Manufacturer Quality Controls and Customer Service

I have been contacted by Nigel at UKPPG, who had been told about my original post.

After lengthy discussion and genuine interest in getting the issues I am having sorted. I have decided to remove my original post and give both EC Extreme and Nigel an opertunity to correct the situation.

I am hopeful that everything will be resolved in a timley maner. I will update you all good or bad in due course.

Edited by Guest

Sorry to hear of your troubles Barry. Hope you do manage to get things sorted to your satisfaction.

Regarding the placement of the fuse in the wiring diagram; it should be in the positive lead coming from the battery.

The 'common' or earth connection should never be fused.

Cheers,

Alan

bholleran

I feel for you ( I really Do )

Ive said it before and I will say it again we are unpaid test pilots....for the paramotor companies :(

we pay good money and get a product that has not been tested enough before they start selling them

I got my money back from the dealer after problems with my Pap pa125 after trading standards suggested that it wasnt fit for purpose....its a big problem when things go wrong with a machine because if its returned to the maker we miss out on the flying sometimes for the whole summer....they know this and sweet talk us with promises and upgrades ect ect and will will fix it ( :evil: its the first time its happened )

I hope that the paramotor survey will give us some answers when the results are announced....

ps does anybody know when :?::?:

I am surprised you have help your tongue for this long Barry....

I really feel for you..... I have to say your very patient as you have missed out on allot of flying due to these problems....

I dont think i would have been :roll:

Fair play to Nigel for his help Its just a shame the manufacturer could not offer the same level of customer service!!!

Another good reason to buy a uk brand!!!

Hi Barry

I certainly remember talking with you. I'm really sorry you've had issues with what appears to be the manufacturer. Glad at least Nigel is trying his best.

bholleran

I hope that the paramotor survey will give us some answers when the results are announced....

Hi Gary.

Survey finishes tomorrow. I'll publish the results as soon as I can. This is very much a version 1. It won't answer everything I'm sure but I'm happy to take suggestions for questions for next year.

Cheers

Al

Hi Barry

I certainly remember talking with you. I'm really sorry you've had issues with what appears to be the manufacturer. Glad at least Nigel is trying his best.

bholleran

Hi Gary.

Survey finishes tomorrow. I'll publish the results as soon as I can. This is very much a version 1. It won't answer everything I'm sure but I'm happy to take suggestions for questions for next year.

Cheers

Al

I did fill in the survey, but I am going to redo it.

Hi Barry sorry to hear about all the problems , if I may ask how much do you weigh you said you are a heavy pilot ? I am asking because I weigh 135 naked and fly easy with other type of motors ? I have flown 4 types of motors with no problems and I weighed 145 a while ago , Thys .

bholleran

I feel for you ( I really Do )

Ive said it before and I will say it again we are unpaid test pilots....for the paramotor companies :(

we pay good money and get a product that has not been tested enough before they start selling them

I got my money back from the dealer after problems with my Pap pa125 after trading standards suggested that it wasnt fit for purpose....its a big problem when things go wrong with a machine because if its returned to the maker we miss out on the flying sometimes for the whole summer....they know this and sweet talk us with promises and upgrades ect ect and will will fix it ( :evil: its the first time its happened )

HI bholeran.

A saying goes "how do you know when a paramotor is going to fail"? Answer "When its running" In other words they are all fairly prone to failing but some more than others.

I agree with Garyfreefly; often we are the test pilots as manufacturers make changes without testing sometimes. I have owned many Paramotors and flown others. Without mentioning names, all but my current motor manufacturer make frequent changes often with poor results. My current motor is tested under DULV and any changes are made only after extensive testing. The quality of all componants are evident at a glance especialy the exhaust. I weigh 105kg which puts a lot of work to these small machines.

Sorry to hear your troubles, when I first started in PPG I had many similar experiences and like Gary got as full refund via advice from trading standards.

Good luck

Regards.

Hi Furgus

Barry did consider the V4 he tried my V3 on for size. He managed to get in to it but it was very tight. It was just the distance between the bars that made it uncomfortable.

I also dont think the V4 would have the power and Barry would have to be on a tandem wing in my opinion.

