Essex Fly-In. (Saturday Night's Exploits!)

That looks awesome, special mention to the bloke taking cover at 0:23 & the other quickly trying to gather his wing at 1:17 - both of which made me giggle.

Also loving the soundtrack - bringing back memories of Kevin & Perry.

Am so doing a bunk off work & coming down to the next fly in!

Sounds like one of the locals was was not too happy about the early risers....

Don't expect the locals to ever welcome you back, after waking up most of the eastern half of Southend early on Sunday morning with your selfish and reckless flying, and causing untold noise pollution for most of the rest of the morning.

Remind me again about the low-flying rule, and the one about not flying into clouds?

.....taken from the video comment page - so own up who was breaking the "low flying rule" ??

Mine was done all over the airfield and the open marsh just behind it with permission from the airfield landowner. :D

When we did go near Southend, I was definitely above the required height minimums.

Just goes to show that nowhere escapes the ever-watchful presence of the Evil Funbusting Brigade.

As for susan boyle fan.... I have to admit i would not want to be woken up at 430am on a sunday morning!!!!! There was one guy who was the first up in the air and flew over the house's and most of the no fly zone that were pointed out to us the night before by neil...

So i do think they have a right to be a bit pist off...... If the next fly in goes ahead then there should be a early morning limit to when you can fly... 6 or 7am and anyone flying over the house at that time in the morning should be ask to kindly go away. but after say 830 9 then the normal 500ft rule aplies.....

As for the low flying STEVE you should be ashamed you would not catch me doing such a thing :lol::lol:

SHAME ON YOU :lol:

Sounds like one of the locals was was not too happy about the early risers....
Don't expect the locals to ever welcome you back, after waking up most of the eastern half of Southend early on Sunday morning with your selfish and reckless flying, and causing untold noise pollution for most of the rest of the morning.

Remind me again about the low-flying rule, and the one about not flying into clouds?

.....taken from the video comment page - so own up who was breaking the "low flying rule" ??

not sure this comment is genuine, anyone who lives near the field will know the eastern part of southend is quite a distance away, the nearest towns being wakering and mostly shoeburyness.

what get me is this was one day in the year and they are bitching and moaning, this reminds me of the coments page in the local rag in the days after the seafront airshow.

every year its the same people moaning about the noise that has incinvenienced them for one day of the year, stobarts have brought southend airport and plan on upping the number of flights out of there, then they really will have something to moan about. :D

Funny enough we did have one local get very upset and he could pass for a Susan Boyle fan but Paul the farmer was having none of it and after 15mins of us both trying to pacify the man Paul told him to sling his hook in no uncertain terms. However when we do the next one there will be a start time and the no fly zones will be strictly enforced we will be a tad more organised next time (ok i will) with maps etc for each pilot, but as far as i know he was the only complaint so far and well it is an airfield and it is only every now and then.

So looking forward to next flyin watch this space for dates etc.........

Neilzy