Summer's evening flight down to the south coast

weve got lots of richard the thirds floating down our water !!

Are they like the shoals of Mersey trout we can spot round our way ??? :lol:

Nice video - clearer and steadier than the usual shaky head-cam footage. looks just like our urban / coastal flying sites.

Richard the third is obvious but I had to google mersey trout.

The water was so clear which is very unusual, since normally you can,t see your finger nails if yer Knuckle is wet. But monday evening you could see loads of mullet and the bottom 5 ft down.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't not mention the helmet (or lack of) :-(

IF you fall on landing your frame will crack open the back of your head. I have seen this happen.

Great vid though :-)

SW :D

Just got my own Gopro and here is a Movie I made friday evening. Not quite upto Richard Symonds' standard as I have a lot to learn, [youtubevideo]
[/youtubevideo]

Nice Video...... but can't imagine flying without helmet and ear defenders!

Prolonged exposure to the noise will not do your hearing any good, worst case Tinitus could set in.

Helmet??

GD

Just one thing missing the famous seymor spiral when you come into land!!! :lol:

NOW HAVE WING CAN FLY!!!! motor still up at baileys, fixed but need's picking up....

Wing was given the big thumbs up from aerofix :D

Hi Mark,

That is great news, just in time for the good weather :)

Teresa and I are intending to fly on tuesday evening 18:00 onwards (ish) I have asked for the field to be opened up at 16:00. Let me know if you are up for it.

Barry

Just got my own Gopro and here is a Movie I made friday evening. Not quite upto Richard Symonds' standard as I have a lot to learn, [youtubevideo]
[/youtubevideo]

Hi Seymore,

Love the video, how do you rate the go pro. It seems to provide really high quality video, but what about battery life and helmet fixings?

Barry

I really like the gopro, the quality of the image is fantastic and the wide angle lets you photo yourself at arms length and also makes the image appear really steady even when you are bouncing around. Here is a little timelapse clip with each photo taken at one second intervals, then put together in windows moviemaker. [youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ08qmghapw&feature=player_detailpage[/youtubevideo]

You could also check out the other kite surfing movie and me with the dog[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]