Hi morgy if I might say something , I have flown a tandem wing solo it has a lot of negatives , how much does he weigh ? I have more than 400 flights weighing between 145 and 135 kg just myself and can give good advice what wing could work for a heavy pilot . I did a 0 wind forward launch yesterday on a Ozone speedster 33 with no problems just a couple of steps .Thys

Hi Barry sorry to hear about all the problems , if I may ask how much do you weigh you said you are a heavy pilot ? I am asking because I weigh 135 naked and fly easy with other type of motors ? I have flown 4 types of motors with no problems and I weighed 145 a while ago , Thys .

I weigh between 125 - 130 kg but I am only 5' 8", and the problem for me was not the wing or engine. (I used to fly a Gin Bolero and M21Y Corsair engine) This combination was fine.

For the me the issue was my shape, I could not get into any of the harnesses that were around at the time. Generally because the waist strap was not long enough or the seat plate was not wide enough. Either at all or with a log of wiggling, to the stage that I build my own and it worked fine. (Partly becuase of finincial limitations at the time)

I have since tried some of the new units i.e. the parajet harness and I can now get in with ease.

My first choice at the time was the Baily 4 stroke (Any model - Because of the quietness, due to having a potentially noise sensitive site.) but after speaking to them they did not believe that the V5 or any other model would provide sufficient thrust for me, which narroid my choices to the list above.

UKPPG at the time had a EC 26 (Moster model) available, and although I could not quite get into it. It was close enough that with a few tweeks I could see how it would work for me.

Once it was delivered I was delighted with the harness configuration, as it litterly scooped me off the ground with no wiggling required.

I now fly a Nucleon 34 and even at full trim I can fly level at approx 5500 rpm, wich should be good for a fuel ratio of about 3.5 ltrs per hous if Simonin's figures are to be believed.

Less pies is the order of the day. :) I know what I am before anyone starts.

Hi morgy if I might say something , I have flown a tandem wing solo it has a lot of negatives , how much does he weigh ? I have more than 400 flights weighing between 145 and 135 kg just myself and can give good advice what wing could work for a heavy pilot . I did a 0 wind forward launch yesterday on a Ozone speedster 33 with no problems just a couple of steps .Thys

Yes i know about all the draw backs of flying a tandem wing solo!! :wink: I was just stating that the bailey would not get him off the ground with out one.....

Now i think the V5 and a 33 speedster will be fine....

Barry your going to have to have a go of Seymore's 30m speedster when he gets it!!!! As seymore flew a 26 with no trouble at all on a V5 and he is just over 100kg's...

I will turn you to the four stroke dark side Barry..... :wink:

Yes i know about all the draw backs of flying a tandem wing solo!! :wink: I was just stating that the bailey would not get him off the ground with out one.....

Now i think the V5 and a 33 speedster will be fine....

Barry your going to have to have a go of Seymore's 30m speedster when he gets it!!!! As seymore flew a 26 with no trouble at all on a V5 and he is just over 100kg's...

I will turn you to the four stroke dark side Barry..... :wink:

I have always been on the dark side, it is the heavy side that causes me the problem. :)

Hi Bary I am also only 1,78 m for my 135 kg ( I am glad it is not 145 anymore) I played rugby and was a tight head prop , so I agree with you to get easy in the harness is very important , the motor is not all that important when I was 145 I flew a PAP Ros 125 with ease using a Mc Para Eden 33 , later I flew a PXP ros 125 , I found the PXP harness easier to get into and you can run much easier with it the legstraps and chest straps are one . I then flew Paramania revo36 with the PXP 180 , some of my friends fly the Moster great machine but I find the Speedster to be great . A friend of mine did 2 tandems on my 33 he weigh 105 kg and the pax 60 they took off from the beach with wind so light they had to do a forward with no problem . A friend of mine weigh 130 kg and fly PAP Ros 125 with my old Eden 33 with no problems . Hope you get sorted .Thys

Glad this got sorted. It's good to talk!

SW :D

Yes i think it is good to talk and i am happy for barry that Nigel has got in contact and is sorting this out.... But i dont think Barry should have deleted his original post. If there is a problem with a unit and someone is unhappy with it then there is nothing wrong with posting about your feelings and frustraion. But WHEN the issue is sorted then the poster should tell everyone about the customers service and how the issue was resolved... I have personally been a whiteness to most of Barry's problems. I think i would have set it on fire!!! :lol:

Sorry just my 2p's worth