailey After looking at the welding on barry's. But i am biased 100% and always have been.. Even more so now as we are now selling Bailey's... :wink:

You will have to show me what you are on about with the welding, as I did not see any thing wrong with it!

Have you been keeping secrets again ?

Barry I think with Neilzy being an engineer like yourself, he means that the welding is slightly larger than the perfection that Baileys produce, and lets be fair the Bailey welding is world class but I wouldn't say that there is anything less than good quality welding on the EC-Extreme apart from the larger weld now and again.

All up 115kg i spoke to Paul at the flyin and he seemed to think the V5 would cope no problem but i didnt want to fly the demo, but now its going into a EC, if my flight in the demo in Feb goes well, I dont think i will be able to resist lol.

Ive tried the V5 on and the weight felt ok, So in the EC its gonna be even lighter, and i have no reason to doubt Pauls claim on the power, so cant wait till i test fly it, and the Samurai does look very very nice and the build quality on my Extreme is super, so have no doubt the Samurai will be just as good if not better.

Not me Nige, Morgy mentioned weld quality on Barry's machine....... Although have to say the weld quality on my chassis is perfection it looks so nice......

Not me Nige, Morgy mentioned weld quality on Barry's machine....... Although have to say the weld quality on my chassis is perfection it looks so nice......

Yes i did comment on the welding/ There is nothing wrong with the welding its just a little blobby. I used to repair/restore classic car's no know a little bit about good welding :wink: i can spot a bad weld or imperfection a mile a away

• 1 month later...