Revo 2

With this weight, you'd be taking off and landing extremely fast- even with full trims.... Hate to think what it would be like in zero winds, would be great for fast cross country flying though!! Imagine what you could do with a speedbar fitted too!! Do they make a size 23 Fusion i wonder??

GD

I'm 82kg in the buff and I fly a 26 Revo2 and I find it very fast on landing, even with trims pulled all the way in.

It can be quite frightening in nil wind, when you have pulled all the brake you have and are still travelling too fast to run :shock:

Funnily enough, I find nil wind, forward launches a breeze on this wing (is that a contradiction?), but then my motor is quite powerful (Pap PA125).

IMO, for a beginner at 75kg, I would put you on a 26, not a 23.

Good luck :D

Dan

I'm 82kg in the buff and I fly a 26 Revo2 and I find it very fast on landing, even with trims pulled all the way in.

It can be quite frightening in nil wind, when you have pulled all the brake you have and are still travelling too fast to run :shock:

Funnily enough, I find nil wind, forward launches a breeze on this wing (is that a contradiction?), but then my motor is quite powerful (Pap PA125).

IMO, for a beginner at 75kg, I would put you on a 26, not a 23.

Good luck :D

Dan

Many Thans will look at a bigger wing

With this weight, you'd be taking off and landing extremely fast- even with full trims.... Hate to think what it would be like in zero winds, would be great for fast cross country flying though!! Imagine what you could do with a speedbar fitted too!! Do they make a size 23 Fusion i wonder??

GD

Gordon,

I flew Danny Weston's Fusion 20 at the Essex Fly-in....THAT was fun! (I'm 85kg)

They do make a size 23 Fusion yes. I have one and it's ace :-)

The landings are nice due to the energy the wing carries. They do also make a 20 one of which I will have a play on in a few days.

SW :D

Many thanks to you all for your suggestions, I will deff look for a bigger wing, you just get mixed messages looking at the specs of such wings giving a max suggested weight, I suppose the bigger the wing the better...right.

No, the optimum wing size will depend on your total weight- the wingloading range should be available from the manufacturer's data. The wing loading should be within the designated perameters. A wing on the light end of the wing loading range is just as dangerous as a heavlily loaded wing. Also if a wind is too lightly loaded, it will fly relatively slowly in comparison to the optimum wing (too much drag), and will me more difficult to ground handle- especially in stronger winds.

I suggest you talk this through with your instructor during your training, then make your choice.

Also there is a great video/DVD you should check out- called 'Risk and Reward'... all the basics/fundamentals are explained in this film.

Regards,

GD

I have spoken to someone today who suggests that I go for a Wind Tech Zepher PW, I think.

He seemed to be swaying away from a reflex wing, and gave me some pointers;

1. A reflex wing will colapse much harder if it does and will be more of a jolt.

2. A reflex wing will need more ground speed (running) to get off the ground

3. A reflex wing will come down to land faster also.

4. No wing is perfect, a reflex will still fail in rotor as any other wing.

It seems that Relflex or not Reflex is the issue.

I was led to beleive that they are much safer, but I guess that a certified wing whatever the type is more or less as safe as you can get.

He did seem to know his beans.

Looks like a non relex for me

I have spoken to someone today who suggests that I go for a Wind Tech Zepher PW, I think.

1. A reflex wing will colapse much harder if it does and will be more of a jolt.

I was led to beleive that they are much safer, but I guess that a certified wing whatever the type is more or less as safe as you can get.

I will give you 12 months if that, and you will want a reflex wing.

I will give you 12 months if that, and you will want a reflex wing.

Why is that?

You will get fed up being left behind when flying with others or they will have to wait for you.

If its a little windy you will not be able to go anywhere.

On the plus side you will use less fuel to stay up longer due to more lift :D

The newer reflex wings are not that fast taking off or landing and if you know your met you will not get in to a situation where you would be up in the conditions that could cause a collapse.

Why buy a three legged donkey when you can buy a four legged horse, unless the person selling the donkey is a really good salesman :!::!::!::!:

Look at this short video and see how easy a reflex (Dudek ReAction) is in nil wind.

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Newer models of reflex are even easier to fly, you know it makes sense!

Cheers,

Alan

I was also a none reflex flyer for many many years .......... :D

it wasnt untill I was persuaded to fly a reflex wing ( under Duress ) I understood what all the fuss was about.... :shock:

my eyes were opened it was like ( A NEW BIRTH ) the flying window due to weather conditions is extended massively also the new breed of reflex wings are very manoverable :D this was not the case with the first reflex wings its a win win win situation

my none reflex wing now lives in the garage and probably wont be used again....

dont waste your time flying a none reflex

sometimes all of us make the wrong decision. :oops: ...this is YOUR chance.....to get it

RIGHT :mrgreen::dive:

Amongst the pilots I fly with, I am the only one with a reflex wing and I have a choice: either I can fly with trims pulled all the way in and fly a just a little faster than my non reflex friends, or I can use the trimmers and fly around them like a sheep dog :!:

Choose a reflex :)